Computer headaches - simple, effective cure

Discussion in 'Health' started by Vishal P. Rao, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

One of the most evident side-effects of sitting in front of computers for long hours is headaches. While some get glasses prescribed, others get advice to take regular breaks. While glasses are not the end solution, taking breaks definitely helps. However, if you really understand why taking breaks help, you'll more appreciate your body and start taking more care of it.

Our body is an amazing creation. Those who are more aware of it know that you can direct energy to any part of the body by directing your attention/awareness to that part. Here's an example: Just close your eyes and feel your right palm (it's the easiest part to feel for a right handed. You can feel your left palm if you are left handed). At the same time, be aware of your breathing. Both feel your palm and be aware of your breathing. It may be difficult initially but you can easily master it. Just takes little practice and awareness. After sometime of practicing the exercise, you will notice more liveliness, more energy in the palm. You can almost feel the difference.

Why this exercise?

When you are working on computers, your entire focus is in the head and eyes. As a result, most of the energy and light energy get's accumulated there. When your head can no longer accommodate excess energy, it starts giving you headache. When you take a break, the energy is immediately diverted to the rest of your body and the head gets a respite. This is also true for headaches arising out of excessive thinking.

It's not just computers. Our entire lifestyle at present revolves more around thinking and not physical work. As a result, the body is suffering. If you contemplate more on this subject, you'll realize how much you have been abusing your body.

So get up now and do the above exercise for your entire body, not just your palm. And feel the how the body will thank you for it (Yes, you'll literally be happy!).

Just2EZ likes this.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks for that reminder - my palm is thanking me right now. Now all I need is to remember that my hips need more than a love pat. They need brutal exercise to remind them to keep in shape.[​IMG]

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

My hips resemble that statement! I just said to my 'dear hubby' fifteen minutes ago that I need to start exercising! [​IMG]

Saying it's the easy part...

4. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

Yes I know what you mean - I try to run up and down stairs at least 20 times a day !

5. samda

samda Member

Wow, good thoughts. Will try it in my office.

Thanks Admin.

Regards
    Sam

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Vishal,

It works.

~Newbie Shield~

7. jimmyk007

jimmyk007 New Member

The Palm and eye exercise is something new to me, and I have you to thank for that. I think I'll try that one more often now than just normally closing the eyes to rest it.

By the way, never wash your eyes instantly after a heavy work. It would give you more headache.

8. getreffs

getreffs Guest

And what about Laptop.
    The same apply for Laptop or not

9. weblearner

weblearner New Member

I know what you say. It is amazing. Any one can not believe until they do this. It'll take some time and patient for beginner.
    But anti coding glass and break after 30minuits are very affective.

10. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

Thanks. My fingers feel much less stiff.

11. annpena

annpena New Member

Thanks for the tips.

For the eyes,I would suggest the 20-20-20- rule. 20-20-20 rule suggests that after every 20 minutes, the computer user should take a break for at least 20 seconds and look at objects that are 20 feet away.

Just2EZ and payment proof like this.
  12. payment proof

payment proof Active Member