Data Entry Workers Needed...is this for real?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by sorbjac, Aug 23, 2005.

1. akrad

akrad New Member

2. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

ladybug: Many of these websites are knock-offs of each other. They simply promote pay per click advertising (which YOU pay for) using Google and Clickbank products. The first alarm with most sites should be the cheesy design but some are becoming more professional.

Look for things like:

Hundreds of companies want you to work for them. You will never be rejected. Just fill in simple online forms (that's the BIG one).

When you see this:

Data Entry Workers Needed
    Earn what your Worth!!

--Work at home Part time or Full time.
    --Earn $300-$500 Per Week.
    --Full online training is provided.

Requirements

--Computer with Internet and Email access.
    --Good Typing Skills.
    --Basic Internet knowledge.
    --Basic Computer and Typing Skills.
    --You must be 18 years of age.

It's almost ALWAYS ad typing crap and it's a joke.
    Almost fall for this many times before including stuffing envelopes. lol

3. jakez

jakez New Member

There are legit data entry jobs online. Not all the websites out there are scams. http://www.getafreelancer.com is a website that you bid on jobs at home to write articles, do backlinking, data entry work, programming, and many more. This is legit and you can earn money by bidding on the opportunities available.

4. tiggykitty14

tiggykitty14 New Member

Ok, So I guess I just got scammed! I paid $39.95 to dataentrybucks.com. They promise thousands of companies are hiring. On thier home page it talks about 'filling out forms' and shows you samples. So far I have not found any of these jobs, plus the jobs that are available want people with experience! And 85% of the jobs or sites they list I have seen oodles of times already before I paid MONEY! I have asked for my money back, but of course I probably wont get it.

5. cricket127

cricket127 New Member

Are there any sites that actually are legit? Be great if there were one or two out there! If there are, please mention them!

6. diane622

diane622 New Member

While most data entry jobs are scams, don't give up completely! You are at the right place! Just always check with others and do your own research into companies that look promising. Most legit companies are going to hire you to work for them and pay you, not the other way around. However, if you're looking for more information, you might pay someone for that, but not for work...

I work from home doing transcription work and the online companies I work for are completely legitimate, and I didn't pay them a dime to work for them, I tested with them and they pay me. It really is common sense, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Good luck!
    Diane

7. xnikolinax

xnikolinax New Member

I have tried to find some kind of online job for the longest while. The only thing I manage to find are scam sites with pay per click type of deals or buy a kit to start working. Today I stumbled upon smth I am hoping might be somewhat different. Ill give it a week and see how it goes and then come and report here.

There so many different things/scams out there it is so hard to weed through everything. The worst thing is, you are always hoping that even though it sounds too good to be true, it actually is that good.

In any case, good luck to all....

8. aila laserna

aila laserna New Member

waah.. i've done my research and yes, this is another scam site.. Beware of : www.theformulaone.com.
    For jobseekers always remember this: Don't pay to get Hired! Work Hard to get Paid!

9. Data Entry type programs are just that. They are programs not jobs. As with every other IM digital product, they are methods of earning money online.

Whether you implement the methods and make them work for you is another story.

I actually purchased a Data Entry type program years ago and learnt quite a bit from it. It certainly fired up my interest in making a living online. [​IMG]

10. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

I believe same way as Vasser said,

you should be careful when you choose those Data entry jobs

11. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

Find real data entry jobs, not the "data entry jobs" that are nothing more than writing ads on Adwords and promoting products as an affiliate.

Programs like these, while they may work for some, are not for all. If you're looking for a real data entry job, it's best to look on job boards or freelance sites.

12. necros00

necros00 New Member

There has been so many data entry scams and complaints that Google no-longer accepts anything to do with data entry in the Adwords. I have yet to have seen a legitimate data entry site myself.

What I've heard is that the data entry is actually an affiliate program like everything else. I would get away from data entry and look into something else if I were you.

13. khristal23

khristal23 New Member

Any data entry opp that requires a "starter kit" or anything like that is most definitely a scam. There are a few that are for real, though. Key for Cash is one, but the pay is painfully low. Great American Opportunities also hires occasionally for seasonal data entry work (inputting names and addresses into the computer where people have filled out order forms for magazines, candy bars, etc. through schools). There is no charge to sign up with Key for Cash or GAO, but GAO is currently NOT taking applicants. They just finished hiring for their fall season. Working Solutions is a company offering phone work that occasionally has data entry as well.

14. Mei Li An

Mei Li An New Member

15. jimson2

jimson2 New Member

Hi everyone ,
    I recently joined http://dataentryjobs.us/Part-Time-Home-Jobs/... .been workingwith them for amonth now , and I already have in my account $200, but it is still pendinguntill now , I have requested payment but they are not returning any reply..does any body here have tried or still working with them ,do they really pay ? is this a legit company ,PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME ,,THANK YOU AND GODBLESS EVERYBODY

16. jimson2

jimson2 New Member

hi everyone
    I am working with dataentryjobs.us for about a month now, can anybody tell me if this company is legi or a scam,
    GODBLESS EVERYONE