Coastal

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by JohnD, Jan 14, 2008.

1. jsf

jsf New Member

...[Quoting: goldmillswe need to stick together so everyone benefits, not everyone for themselves.

HEAR, HEAR ! ! [​IMG]! ! ...hey, need I say more?, can anybody go against that?...
  2. Judy

Judy New Member

Hey Jeff,
    What did David say when you called? I have a hard enough time calling prospects let alone being confrontational. Maybe someone or lots of someones could write articles on the downside to working with these type of directors and post it all over the net.
  3. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

If you go to his site you can tell he has recently redone it to answer all of the "heat" he is apparently getting from other directors telling prospects that his program is bogus and he releases are no good. He says the way he can get around all of the pass up sales is because the verbage used in the Coastal info is "agreement". So we have to "agree" to pass up sales to our director. If we don't "Agree" then we don't have to do it. It's so obvious that he definitely doesn't plan on supporting his new members simply because he has NO reason to do so. He says on his site that the reason money hungry directors want 2 pass ups is so they can steal from your hard work. That right there tells you he doesn't support his members because the director is supposed to be doing the work as the new member learns. That's why they are called training sales. What's really sad is there are people who are falling for this. I hope they come here and read this.
  4. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey JSF,

When I deal with corporate businesses I make it my business to talk their language. Here is what I mean. I paint this picture for them early in the discussion. I ask them if they could hire a staright commission sales force to market their product would that be useful to their business. It always starts a great conversation. Now why do I do this you ask. Its so they can understand my position. Its makes them understand why im coming to them. They can relate me to that commission based sales force. Then I paint the picture of how hotels work. I explain that they are never at 100% capacity. That they spend ton's of money advertising. I usually even tell a Motel 6 joke or bring up one of their commercials. You see im showing the client why Coastal is set up the way it is and why it was a brilliant idea. I also explain to them why it makes more sense to not have a corporation doing this. I ask them to think about how much they spend on their lease or rent. How much overhead they have in terms of personal just to run the office they have. I also tell them that if we had that overhead they would never get a lifetime package for the prices they do.

The next thing I always offer is to help them run a free promotion. Why would I do this. Well its win win for me. Everyone that participates in the promotion becomes a lead for me. So without any effort I get their database of customers. Even if they dont buy from me I get dozens to hundreds of names to call myself. Even better still I create a buzz. They see in real world time how this can work. If they dont buy it then I dont lose anything. Id also make a video presentation of you presentation to them. This is a key point. You want them to know you are busy and they arent the only game in town. It also lets you talk about how you respect their time as you know they are busy just as you are. Its all about posture.

My results when I do this have been good. I also tell them the platinum package is probably too expensive for their budget so id suggest going with the premier package. Say something like only our really high end clients go for the top package. Something about telling someone they cant have something makes them want it more.

Try some of these ideas out and let me know how they work for you.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  5. jsf

jsf New Member

Thanks Adam!,

As they say, every little bit helps!...

You know, since I posted asking for names of known companies and watching the absence of these names, I got the feeling that the big companies aren't really being approached.

One reason I suspect is that if they have been approached by Coastal, the reps have encountered the same problem I'm against now, which is the structure of coastal, which is brilliant yes but for Coastal's convenience...and for own too .

So, since I either change my mind about pursuing this market and going for the lower 2 levels instead of stubbornly trying for the big bucks of Platinums... or find a solution.

Where there's a will, there's a way!?...I have come up with another alternative, besides giving out certificates which I will follow 'cause it has the potential of making believers out of these hot shots.

Well, what if we play their game and we do it their way? They have a system that they and many of us follow, that system is CREDIT! [​IMG] ... We sell them on credit! then the doubts will be gone.

I can not offer credit yet, but as soon as I can, I will...starting with one, and then two, etc. which will become strong references as well.

Then when the close comes and they ask how do we pay for this?...you simply answer: Well Mr. moneyguy"you can pay me now, will that be ok? if he backs off then you: or just give me a PO and I'll bill you and once you get your package you can pay...

Also, remember Mr. Moneyguy, I'll be coming back to you to train the person in charge of this promotion, etc.,

I sure will invest my cost of a Platinum rather than lose a sale.After all, I'll have all my 11 grand in just 1.5 months aprox. right?

Remember, a PO from one of those guys is gold in your hands.

Any other ideas? shoot! and meantime,

Be well!
  6. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: jsfor just give me a PO and I'll bill you and once you get your package you can pay...

Also, remember Mr. Moneyguy, I'll be coming back to you to train the person in charge of this promotion, etc.,
    ......excellent
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey JSF,

Why not run a promotion for the company for free. It will be a great way to show them it works as well as generate free leads for yourself. Ill give you an example of me doing this. I did a customer appreciation day for Dominoes here in Delaware. I created a campaign that went as follows.

Buy $15 worth of pizza and sides from us today and enter a drawing to win a Carnival Cruise.

The manager sent out flyers by his delivery guys as well as attached the flyers in all the local supermarkets and on all the pizza boxes. The response was amazing. April and I set up a little booth in the store. I was outside and was drawing the customers in hyping up the promotion. April helped with getting people signed up. We got little raffle tickets from the dollar store that the customers put their contact info on. We even ran a contest with the counter people to see who sent over the most complete forms ( they got a $1000 gift certificate).

We got over 1000 leads that day. The store also made 4x as much in revenue as they normally did so the owner saw how the promotion worked.

In this scenario you dont have to buy them a package and wait for them to pay you. You also show them in real world time how it works. Not to mention you can get a bunch of leads for free.

I hope that this works. Im all for getting the P.O but as I train my team not everyone will be able to buy a package and wait a month to get paid. In this scenario our only cost was our time, the Carnival cruise voucher and the raffle tickets. It was the best $25 we ever spent.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  8. asebf

asebf New Member

Adam,

More posts like this reality of what to do is what is needed on here - very good.

Once a member, Pizza Guy can do this every week. Then start putting the pictures of the winners on his walls - in the entry way!!! Pictures from the folks while on their trip would be good as well!!!

Suggestion? Copy and put this under the B2B thread. More people need to see this.