Core skills for most online businesses

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Robert O, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Robert O

Robert O New Member

Hi if you are brand new or are a seasoned marketer online you would have to agree with me that not not having a plan for you online business is same as planning to fail on your online business. For an online business you would need to learn and master a few core skills, they may include the following:

1)Placing ads in ezines
    2)Publishing to your blog
    3)Creating joint ventures
    4)Writing articles for other websites
    5)Writing special reports^
    6)Creating a follow up system
    7)Teaching & training your downline
    8)Learning core business skills
    9)Creating your own product
    10)Managing pay per click listings
    11)Researching your target market
    12)Identifying important keywords
    13)Writing an eBook
    14)Improving your search engine positioning
    15)Doing things to automate routine tasks

My friend there is no lack of information on HOW to do these things. It’s just that most of us don’t do them.I would advice decide which core skills you would need in your primary business and draw up a plan for your future.

See you at the Top!!!

NB: if you have challenges with any of these core skills shoot me a message and I will do my best to enlighten you....
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I still have #13 on my 'to do' list... I just don't know where the heck to find time to do it! :)
  3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

I agree with you, Robert. Not having a plan for your online business, or for any worthwhile venture, is the same as planning to fail. Of course, it's also imperative that you take action and implement the plan if you expect to enjoy any real success.

Hermas
  4. TeamAGT

TeamAGT New Member

One thing missing.... And I think it is the most important thing.... Proper mindset training.

It is very important that one spends a certain amount of time each day promoting their business. But we all see, from time to time, two marketers, both with good products or opportunities, and both spending basically the same amount of time advertising and promoting.... One fails and the other succeeds. The difference is positive attitude and a good mindset. You are what you think. If you think you are doomed to live in poverty, even though you try to pull yourself out, you will not succeed. If you think you can only make a little extra money on line... all the work in the world will only bring you a little extra money. You have to think you can get rich. You have to see yourself rich long before you get there. Your subconscious mind has to be trained to bring into reality the things you desire.
    More important than promoting your business is... Read every day, Listen to audio every day.
    Read The Science of Getting Rich, by Wallace Wattles and Think And Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill
    Listen to Zig Zigler, Tony Robins, etc.
    This is the true secret to success.....
    Just2EZ likes this.
  5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Hey, I represent that!
    I Love to Fail!

FEAR of Failure is what stops most people from trying.
    Leaning from failure breeds success.
  6. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Ye gods, if I had to do all, or even a substantial subset of, those I'd be looking for a new way to generate income.
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

lol AllanJames! I thought that, but didn't say it. :)
  8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

One also has to realize that some of his or hers marketing "trials" may not work too well for them while it works really well for others.

I am currently trying out "SAFE LISTS", which one guru recommended and so far it gets me CRAPPY results. He says that he gets consistent sales but for me, it is not working.

In my experience, the best traffic source out there is PPC with Google/Yahoo.