Craigslist

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BizzySusan, Oct 15, 2009.

1. BizzySusan

BizzySusan New Member

Do you use it for marketing? Do you find that it does good?

I've noticed that CL ads do generate many hits, but I wonder if they're actually resulting in sales. What are your thoughts?

2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

There are always going to be more 'lookie-loos' then buyers. Regardless of what advertising medium you use.

The question is are you getting targeted quality traffic. If so then the sales will come, but you may need to make sure you are getting people to opt into an autoresponder so you can follow up and build a list.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I use Craigslist to sell hardgoods but haven't had that much success with it for affiliate marketing but then it is like anything else... You can't really tell unless you do it on a consistent basis.

I agree with cashman that targeted traffic is what is important. If you are getting hits, try changing the wording in your ad to see what works and converts.

4. diane622

diane622 New Member

I've just recently started using Craigslist and Backpage and have found that I do get some traffic, especially to my transcription site, which is great because that site is mainly for building my list.

I look at it as it's free and certainly can't hurt! Every little bit of traffic helps!

Diane

5. newcash101

newcash101 New Member

I think Craigslist works but it's always changing

6. MakeMuchMoney3

MakeMuchMoney3 New Member

I use craiglist every day and it is a great place to get free traffic from [​IMG] I get free traffic every day ! But if you want to write articles Ezinearticles.com is the best place.

7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi BizzySusan,

Some people have success with it and some don't.

Best thing to do - if you feel it's really worth it - is to read up on it and experiment with it.

I had instant success selling our appliances but my efforts to use it for online marketing failed.

It was never one of my main plays or interests if that helps you any but you should still consider playing around with it. I may give it another try at some point in the future.

~Newbie Shield~

ExtraCashOnline likes this.
  8. BizzySusan

BizzySusan New Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I've found CL is good for hits but I don't see it translating to sales right now. I think I'll give it a rest for now. It'll always be there so I can always go back to it.

9. mtlaurel

mtlaurel New Member

I have a website which contains local classified also and whenever I tried to put on Craigslist it was removed.

any suggestions............

10. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Usually, if you are promoting affiliate products on Craiglist, or other websites which offers an intangeable product or service, you will get flagged by other users from Spam.

11. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

12. Xaniver

Xaniver New Member

actually Craiglist is the best area of advertising and very beneficial for the business requirements.