Company Links Vs Referral Systems

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by villasana, Sep 25, 2012.

1. villasana New Member

Hi,

As you know many of us have an Online Business running on the Internet but here's the thing does it work by promoting the companies referral link, well base on my 5+ year experience, the answer is NO, you might get some members in your downline, no doubt, but what about retention, how many of your affiliates stay on the business.

On the other side there are systems that can help you promote the business by offering help instead of promoting the business itself, a system can give you and your members a landing page, an autorresponder, followup letters for the autorresponder, training and tools, this is standing out from the crowd.

Regards
    Luis
  2. YAGOOFT Member

Agreed,

My focus has been on business building tools and strategies as well, this way you are not competing with whatever business a prospect is already working, you are helping them build their businesses, always in great demand. Years ago promoting affiliate links worked well for many, but with millions competing for same space on the internet, it has become a very crowded industry with everyone selling the same old same old. Most have learned the to register as an affiliate and simply purchase from their own affiliate link when the do find a product of interest, never mind the 60% who request refunds which no one talks about. It is far more easy to assist others in building their businesses while providing another income stream at the same time.
  3. SW5LinxRep New Member

Being 2 weeks old in the MLM business I'm finding this to be very true...still trying to find my niche though
  4. happywife Gold Member

Interesting topic, Luis. I have to agree with you that promoting the company's referral link is not a recipe for success in most cases. I've been in an MLM company that provides health supplements for about 4 years now, and I've found the same to be true.

Admittedly, I haven't really found the secret to building the business side of the business, but that may be simply because I haven't really tried. I came at it from a different angle. I decided to build a niche website on a particular aspect of health and then promote the supplements on the site as a reliable solution to achieving better health in that area.

As a result, I sell product (usually giving my visitors my wholesale discount), sign up a few new members regularly, but not really building a strong and motivated downline. In other words - customers rather than business builders.

That's fine for me for now, as my main goal is to help my visitors with their health, but I'd eventually like to get others doing what I'm doing (but even better!). :)

I have a feeling if I want to reach that goal I'm going to have to create my own system that is unique to me and my business, but if you know of a universal system that is easily adaptable, I'm all ears. :)

Blessings,
    Angie
  5. rhenterprises New Member

Interesting, i would have thought that since people don't want to spend alot of time reading or browsing too much and would just get right down to it, it would be easier to have just a website in go right into it. I just got a page and will need to keep an eye on how things are going. I got it because it was offered to me with no cost. I figure it was kind of like a holiday gift by someone who was in a giving mood. Other than that the main site does'nt have a way of "collecting" views or "hits". I don't feel my target market is too narrow so i don't think i should be too concerned with that, at least for now.
  6. getagrip Gold Member

I know that the idea of having a company website that is pre-built sounds appealing, but its not as appealing as you'd think. If you do get a company website, which is a carbon copy of a website everyone else is using, that is going to kill your SEO right there. Pre-written sales letters and emails are a lot more appealing, but the big thing is getting traffic to your website, which you would need to build yourself and customize so that you stand out from everyone else.

Sure, affiliate marketing is more challenging than meets the eye, and true, there is lots of competition. However, there are lots of people who quit because they don't know what they are doing, they don't know how to get traffic, and they know anything about SEO or copywriting, so they fail. Some people think this is a bad thing, but the truth of the matter is, it just makes it easier for those who know what they are doing.

As far as setting yourself apart from everyone else, the key is to be different, think outside of the box, and don't make the same mistakes other people are making. Approach the problem from a different angle than everyone else. Be creative, but realize that if you don't know what you are doing, being unique won't get results.

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about from my own experience. Back in the day, Wealthy Affiliate came out with several pre-built websites that everyone had access to. Easy peasy - just insert your affiliate links and go! I believe they even came with opt in lists. You know what? I'm sure a few people made money with these pre-built websites, which was a lot easier because you could still do Adwords back then. Did I use these pre-built websites? Well yes. Actually, no...

Instead, I set myself apart from everyone else and used the template the pre-built website was built on, added in my own affiliate product variations, then COMPLETELY re-wrote ALL of the content. And this was about 20 pages of content! But it was worth it, because I was doing something different than everyone else, had unique content (until a few people caught on and copied me, which I discovered later through Copyscape.com), and was promoting products that I hand picked. I used that website for several years until I re-did it again and put another unique spin on it. In the end, it was well worth my time and effort because I made money with it, which would have been much harder to do had I not customized it with unique content and took a different angle than everyone else.

So there you have it. Be unique! Stand out! Be different! Use your brain! Think! You've got to be creative if you expect to make it anywhere in the online world.