CTR dropped from 8% to about 4%

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Falcao, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Falcao New Member

Hello all, this month something strange has been happening with my sites. I'm not sure what the reason is, but my CTR dropped from 8% to about 4%. I'm not sure why though. At one point in the month I switched all me ads to image only ads, then I saw that my ctr dropped to 4%, then I switched all my ads to text only, and ctr remained at 4% now I have my ads displaying both text and image ads. My ctr is still the same. I'm not sure what's causing the drop in ctr. I'm not sure if it was the change in ad type or maybe something else.
    Does anyone know what could be causing the drop? please help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advanced.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Do you have a bunch of sites and it is like that on ALL of them? Or is it just on one site? Could you share a link to one of the sites so we can take a look see and maybe critique it for you?

I have one site where I did not have a strong enough call for action so am editing that right now.... it could be something as simple as that.
  3. Falcao New Member

Thank you mountain mom, actually this happened to 4 of my sites, but there all spanish sites, not sure why it happened though some of my other spanish sites still have good CTR.
    I included 3 of the sites that I'm talking about in my signature. I'm not sure if can critique these since they're in spanish, but if you can it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advanced
  4. talfighel Silver Member

Maybe you should increase your bids or even change up your ads a little to see if anything improves.

Usually when this happens to me, I may change my bids and increase them by $0.01-$0.05.

Try that,

Tal
  5. Falcao New Member

Im sorry, I didnt specify. when i was talking about CTR i was referring to the ads on my site. the CTR on my site has dropped.
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Falcao: but if you can it would be greatly appreciated.
    Sorry! I don't speak a lick of Spanish.[IMG]
  7. Falcao New Member

no problem, i appreciate the attention. Ill see what i can do to switch these sites around. thank you.
  8. happywife Gold Member

It sounds like you are referring to your adsense ads on your site. Is that correct?

It would seem that the change in ad type may have triggered the drop, but if you changed it back to the initial ad type and waited long enough to see if it returned to normal, that may not be it at all.

Have you noticed any other changes? Have you had a spike in traffic from a different source than usual? A change in the traffic dynamics could have an effect on the CTR.

Blessings,
    Angie