CSG a good team?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by Bobbie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

HI,

I AM new to my home based business. I just joined Coastal at Lvele 1 and my director is in The CSG. I actually like their system but I heard that the CSG is not part of Coastal Vacations anymore. I am confused, my director has been away for so many weeks but other people told me the csg is left coastal. Are they the same thing? I thought the CSG is coastals system? That is where I ordered my package from. HELP would be appreciated!
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hi Bobbie,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to inform you that Coastal and the CSG are not the same thing. CSG was a group of people within Coastal who got together to form the CSG.

The rumors you've been hearing are correct. While I can't give you all the information as it's confidential and as I see it.... A rumor is still a rumor UNTIL you hear it from the CSG. I've not seen anything from them yet, but I understand that it will be Official as of January 1.

The CSG has lost ALOT of their leaders with their actions. Leaving Coastal will confuse MANY within their system is I think it's sad that they will be leaving alot of folks with a bad decision. I believe that they are expecting you and others to follow their lead into another travel program and into a LARGER investment...but as I see it.....I don't see many doing that at $1500, $6000, and $15,000 price range and I understand that the memberships they'll be selling do not offer the same amount of value.

There are some GREAT folks here to help you with your business and the Board of Directors and Leadership Council are here to help you.

Join us Monday at Noon EST 620.294.3000 access code is 1103# or Monday-Thursday 9PM EST for our training calls.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Leadership Council
    Coastal Vacations
  3. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Bobbie,

While I don't know much about CSG in general (and Jay may be right that they are forming a new system) I CAN assure you that if you bought a Coastal package YOU are a member of Coastal for life.

Even if CSG breaks away, you can still receive training from the official Coastal system about the packages and the opportunity so there is no need to worry about that. And aside from the official system there are several other groups that you can join for a monthly fee that will provide group training, etc.

I suggest that you share your concerns with your director and also recommend - if you are asked to reinvest in a new product - that you remind your upline that you joined COASTAL and expect to receive appropriate support to insure your success with it!

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  4. asebf

asebf New Member

CSG, COA, WCYS, CWB, etc. etc.

Is there really all that much difference? My understanding is that the product being delivered is exactly the same for all.

So all this time speaking about different groups seems almost mute to me. I think it all boils down as to which group gets the income stream from the websites they host/provide.

Am I missing something? How you make sales is entirely up to the independent CV director. No "group" has any power or influence over any CV member as I see it.

As a CV member you are in business for yourself - period. If you want to take advantgage of some of these "groups" then go for it. You are the boss. You decide your future. You decide who you write checks to.

Much ado about nothing here on this subject in my opinion.

Any group is as good as the next - it just takes going to work. I am sure I'll get hammered by different groups for this - but the reality is that all are selling the exact same product - but some think they have a better way of distribution.

It all comes down to something simple - You!!!
  5. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Bob,
    you always have a great way to cut through all of the hype. And sometimes you make me laugh so hard I get spit on my monitor. (Eewwww!) You are absolutely correct. There are many groups or teams and each person can decide to join that team or even switch to another team. Each person has to decide to be successful for themselves and if that means going somewhere else to get trained then that's what they need to do.

Maybe Jani, who is a current member of CSG can come in and confirm or dispell any rumors about the CSG leaving Coastal and what that means to current CSG members.
  6. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Bob,

It is true that you are still a member of coastal no matter what group you joined but if your director is in one group and you find out that the group is not going to work out for you it will be hard to do until you are a released director. You have to work closely with the person who brought you in which normally means using their group website, etc. to get your pass up sales and be released. So it is not as easy as it sounds, just join Coastal and it doesn't matter what group you are in, because it really does until you are released. No other group is just going to pick you up without making you pay all over again, if not buying the package, to have them be your director, they all want more money.

Becky
  7. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Becky!
    There are groups that will let you start using their system like DFI and several others because really all you are doing is using their website. The call center is different simply because you are using the call center itself and that is a whole other fee. Some directors with other groups even charge a set fee to allow the orphaned member to just work with them. It depends on who you work with. Again, no matter what stage you are in, whether it is looking for a director for the first time or the second, do your research and make sure they are a fit for you.
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Ive been on the fence as to whether I should chime in about whether the CSG is a good team. But being the guy I am I knew I had to chime in.

I think too much emphasis is put onto what team are you involved with. Each team has its pro's and con's. Having served on the CSG Leadership has allowed me to interact with leaders in all of the organizations. I can say that many of those leaders are my personal friends. Ive seen the same level of leadership ability in all the groups. The bottomline is that we are all in Coastal. WE ALL market the same thing. We all have websites as well as live calls.

