Crafty Ideas???

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by joannelouise81, Aug 9, 2010.

1. joannelouise81

joannelouise81 New Member

I have a full time job but i love to get crafty in my spare time, i have just recently purchased a jewellery making kit and was wondering if anyone has got any good ideas of what to make that sells well these days? thanks guys [​IMG] x
  2. kristen627

kristen627 New Member

Long, chunky necklaces and big earrings are in right now. I guess it depends what your target market is though. They have lots of great beading magazines that you can get ideas from. I have a friend who makes beaded gemstone jewerly. She sells them at local consignment shops. Good luck, sounds like a fun hobby!
  3. al99

al99 New Member

What about dummy clips for babies dummies.

I got one for our son and it is much better that the shop bought ones.

It's basically a metal clip tied to a short length or strong ribbon and different beads are threaded onto the ribbon.
  4. The Cynergist

The Cynergist New Member

Dummy clips? What do you use those for?
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Why don't you buy a book that talks about this. I am sure that there is one out there that you can read and get many good ideas.
  6. morphinekisses

morphinekisses New Member

I am very into crafting as well. due to recent health issues ive pretty much become disabled. I am also looking at selling jewelry and bath products as a business. My tip is to look on etsy for inspiration [​IMG]
  7. Ron S

Ron S New Member

Be creative -> Make something unique.
    Christmas is coming soon. It is now the best time to sell your crafts. You could sell it online by setting up your own online store. Alternatively, sell crafts at ebay or crafts marketplaces online.
  8. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I have 3 friends and a daughter who make wire wrapped stone pendants.
    2 have their own websites (I host/help) but my daughter uses Etsy.com
    They also have them in stores, at art shows, and special orders.
    None of them work with each other or do the same designs.
    (but they do peek at each others websites for ideas)
    Much profit in it for them, and me occasionally.
    Even the down economy hasn't hurt sales.
  9. country

country New Member

My sister recently started making bracelets from aluminum can pop-tops. She somehow laces them together with dirrerent things like ribbon....different twines...leather strips etc and uses buttons.beads and other things for closures. She sells them for 7 to 10 bucks. The best part is...she has already sold a couple of thousand of them in the past month!
  10. shopper

shopper New Member

Pandora bracelets are very popular. I met a guy who said his wife makes bracelets that look exactly like Pandora bracelets, and she had great success in selling them because hers were much cheaper the pricey real version.
  11. Goosebump

Goosebump New Member

Can't help much with the artistic taste, but if you like doing it and are good at it definitely set up an ecommerce store (very easy with platforms like shopify or bigcommerce) and sell them online!
  12. Marco Casario

Marco Casario New Member

The city I live in has banned plastic straws and would like to try and see if I can get some business out of it. Don't want to import as I was planning to target local businesses only and do it as a cottage industry. What I want to know is how to produce these straws at a reasonable cost at a volume that can be supported by 4 people at the most. Anyone know a site that would detail how to make straws at home at semi mass produced levels?
  13. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

Ebay will let you search completed transactions so you can see what items sold and for how much. That can be very helpful.
  14. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I think if you go to Etsy or Pinterest you will find more than enough ideas to get you started.
    I am not suggesting you copy anyone but sometimes just looking at what others do gives you an
    idea on something that you can do. At least that is what helps me.
  15. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

I would look at Etsy and see what is selling. No matter what crafty ideas and products you have, it all comes down to what others are willing to purchase. You will still need to learn marketing skills. Also, it takes a long time to make enough crafts to sell in order to make a good profit. Also, there is no residual income with making and selling crafts. Personally, I enjoy making crafts but only as a hobby. But, if you really enjoy making and marketing crafts, I wish you all the best.
  16. whitney black

whitney black Member

Try necklaces, I see so many people selling them on Etsy, and other places online. They sell well.