Coastal Members: Let's get our credibility back!

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by victorious, Jan 3, 2008.

1. victorious

victorious New Member

This is a TRUE story. I am not bashing anyone out there; we respect every business on the planet and the freedom each person has to join the business they want.

First Point: Several, and I mean, SEVERAL members of the GRN (Global Resorts Network), have contacted us BADMOUTHING Coastal; of course, knowing we are with Coastal and wanting us to join them.

How did they find us? They are spending OUR HARD-EARNED advertising dollars by clicking on our PPC ads just to try to recruit us.

Second Point: Go to Google and do a search on "Coastal Vacations". You will find that many of the ads out there are NOT from Coastal members but rather from competitors using headlines such as:
    Why I Didn't Join Coastal
    Coastal Vacations
    Stay away from them
    Forget Coastal
    Don't Join Coastal Until
    No Coastal Vacations Sales
    Why I Left Coastal Vacations

And I just copied and pasted directly from Google. What does that do to us? Well, the Coastal prospects that are doing their research online will look at all these ads and DOUBT that Coastal is a legitimate business. I cannot even conceive the idea of how many people we have lost because of these headlines alone.

And you know what? IT'S OK. I respect everybody's methods to get business, although I don't use degrading another company to get business myself, I respect the fact that everybody has the freedom the choose their advertising methods.

My POINT HERE IS that all the Coastal members out there that want to CONTINUE to make sales and market Coastal have the responsibility to clean it's name and let the world know that we are a REAL, LEGITIMATE business, and that Coastal DOES work.

Let's clean Coastal's name together!

How?

Here's what we can do to get back our reputation. If we ALL do it TOGETHER, I mean TODAY, TOMORROW, the NEXT DAY, we WILL get Coastal's name out there as the BEST travel opportunity!

In exchange you will get YOUR name out there as a director, many links to your site, AND build up expert status, thus you will get many more sales!

- Write press releases and articles about Coastal and just EXPLODE the benefits on them! Put a link to your website on the author's bio.
    Topics you can write about:
    - How moms, dads, professionals, homemakers like you can start their own home business from scratch with Coastal Vacations
    - Coastal Packages Benefits
    - What is Coastal Vacations and why it's so great
    - Coastal seminars and events
    - Benefits, benefits, benefits!

- Start a pay per click campaign with Google, Yahoo and MSN, even if you spend very little per day, your ad will get out there and if we all do it together we will have more ads promoting Coastal than ads bashing Coastal.

- Write on other home business forums about Coastal Vacations and the amazing benefits of the package and biz op. Make sure to put a link to your site on the signature.

You are welcome to add any other ideas that you have so we can get Coastal's name out there as a good business to represent in the LEAST amount to time possible. We need to do this TODAY.

What will you do for Coastal today? Who's going to join us on the challenge? Remember, what you give will come back to you. It's the universal law of sowing and reaping, and may God allow you to sow 100 fold of what you give to help Coastal be known as the BEST business out there!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029
  2. coastaltravel

coastaltravel New Member

You are so right!

For 14 years Coastal Vacations has been the big dog on the block and has not needed any defense. There simply was no competition.

Over the years risky start ups have come and gone and the big dog is still here with 14 years of experience and a product that originated over 25 years ago.

Now, someone like Global Resorts Network (GRN) has defined themselves by defining Coastal Vacations and selling a small part of what has been included in the Coastal package for years.

The slick spin masters at GRN have tried to put a spin on their product in an attempt to make less product and less choice actually look better.

They have defined themselves as the "5-star resort club" with the implication that Coastal does not offer 5 star resorts. They know that is not true. I was able to enjoy a complimentary stay at a great 5 star resort for an entire week in Puerto Vallarta last year with the Coastal program.

They have implied that Coastal lacks customer service. However, members who hook up with an experienced director know that is not true. The fact of the matter is that Coastal Vacations provides excelent customer service through vendors with years of travel experience.

Coastal Vacations cannot allow their product and business to be defined by would-be competitors. It is obvious that our would-be competitors cannot sell what they offer on their own merrits---mainly because they cannot compete with all that is offered through the 14-year-old Coastal Vacations home based business model.

Coastal members can become independent travel agents.

