Custom Domain Names - .ws

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by opendomain, Jan 4, 2008.

1. opendomain

opendomain New Member

You know it never occurred to me that many Costal Vacation reps don't have their own pages? It especially didn't occur to me that www.
    COSTALVACATION.WS
    COSTALVACATIONS.WS
    DREAM-VACATION.WS,
    DREAM-VACATIONS.WS
    VACATIONING.WS
    DREAMVACATIONING.WS
    DREAM-VACATIONING.WS
    VACATIONINGS.WS

And many more are available for regestry?

I of course ask because I am a GDI rep, but also because I recently saw a costal rep asking about their own site in a different forum but all the good ".com" names had been taken.

NOT ALL THE ".ws" have been taken.

Is this something that would benefit a Costal rep?
    If so send me a PM or click the link below to sign up.
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

How much does the .Ws domain cost . I know of a place where you can get it for $7.99 , do know of any cheaper place?
  3. Judy

Judy New Member

I have never heard of a .ws address so people would not remember it as easily as a .com or .ca or .org (in my opinion)
    It would also help if you spelled Coastal properly as people looking up info on the web would be spelling it right.
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

OpenDomain,
    please don't use the Coastal Vacations forum to advertise your business opportunity. Thank you.
  5. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Where would you have me ask coastal reps if this is something they could benefit from?

PCwork knows of a place to get it for $7.99 I can get it for $10, ask PCwork for a good site, however, my main point was not to recruit people but to offer another opportunity or IDEA for people to get a decent website name pertinent to their own business. I didn't place any links in my body, most people here know I'm a GDI rep.

I've not had any trouble with people remembering .ws, as you can explain it as WebSite. If anything it helps stick you tin people's minds.

I definately will stay out of the coastal forum though.
  6. victorious

victorious New Member

I agree with Judy, the best way to go is .com. I have read it over and over in reliable books. It's easier for people to remember .com than anything else. My second option would be .net, but not even that.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029
  7. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Opendomain,
    no offense intended. It's just we have had others come in here trying to promote other bizzopps and it is not the place to do that. This forum is for people to learn about Coastal Vacations. It's not a place for other programs to advertise their product or services no matter what it is.
  8. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I can appreciate that, no offense taken.

Best of Luck,
    Gil
  9. pcwork

pcwork New Member

The problem is that all the good .com domains are taken by people who expect you to pay hundreds of dollars, that is why .ws is an option.
  10. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I agree. Like I said I was asked by some Coastal reps about names and such and thought people here either might have done this or might be interested. I've seen some people trying to sell .ws names for 100's & 1000's simply because they sound very similar to popular names.

I do agree the WS isn't something most people know of, however the names is getting out more and more each and every day.
    Hey PC Can you PM me with the place to get .ws for 7.99? I've been thinking about getting another domain for my team only.