Coastal Product Knowledge/No Bickering

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by wapahm, Sep 21, 2007.

1. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Hello to all,
    I wanted to start this thread for Coastal members and for the people looking to gather knowledge on starting a Home Business w/Coastal.
    I feel it is important in any business to understand your product.

Thanks in advance for all who are willing to share their product knowledge.

I am asking for all Coastal directors to please use this thread to only answer questions about our Coastal product (Not Marketing) and how it can be used for a lifetime of Travel Savings.

I'll ask the first question...................................

What makes the Level 2 package worth more than the Level 1?
  2. asebf

asebf New Member

OK good question - and I'll ask the 2nd question. I printed the product info from the Coastal site. L 3 - is confusing a bit. Either it is not in full disclosure - or it is just way to good to be true.

Anyone care to detail out L3?

Thanks
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

The biggest assets to level II and the best way to promote it to prospects are the unlimited cruises as well as the unlimited vacations that are limited to one time use in level I. Now there are a bunch more additions but those are the major differences. For a new person trying to remember all the differences is hard and it makes more sense to print out Coastal Profile and use that as a guide.

For level III the biggest difference are all inclusive trips.

Again the best way to teach a new member or a prospect is by using the profile. As we are constantly adding more and more value to our package and while it seems to good to be true it isnt.

The reason Coastal works is simple. Hotels, motels, condo's and vacation homes are never at 100% capacity. Giving the rooms , etc away a a discount makes them money where they woudnt have made any with an empty room. Plus the money you saved will most likely be spent on tourism when you get there. In addition its great FREE advertsing. You have a great time and tell all your friends. Everyone wins.

I love our package as we have saved enough in travel expenses to pay for our level III package. Looking forward to more great questions but I make it my business to learn as I go using the resources we have. I never want my new teammates to think they have to memorize everything.

Adam
    302 476 2753
  4. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Thank you Adam [​IMG]
    great responce
    Now for the next question.........................

Is there a list of vendors for each
    FREE vacation certificate?

Which vendor honors which cert.?

If so how can I obtain one?
  5. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Excellent answer Adam!
  6. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Stephanie a board of director member conducts training calls on each and every package L1,L2,L3, monday thru thursday.

She answers questions as well. Since she is in the product development portion of the package she is the most knowledgable about details of each level.

We gain general knowledge when we join Coastal from the Director we join with. Than we educate ourselves by listening to the product calls , usig the package ourselves, reading all the materials explaining details.

Here is a detailed overview, for example, that is on the official Coastal training site:
    http://officialcoastaltraining.com/Product%20Overview%209-14-07.pdf

Product Training

Detailed Product Overview

Understanding Coastal's Structure

Activating Your Package

Listen to the Product Training Call live every Thursday at 9pm EST by calling 620-294-3000 pin 1103#. Or you can listen to a pre-recorded version on the Audio Training page by clicking here.

Activating Your Bonus Vacations

Using Your Package

Client Testimonials

Can be found here:
    http://officialcoastaltraining.com/training.aspx

Unless you are a Platinum member and have used all 3 packages which would take a lifetime to use [​IMG] it would be difficult (as I said in another thread) to know absolute details of each and every condo that is offered with the condo card for example, members that have used the package and the certificates give testimonials about a particular property.

BTW, I know you meant well but saying 'no bickering" in the title was rather uncalled for, we are all adults here and yes at times tempers flare and so it goes, this has happened in another thread concerning another travel business so it IS NOT JUST Coastal people!!!!

I hope this helped!

Terri
  7. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Thank you Terri for your knowledge [​IMG]

I am wondering if anyone in this forum can answer my question below?
    I am not asking about our cards or specific condos.

Quoting: wapahmIs there a list of vendors for each
    FREE vacation certificate?

Which vendor honors which cert.?

If so how can I obtain one?
  8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Here's an example of what makes Coastal so valuable. I bought one of those sleep number beds you see on TV about a week ago. I bought the 5000 edition and the adjustable foundation as well...makes it great for reading in bed.

Anyway, One of the guys was telling me how the company does not treat their employees well. It was 5:30 and he and his partner still had 2 deliveries left.

I gave him my card and he told me he was going to Orlando on the 29th of this month. I said...let me show you something. I'd just been doing some searching and had found a Kissimee, FL 3 Bed. Room condo for $294 for a week. When I showed him...he told me he was staying at a Disney hotel for $1600 for the week...and the biggest advantage he had was that Sponge Bob was the theme of the hotel.

I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to pay $1300 for Sponge Bob....but when you look at this....One Trip pays for the L1 Coastal Membership.

Jay NaPier
  9. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Bob,

The short and sweet, Level 1: Vacations are in the US and cruises are 1 time use and your commission is $1,000

Level 2 offers unlimited cruises, unlimited vacations, it is an international package and the commission is $3,000

Hope this helps

Bill
  10. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

wapahm,

There are approximately 60 vendors that honor Coastal certificates. That list does change. What happens is when someone sends in a cert, the shipping center will rotate vendors. If you have worked with a particular vendor before and would like to again, the shipping center will honor your request. I kinda like that because if you develop a good relationship with a travel agent, it is nice to work with them again.

