Coffee Crunch Cake

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by rabbiya, Jul 9, 2010.

1. rabbiya

rabbiya New Member

Beat 4 eggs, stiff add gradually adding in caster 4 ounce sugar, add ?? tsp vanilla essence with 1 tsp coffee dissolved in 1 tsp of water, sieve together 4 ounce flour and 1 tsp baking powder and fold very gently to the egg mixture, grease two 8 inches sandwich pans, dust with flour, pour batter in it and bake in a pre heated oven on (NO: 4) 180 degree C for 25 minutes, remove cool cakes.

Method for crunch

In a pan put 5 ounces sugar and cook on low flame till sugar melts, then add to it 2 tbsp almonds, pour mixture in a greased pan and leave to set till firm, crush with rolling pin and use as required.

Method for icing

Beat 12 ounces cream, when it starts getting thick, add 2 ounces icing sugar and 1 tsp coffee liquid. Beat till thick, now spread your cake with icing. Top with prepared crunch, cover with second half cake, ice the sides and top with cream, cover the whole cake with crunch, lavishly decorate with swirls of cream.

2. pinklover

pinklover New Member

as a cofeelover, i have to try it . thanks [​IMG]

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I love coffee but not the regular one. I like French Vanilla.

Maybe I will also try to make this cake and see how it comes out myself since I love cakes.

Thanks for sharing,

Tal