Coastal members easily retail packages to businesses that love having the ability to offer an unlimited number of complimentary vacations and cruises to their clients as incentives.

Coastal members can book 5 star condo stays on the internet. They DON'T have to send in vouchers.

Coastal members can book major brand hotels at up tp 50% off with a single phone call and check in as early as---well, TONIGHT!

Coastal members can enjoy those deep discounts in a variety of locations---not just major resorts. That's great for business people who need to book in cities like Billings Montana, or Monterey, Mexico that may not have major 5 star resorts.

Coastal members have the option of using the services of the Coastal Sales Center. The services of the full time staff offers business people the kind of leverage they can't get anywhere else.

THE REAL PROBLEM WITH COASTAL VACATIONS is that the packages offer so much variety, some members are confused about what they want to use most. This is much like a restaurant that specializes in seafood, but also offers some beef and chicken dishes.

Is the proper solution to eliminate choice as the would-be competitors have done? Is the solution to just offer a menu of liver & onions and nothing else? I SAY NO!
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: victoriousWhat will you do for Coastal today? Who's going to join us on the challenge? Remember, what you give will come back to you. It's the universal law of sowing and reaping, and may God allow you to sow 100 fold of what you give to help Coastal be known as the BEST business out there!

I am in on the challenge! I had the same thing happen to me by someone in GRN and was surprised they were stooping to such levels to try to build their business but then I realized that it's because of our own integrity within Coastal that I was so aware of the un-integrity of their methods!

I was actually thinking about doing that very thing and was amazed to find this thread -

Thanks for fanning the flame, Matt and Catherine!

[​IMG]

Viola
  4. jsf

jsf New Member

"Coastal members can book 5 star condo stays on the internet. They DON'T have to send in vouchers.

Coastal members can book major brand hotels at up tp 50% off with a single phone call and check in as early as---well, TONIGHT"

Dean, how can you that:
    1.-book without vouchers
    2.-Book by phone as early as TONIGHT.
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: jsfCoastal members can book 5 star condo stays on the internet. They DON'T have to send in vouchers

You are right, jsf. We can book online with our discount cards and I love the condo access because we have access to last minute condo stays for as little as $300 for the week! And, yep, you can book as early as tonight.

I'd love to take off to the Bahamas tonight where it's nice and warm![​IMG]

And to take advantage of most of the complimentary stays, or cruises they will need to be booked in advance with the vouchers.
    Then all you pay are the taxes and processing fees.

I am a last minute traveler myself so have mostly used the cards for my own personal use, but I have given the vouchers to others or donated them to raffles and benefit auctions.

Especially the one cruise'n stay that comes with the L1 membership - that is an easy one to book and popular to give to someone.

Cheers to all!

Viola
  6. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: mountainmom5Especially the one cruise'n stay that comes with the L1 membership - that is an easy one to book and popular to give to someone.

Cheers to all!

Viola

Viola,

Which cruise and stay is that? I have given away some vacations at raffles.

Rhonda
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

The one with the yellow stripe down the one side - I actually don't have one on hand right now, but it's Destination something.

I have used both the Funtime and I think the other one is destination bahamas or vacation destination (maybe someone else will pop on with the right name!) - both are cruise 'n stays, but different vendors.

What have your experiences been with raffles, etc? Would love to hear[​IMG]

Viola
  8. rhondap

rhondap New Member

We only get 1 of those in our package right and it is already activated? Mine is anyway. Can we get more? I love the Bahamas!

I did notice my package was missing quite a few items and/or had items not listed on the package detail that is on the training site and that Stephanie mentions on her product training calls....I have made my list of what is missing and/or needs to be replaced but have not sent it to the shipping center yet.
  9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I think it is but I just send a note to the shipping center along with the activation fees - I think those are the $6.95 ones - and so far I have always got what I wanted.

Be very specific with what you want because they get hundreds of things come throught there every day and if they don't know exactly what you want, they will just assume you want whatever they have on hand at the moment!

As far as the updated things, I believe Steph said to just send in a SASE and tell them you want all the updated vouchers since the last seminar or however far you need to go back...

But you might want to ask on the Wed call. You can send in your question off the official coastal tools site. I like to do that when I have a specific package question - Steph rocks with the product knowledge she has!