Ive met directors in every group that are good and some that in my opinion need to brush up on their skills. It really comes down to you and what you are willing to do.

Do you know how to direct a propsect to the proper info?
    Do you have an explanation of what your business is about?
    Do you have an marketing plan to generate leads?
    Do you treat your business as a business or a hobby?
    Are you willing to evaluate your progress and change accordingly?

The team is great and helps us all learn at a quicker pace ( more heads means more ideas) but this is a business and business is about moving product to the people that want it. If you master that you will be successful.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV Apprentice Program
    Coastal Level III Director
    302 327 6263
  9. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: westfam11and you find out that the group is not going to work out for you
    Becky - If you do not like the way you are being told to market CV - and you see another way to do it that works in your mind - then by all means do that. Believe me, your director will not care how you get your training sales.

As far as websites - if you do not like your "team sites" then use the CV official sites.

It is all the same product - websites and logo's do not make people successful.

Ever heard of "You Inc"? Simply put, YOU are the person in charge. YOU make or break what happens with you. Now take the reins and be the CEO of "You Inc". You own all the stock, you are the board of directors, you are the sales manager.

Have a meeting with all your top people in "You Inc" and decide how you are going to go forward. Nothing else matters. It is 100% totally up to you!

You cannot blame your failure or your success on anyone but you.
  10. asebf

asebf New Member

Becky, corporations consult with people all the time to find answers. Do that!! Use this forum to have it inform your board of directors on your questions!!!

You seem to wanting your "group" to do things for you. NOT!!!

Kiddo - your group, team, or whatever name you want to place on any outside help is not going to help you.

The sooner you understand that only you can make "You Inc" make money is you.

Sorry to be so blunt - but sugar coating is not helping you at all.

If you want to contact me off board - feel free. I am even more direct in person.
  11. mikepressnell

mikepressnell New Member

wow!!!

I've been watching this dialog and it tells me that I don't want anything to do with this outfit.

I want to make a positve difference in the world.
  12. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: mikepressnellwow!!!

I've been watching this dialog and it tells me that I don't want anything to do with this outfit.

I want to make a positve difference in the world.
    Mike - what in the world are you speaking of? hehehe if you want to save seals - or whales - or a rain forest - CV can't help.

If you want to help people send their kids to Harvard - then CV might be able to help you do that.
  13. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hi Guys!

I'm sorry, i have been VERY busy for the past while, releasing directors and getting ready for Christmas!

I have respect and admiration for Coastal, and truly LOVE the synergy group. Coastal IS a lifetime membership, and that is a fact!

Actually, Bobbie or anyone else wanting help with Coastal Vacations.. the CSG is hosting for the FIRST TIME ever in history tonight a special university online training, specifically about building success IN your coastal business, and being able to quit your J.O.B in 2 months or less!

It will be at 9:45pm EST tonight. You will need high speed internet.

This is OPEN to the PUBLIC, simply visit www dot csgtestroom dot com before the show starts to get your computer configured.. it is quite simple, just turn off your pop up blockers and fire wall for the software to work.

Then at 9:45pm EST you can visit www dot globalsuccesstheater dot com

Its all about helping others get a jump start in 2008, so feel free to enjoy the show and learn something!

Cheers

Jani
  14. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Glad to have you back Jani. Happy holidays. Thanks for the info on the new CSG stuff. I as well as a few others in the forum had a question about the new direction of the CSG we have been hearing about. I had a successful leader that from one of the CSG Lifestyle coaches team call me recently and ask about the official BOD sites as they were a bit concerned about some new people they had just started and that the CSG was moving in some other direction. What direction im not sure of so can you or anyone else in the CSG shed some light on the matter. The question has come up in the forum so I imagine its being talked about. Thanks in advance for your help.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of the A-Team CV Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
  15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I find it kinda odd that there's an invitation to a webinar here, YET.... Jani has chosen NOT to answer the questions asked??? Could this be a sign that the rumors are correct???

Jay NaPier
  16. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: jnapier.....I don't see many doing that at $1500, $6000, and $15,000 price range and I understand that the memberships they'll be selling do not offer the same amount of value

Jay.. you really should not speak about anything without having accurate information and all of the details.

