Converting Traffic to Sales

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by DMalloyMoney, May 16, 2013.

1. DMalloyMoney Member

I'm new at online marketing as we all know.How do I possibly convert traffic to sales.I'm doind a program its amazing! I get traffic but not sales.Am I targeting the wrong audience.What do I do??? My link directs them to a landing page for my company I work for...I need help
  2. whitney black Member

You traffic probably isn't targeted, meaning yes it's the wrong audience. Think about where your target market gathers online and get your site in front of them. Look for relevant forums and build relevant social media followers. Good luck! :)
  3. DMalloyMoney Member

So what's some good forums or sites for the right audience.Check out my link and tell me which sites are best for it
  4. payment proof Member

You'll need to do some research on that yourself DMalloyMoney. Try to find other sites, forums, social networks, etc. where people might share an interest in your product or service. Many places allow you to have a signature and some will have specific sections for promoting.
  5. DMalloyMoney Member

Well coule you give mr some examples of good places to go
  6. Dot Com Income New Member

i believe in free advertising which you are probably using but you should also consider paid advertising like buying solo ads.a good place to find solo ad sellers are www.soloaddirectory.com
    you also have to build a list.every big online marketer has one thing in common - a big email list.you have to start building a list or you may be frustrated for long.when you have an email list of people who are readily interested in making money online it becomes quite easy to make money online.the page you are advertising is probably a company page and does not build a list for you so i recommend you set up your own personal squeeze page that redirects to your affiliate page.this will help you to follow them up with mails telling them to join and showing them why they should join.

hope this helps
  7. NetMecca Member

One of my earliest discoveries was that trying to sell something to someone, (get any conversions at all) more often than not, a customer needs to see your link, product or service at least 7 times. Very hard to achieve with the pace of things these days. My suggestions include the following :
    * Build tunnels for customers that will drag your customers in, and show them what you offer as many times as possible without spamming them.
    * Work on your site stickyness. The longer you keep them on your site the better your chances of selling to them.
    * Internet sales is a numbers game unfortunately for most of us, so keep on building your traffic.
    * Pay for advertising to be used with significant care as most traffic sold is garbage, and if your site cannot convert customers now, paying for advertising will not do the trick. It is also very expensive and often does not even remotely convert to the level you need it to to make it worth it.

Good Luck!!
  8. robinincarolina Silver Member

When you say you are doing a program, what do you mean by doing? What does it do for you? What I mean is by doing the program does that mean selling the program alone or does the program itself if you use it also make you money?

If I were doing a program and it was making me money, I would write articles and create a blog about it and post the link accordingly. I would create videos and put them up on youtube about it. The things you build today, pay you tomorrow in my experience.
  9. JTGMarketing Member

You want to find people related to your niche and target those people. It's not just a matter of getting traffic; it's about getting targeted traffic. That's the only way you're going to get sales.
  10. FreeCashMan Active Member

Get your own autoresponder and establish your own contact and follow up list. The fortune is in the follow up. I've had people that were on my list for 3 years join me in an opportunity or purchase something.

Then as you list grows you send follow up information about your product or service and how it can benefit them.