I know Tim from LA and possibly Josh and Geneva are going to the Bahamas in March after the seminar with the cruise'n stay voucher. Tim upgraded to a 5 star resort on the beach and got it for $99 a night - normal price is almost $300. Sounds like fun, eh?

G'night!

[​IMG]

Viola
  10. victorious

victorious New Member

I want to let everybody know that we respect GRN, P1D, and ALL the other travel businesses out there. I think they all have great things to offer as well as Coastal, of course.

What I don't like is the badmouthing and cutting down some people in these organizations use to get business.

Check ANY report out there bashing Coastal and you WILL find out that in the end they are trying to cause you to quit Coastal and recruit you into their business.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I have to totally agree with Matt and Catherine on this. There are other organizations out there that have good programs but unfortunately many of the members dont have the integrity many of us have. Id never get a domain named "why I didnt join GRN . com". That is not my style. What is does show is that as far as exposure Coastal has a huge name and many try to jump on that exposure. As a Coastal member or a new prospect that assurance that if Coastal wasnt so great people wouldnt be trying to knock it down or ride its coattails.

I look at the other travel business and actually encourage people to have a few options. You shouldnt match one against another but rather if you have the skills run different opts to give the customer a choice. Think of the Walmart business model. Do they only sell one kind of any brand? No they have a choice so the customer will spend their mony there and not go somewhere else.

I will never bash another opportunity at all as I believe in competition. Thats why I love this forum. You see as other members and great leaders post here it ups my game. I always have to be on the top of my game to compete and to be honest it makes if better for the prospects. They get the best of the best as far as information goes.

If you are looking at Coastal then you have found a gold mine. Get started right now. This is the opportunity to be in. If you dont have the money to get started dont shy away. Find a way by talking to the director who showed you this opportunity. Many have innovative ways to get you started. I even have a free program so as you see money is never an issue. Its all about your desire to succeed.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: victoriousCheck ANY report out there bashing Coastal and you WILL find out that in the end they are trying to cause you to quit Coastal and recruit you into their business.

...which is interesting to me, because why not just use your own business name to recruit??

I have noticed that myself, that they do that. In fact, I saw those ads when I was doing MY research on Coastal. [​IMG]

Have a great weekend all!
    Viola
  13. fatherofthree

fatherofthree New Member

I would like share some wonderful words and the illustration of providing a service that not only saves people money in life time travel, but also provides them an income of 10,000 dollars per month or more. This duplication is carried on in the training you provide to others, showing them to follow your example so they get ahead in life too! This shows honesty and caring for others on your part. Just as you would like to be treated so I would like to be treated. The advertising I do is honest and not bashing other organizations down, because they need to make a living too. Yes I what to get ahead in life too. My boss did me wonderful favor by laying me off right after New Years, it shocked me for a week, but I had to pick up my mat and walk again. Now I have to provide for my family with what Coastal is offering me. By doing what I am doing, I am helping others by sharing Coastal with them. That is just good business practice for ever body.

We adopted three wonderful children from Haiti and I am making Coastal work for me so I can provide the best life for my Wife number one and for our three children. Our children will eventually be going to College or University so I can provide them the funds for there studies, but right now they are growing and they need food and clothes too!

My goal is to provide a service to people I have contacted and help them reach there goals in life and coaching them to success. Coastal will allow them to arrive to the top as well. There is hard work involved but it can be done. But the rewards will are there.

During the week I was talking to a blind gentleman in Texas and he told me this illustration by writing cross the top of the page "How do your spell Success?" then turn the page over to the right. On the left side of the page write the letters as:

W - Developing willingness to go the Extra Mile
    O - Organize - Working time
    - Pleasure Time
    R - Review success and failure, we learn from both
    K - Knowledge of self
    Knowledge of your Goals

This spells WORK

God's Blessings,
    Gerald and LeAnn DeBruyn
    Contact Me 403-335-2070
  14. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Fatherofthree,

That is a great definition of success. Thanks for sharing. Also congratulations on your three adopted children. I am sure you will go far in providing for them and helping others.

Becky West
  15. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello all

Bad mouthing any way you cut it is bad and once done you can not erase it from the net.