My understanding is that the CSG has big plans for 2008, that is so much better for everyone involved, past and present- that includes Directors and MAC subscribers- at NO cost to them, and in fact much reduced pricing for our MAC system that will be upgraded 3 versions. I am looking forward to seeing solutions to MANY of the topics that have been repeatedly discussed here with Coastal, and bringing back accountability, integrity and customer service to keep our industry professional and something we can all be proud to stand behind and represent, not to mention air all concerns openly and have problems SOLVED and not ignored or swept under the rug.

I do have respect for Coastal and all that it has given me, but I do know that we are expecting HUGE changes in January with the CSG. I can't discuss it beyond that- but my goal has always been to help others, and I for one would never stand behind something I did not think was less then ethical. My background, afterall- is ethics. I do plan on making one final post here to announce the new changes, when it is appropriate- and I do fully expect to be attacked as is historical on this board. I do think people would be very wise to keep a pace on the CSG, because I do expect 2008 to absolutely change this industry from the inside out- and I expect smart business people with clear conscience will want to be invovled after doing their homework and research.

I am right now working on re-vamping my website completely- I will be posting it with as much accurate information as I can cram into it on January 1st! As always, I will gladly support and answer anyones questions from anywhere in the Coastal family, so do feel free to review it after the first and be in touch if you have any questions. I am still very proud to be with the CSG- we are continuing to lead the field! I can't tell you all how EXCITED I am to see the New Year coming and benefitting everyone!

Cheers

Jani
  17. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Thanks Jani for coming back and sharing. I DO wish you the best with the new project and the revamp of your website. I know you'll have years of success with your new business.

Jay NaPier

P.S. - In January of this year I began work on a new montra "I REFUSE to be a part of the PROBLEM, I will ONLY be a part of the SOLUTION". This is why I'm now working with the Leadership Council and why 2008 will be the Best Year Yet for Coastal Vacations
  18. jnapier

jnapier New Member

One of the challenges with rumors is that they are JUST THAT...Rumors!

Don't hold me to this, but I've heard that an official announcement form the CSG will be given on the 15th or the 21st?? And they are either going with GRN or they are private branding the GRN program???

Anyway, until it's official...it's just speculation.

Jay NaPier
  19. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: westfam11No other group is just going to pick you up without making you pay all over again, if not buying the package, to have them be your director, they all want more money.

Hi Becky!

I actually have not had that experience myself, I have helped many others that were abandoned by their director, not getting support or worse, plain out lied to by their Director for NO CHARGE.

Of course, I don't advocate director hoping- but if people really have tried to work things out- I will help them.

No Jay- I am sorry to say that you are mis-informed. There will be a public announcement with the CSG towards the end of the year, but GRN is NOT involved in any way, shape or form.

What I am recommending HIGHLY right now, is anyone interested in a revolution in this industry get invovled with the CSG NOW- even past members will be supported and invited into this revolution, and it will NOT cost them ANYTHING. They have dropped the system activation fee and members will be informed before the public. What is happening is SO positive, and so very much better for everyone, on EVERY level- and I don't see that people can loose at all- as far as I am concerned, options are ALWAYS better, especially when I see what is coming is SO much better and does address so many of the issues that are brought up on this board repeatedly. I do know what is going on, and I am so excited for everybody!

Change is in the air, anyone who loves travel and is an entrepreneur is going to WANT to be involved in this, I never thought I would see something that is BETTER then GREAT like this!

Have a Happy Holiday everyone!

Jani
  20. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I think we should stop hyping something that hasnt happened yet. As those in the know have to keep quiet ( thats a common business practice that I dont see anything wrong with) we should all wait and see. I would tell anyone looking to not join something until you have the facts. This is no a dig against any one group but a sound business practice. As the saying goes a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Im an entrepreneur and understand that companies and organizations must pre advertise their goods. It's done all the time. Ive been involved with two travel opportunities that have done exactly that. Build for the big event is the motto. Well unless some facts or direction is given how can you make a true decision. It would be a decison based on emotions. For business thats the worst types of decisions to make.

Im not saying the announcement wont be big im just saying if you cant even give me some idea as to what its about other than its going to revolutionize the market a good option is to wait. Heck even when you are going to buy stock or make investments they have a prospectus. It explains the goals of the stock or investment and what is projected.

I wish the CSG the best in this new endeavor. As I stated before im always looking for ways to create new opportunities. Ive even invented a program to get new prospects started in Coastal for free. Ive done that because im an innovator. So again I commend them. But ill take a wait and see attitude. As a leader who is looked upon to lead I cant and wont lead a group down an uncharted road. I tried it with one opt and found out later that the road was rockier than hyped up to be. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV Apprentice Program
    302 327 6262