Craigslist

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by tiagal, Feb 27, 2008.

1. tiagal New Member

Do you have success with Craigslist?

Valerie
  2. cebarber2 New Member

I've had mixed results. When my ads remain posted, I've gotten some great leads. The challenge is keeping the ads live. With creativity and persistence, it can be done.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

If you are posting ads for your business, make sure you post under 'services' and then under 'small biz ads' or your ads will get tagged!

Post a few ads every day , wording them a little different and placing in different cities.

If you place more than 2-4 ads a day they get tagged as well - play it right and it is a resource. I do it as it only takes a few minutes a day - like maybe 5 min. and it's a free form of advertisement.[IMG]
  4. opendomain New Member

Definately if you do it more than 2 times a day you'll get tagged. they can block IP addresses as well. i would deinfately set up more than one email account with yahoo or live.com or something along those lines.
  5. dmitch31 New Member

Anybody have any tips on promoting a blog on craigslist? Is that even possible, or should I just forget it?
  6. pcwork New Member

Try posting in the services section
  7. gamesofskill2 New Member

Craiglist is a form of Free advertising. And they can bring some traffic to your website. But you have to make sure you place your ads in the right catagories or they will be tagged as well. But being able to post Free ads with craigslist is a plus.
  8. 10kamonthearner New Member

Craigslist was great 2-3 years ago, now its a waste because its so saturated by those that are in lead poverty and dont have money to invest in lead generation. I suggest ezines etc that are targeted marketing.
  9. legend71 New Member

Do you have any suggestions on free Ezines to advertise our products on
  10. BillChechel New Member

I have a question.

I posted on CL alot when I first started my new business. Had 20 leads a day at one point and then everything got flagged and mass deleted. My question is do they ban your domain? I can still post with the same link to my domain but I have to have a uniques title that I never used before. It seems as if the title is the main thing they are looking at. Maybe someone can verify this for me . Thanks in advance
  11. happywife Gold Member

mylo,

Just wanted to let you know that you need to put your signature link in brackets instead of () if you want your links to be clickable.