However I would not take the negative sponsored ads personally, you can do a search for nearly any online business and you will find usually the same outfit placing sponsored ads, don't join xxx before you read this, etc.

It obviously works otherwise they would not be wasting time and money on the ads and many will fall for the negative hype, after all it is easier to believe that something is scammy and does not work rather than giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Many coastal directors place the word "scam" into their advertising and keywords due to this being a highly searched term.

Coastal is not better or worse for that matter from the negative press and articles, it is easy to see through why someone would want to target Coastal reps....they are in a home business and many are successful.

I would question the GRN folks why they are calling on you, if their business was so great, could they not afford to purchase leads and to advertise ethically?

At the end of the day, if you're not doing anything wrong, you have little to worry about and little to explain.

Coastal Vacations as a business has a good reputation. We all know that this is a people business and it does make a difference whom you join in Coastal, as it does in GRN for that matter.

BTW the green lite getupandgo cert (just about my all time favorite cert) is no longer being produced, I do hope coastal chooses to upgrade the lite cert to the green classic.

Hope this helps

Maria Porter
  16. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya

sorry...forgot to add...fatherofthree I love your acronym for WORK

One of my favorites sayings is:

Success is when Opportunity Meets Preparation

Cheers
    maria
  17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Controversy sells. Thats a fact. Its always been there. I bet if Don King could have sold tickets to Cain and Abel it would have been a jam packed arena. Thats unfortunately the way things are. How many times do you see someone knock another business just to promote theirs. More often than we would like.

I for one love that there are choices and to be honest I love competition. Im glad their are other opportunities out there. It makes everything better when you have to compete. I also believe that Coastal has a leg up on many of the other opportunities out there but again thats my opinion as im an advocate of Coastal. What I have seen is many savvy business people have more than one travel option. Its the same technique that megastores use. We all know Walmart. They are successful as they have one stop shopping. You can get everything there so you have no reason to go anywhere else. Many travel professionals understand this and use it to their advantage.

But back to getting the credibility back. I think Coastal never lost it. Its been around 15 years and is only getting better. People are making a living at it all the time. Just because a few people chose to run some negative advertising we cant get caught up in that.

From the start ive thought Coastal is the best home based business around and I stand by that statement 100%. Now with the fact ive created a free option there is never a reason for someone not to get started. Ive even found a place to get free leads so again there is no excuse. Get started today and begin making the commissions most dream of and enjoying the best industry in the world ....TRAVEL.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  18. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Adam

you know I love you
    but you need some lessons in forum etiquette sorry to say

no blatant self promotion please.....it kills the flow of the thread.

back on subject.....one of Coastal Vacations best virtues is that you get paid FIRST and there is no hanging around waiting for checks...

as with some other companies

hope this helps
    cheers
    maria
  19. victorious

victorious New Member

Adam and all,

The main source of prospects for a lot of Coastal members is pay-per-click advertising. When you have 10 ads on the first page bad mouthing Coastal and just one legitimate Coastal ad, it gets people thinking.

As the pay-per-click cost rises up due to the competition these same people create for themselves, hopefully they will run out of money and start advertising in less costly and more legitimate keywords for their businesses.

Coastal business is absolutely booming for us, we reached 5 figures as we've done almost every single month since we joined.

We love Coastal and the freedom it's given us, this is why we hate the way some people choose to advertise by bad mouthing the business that has give us the freedom.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    (770)995-0029
  20. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Amen,

Ive thought just the same. That the PPC would get to expensive and they would begin to slow down their advertising efforts. I alos would never get involved with someone that starts out downing another. As a Christian I try my best to shy away from those tactics and people that do that as well. I will challenge peoples statements from time to time but I do my best to make it about the facts and not make it personal.

As more and more of us with integrity stand up our voices will be the ones that are heard. The truth always comes out in my opinion. Whats true is Coastal is the top dog and if it wasnt the other groups wouldnt be taking as many shots as it as they are. We have one of the best if not the best product, the same goes for commission sturcture and as far as systems go we have the best of both worlds. We have standardized systems with the option to do your own thing as well. You can use the skills you have to market this to the fullest.

Coastal is and will always be number one with me. I wish all of you leaders the best of luck and prosperity in this venture. As always my door is open ( send me a PM) to anyone looking to pick my brain.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]