If you do not care for a particular vendor or have a problem, you are not forced to book the trip and you can request a new cert, with no extra activation fee. If there are complaints about a particular vendor, then they will be dropped from the list.
  11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

If level 1 is $1,000.00 to buy in, how much is level 2? How much is level 3?
  12. asebf

asebf New Member

Group - below is what I copied from the coastal site on one L3 offer - I have basic questions below:

Complimentary all-inclusive resort vacations - 6 destinations to choose from (Bahamas, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic) 3 days / 2 nights lodging , all meals, drinks, taxes, gratuities, and activities on the beach and at the resort included. Retail value - $600.

The above copied from http://officialcoastaltraining.com/Product%20Overview%209-14-07.pdf -

Once people buy a L3 - what would the above package actually cost them?

and "Lifetime Level 3 Universal Membership Card - purchase more of ANY of the vacations below in unlimited quantities to give away!"

I don't get this statement at the beginning of L3. It seems you have unlimited access to these vacation packages for free? Surely not? - what am I missing?

Thanks
  13. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Hi Bob,

I am not a L3 Diretcor but what I understand what we have access to is "complimentary and/or discount vacations" With the complimentary vacations we or the person you give it to will pay any applicable fees and taxes.

Just like when Oprah gave her audience new cars the audience members were responsible for paying any fees and/or taxes associated with that "gift" Oprah could not pay those items.

A L3 rep will correct me if I am wrong.
  14. asebf

asebf New Member

Rhonda - thanks -

So if someone asks - what to tell them on the bottom line out of pocket?

I did look hard trying to find this answer priot to posting -
  15. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

If level 1 is $1,000.00 to buy in, how much is level 2? How much is level 3?

NS
  16. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: asebfRhonda - thanks -

So if someone asks - what to tell them on the bottom line out of pocket?

I did look hard trying to find this answer priot to posting -

Bob

It is hard to say what their bottom line out of pocket will be ...the fees and taxes will vary, regardless they are still saving a GREAT deal of money.

Would you take a car you "won" and only have to pay fees and taxes or would you say "well that wasn't really "free" because I have to pay some fees and taxes so I don't want the car" ?

If you run into someone who has a problem with that concept then that person is not a potential customer nor prospect.

I am pretty sure those who travel ALOT can understand the concept of a deal and our packages are truly a deal even with having to pay processing fees and taxes.

HTH
  17. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Newbie Shield...here are the costs to join Coastal:

Level 1: $1295
    Level 2: $3995
    Level 3: $11,000

WITH THE "We Close Your Sales" CALL CENTER:
    Level 1: $1995
    Level 2: $4995
    Level 3: $11,000

Hope this helps! PM me if you would like more info.
  18. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: rhondapI am pretty sure those who travel ALOT can understand the concept of a deal and our packages are truly a deal even with having to pay processing fees and taxes.
    Rhonda - I have no doubt it is a great deal - But if I am going to ask someone for $11,000 - and they ask what would a normal trip would cost them out of pocket - I'd like to be able to answer [​IMG] at least in general terms.
  19. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: asebfRhonda - I have no doubt it is a great deal - But if I am going to ask someone for $11,000 - and they ask what would a normal trip would cost them out of pocket - I'd like to be able to answer at least in general terms.

Bob

Bob that's just it we have no way of knowing what a "normal" trip will cost them unless of course you took the same trip yourself but then again the cost may vary...alot of things could change the scenario, they could choose to upgrade, stay an extra day, add children etc etc......as I learned from Dani Johnson when asked questions such as those "I don't know about that all I know is blah, blah, blah....."

Answering in general terms is just this - you would be responsible for any processing fees and taxes.

Answering in specifics would be "The 4 day 3 night trip to blah blah will cost you blah blah out of pocket and the 7 day cruise to the Bahamas will cost you blah, blah etc etc."
  20. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I have been reading the post and see that everyone is trying to get all the prices on individual trips so they can see how to market to potential clients. I have a suggestion. Think of the Coastal package as a MEMBERSHIP. Sort of like joining Sam's Club, or BJ's or Costco. You pay a membership fee, then get everything for a discount. Coastal is the same way. You buy and now have access to all the deals just like you would at the above listed stores.

Most people are paying retail for trips and lining the pockets of travel agents for their service. I like being a travel agent myself to make those profits but I also understand that people these days are always looking for the buying power of a membership. This membership cuts the middle out and you now have access to the better deals. This is how I explain it to a client. If you explain that from now on you will be traveling at a discount that helps. Yes up front they have a bigger cost as they are buying the membership but thats the case at Costco, BJ's and Sam's Club when they buy those memberships as well.

I hope that helps a bit.

Adam Frederick
    Level III Director
    Former CSG Leader and Trainer
    302 476 2753