Cook books for kids

Discussion in 'Raising Kids' started by gregriv69, Dec 9, 2006.

1. gregriv69

gregriv69 New Member

Cooking is an excellent way for children to learn responsibility and valuable skills. Spending time together in the kitchen also creates quality family time and wonderful memories. Although there is a multitude of cookbooks aimed at what to cook for children, there are only a handful of cookbooks where the child is meant to be the main participant.
  2. Anna

Anna New Member

Not only does it teach them skills, just think of the amazing meals they will be cooking for you once they are a bit older! Sounds like a win/win situation to me![​IMG]
  3. homeofficewiz

homeofficewiz New Member

Hi gregriv69!!!

I did not see it in this way thank you for your advice and I will sure pass this on to my wife to be, so that she can do that with our kids one day
  4. SingleMom

SingleMom New Member

Hi everyone. I cook. I bake. I have a 3-year-old that just wants to participate in EVERYTHING hehehe. I figure... if I dont teach him how to do things correctly and especially what NOT TO TOUCH... he might end up hurting himself because he will do stuff when I am not looking.

So for his first participation..... I let him assist me in cracking the eggs and adding them to whatever batter I may be making. Then I let him sift the flour (but I stopped already since learning he had mild asthma) and for his first major accomplishment... I had him be the primary cook in making his favorite french toast. It was messy... it was slow... but boy did we have fun! Of course, the actual frying was done by me.... but just the same... I take pride in the fact that my son really did it all by himself.