custom letters

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by miggy12, Dec 25, 2007.

1. miggy12 New Member

I was thinking of possibly doing custom letters for children from Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny. Are there any others on this board that do it as a business and if so, how is it? Is it worth the time and money invested?

TIA for any information given.
  2. happywife Gold Member

Lucia,
    That is a very cute and clever idea. You could build a niche website about custom letters for kids. Kids love getting mail with their name on it.

You could have a section for each type of letter as you mentioned, (along with others like birthdays, awards, congratulations, etc.) with a selection of different letters under each topic for parents to choose from. They could choose which letter they wanted, fill out a simple form with the details to personalize it and all you would have to do is print it out and mail it.

There's a whole range of custom letterhead that you could offer for their letter, as well. If you kept the service reasonably priced (under $5), I imagine you would do well with it.

Most of the process could be automated. All you'd have to do is print them out and post them.

Hmm. If you decide not to try this, let me know. I may do it myself. [IMG] If I ever get some free time!
  3. miggy12 New Member

OMG, Happywife, I just love your site. I am addicted to chocolate and your chocolates are so beautiful as well as looking delicious. I will definitely go to your site if I ever need to order chocolates.

And thanks for your post. I have been looking around for some great bargains on paper and most of them are ugly or sold out. Oh well, I'll keep looking. But right now, we are on a TIGHT budget so I can't spend too much.

Have a great week.

Lucia
  4. happywife Gold Member

Lucia,
    Thanks for the kind words about my chocolate site. Feel free to make use of the recipes and add your own to the site at [Link removed - Admin] The more the merrier. [IMG]

I'm glad my post was helpful. Just keep your eyes and ears open and you will get ideas from all around to incorporate into this niche topic. Make yourself little notes or you will forget them when the time comes to build your site. [IMG] I hope you find some wonderful bargains on paper and envelopes.

To get some start up money, maybe you can make some homemade chocolate candy and sell it at your local school or office complex. [IMG] Where there is a will there's a way!

All the best.