Data Job Company (scam?)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by stoky, May 21, 2011.

1. stoky New Member

I'm not sure that this is the correct sub-forum for this, but this looks fishy to me. I entered "Data Job Company" & scam in search engines, it comes back with results more general than specific (by design?). What do you think?:

Hi,
    Your application is successful. The Quality of your response was
    highly considered by the Board before you were selected. You start up firstly with the training process, which would last for a week and
    then full start-up. This is just a formal mail to inform you that you
    have been selected for this Job and to get ready for start up.
    Appointment letter and others would be mailed to the address you would provide us to be delivered next week after the test of duty/Trust. Now let me give you insight to the Job in question and your duties, How to get started, Benefits.

JOB DETAILS

Working from home with the company's provided computer is a broad expatiation's of how the online duty is performed working from home.
    You are required to use the equipments because there is a wide range of software installed on the system to protect data, ease duty, also enhance speed and accuracy of duty online. The Company's equipment that would be shipped to you are liable to be yours as (Ownership) after a period of 2 months of working with the Company.

We are not deducting funds from your payroll for Taxes; all Our Online staffs are expected to complete their taxes forms after payroll by themselves.

The Company is running the Online Recruiting as a temporary measure towards the completion of our Centers around the United states and Canada. So most of our online staffs would have the first hand opportunity to apply to become permanent staffs when these centers are opened. So i can assure you that you have been offered a great opportunity to perform giving your best to performing Data Entry duties in exchange for a good pay.

The company's website for the Home Business Unit is under a URL change and it involves a very high re-organizational process that involves bringing all our online staffs to log-on on the same Network Online with their staff ID. As soon as the website is launched within the next 10 business days then each online staffs can have a log on ID/Password to get access to their duties online while still communicating with their supervisors.

PAYROLL ROUTINE

Please provide answers to the following schedule so we could update your folder on the administrative desk.

1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day?

2. What time range. (Morning Section 8am-12noon or Afternoon section 3pm-6pm)?

3. Payroll Interval. (Weekly or Bi-weekly) ?

4. Payroll Method. Check or Transfer (Bank Of America Only)

Basically before you get started, the company would be providing you with funds to purchase some important software required for the duty in question and then you will be receiving equipments from the Company. Dell Laptop Pentium D Duo Processor, All in one Printer, Scanner and Fax Machine with a wide range of software already installed on the system.

TEST OF DUTY/TRUST

Test of duty/trust would involve you handling funds on behalf of the
    company to purchase the needed software and also to handle the
    shipment of your mini office equipment. The test of trust is your
    first call to duty. This will be your first assignment before you
    begin your training, You will be receiving a payment from the company shortly and would be required to follow proper directions, Accurate deduction and documentation is expected from you. This would be the only payment you would be required to handle on your own.. You would forward all other future payments to the company's accounting details, which would be made readily available to you upon your start.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you send your contact details, and your answer to the payroll questions, so that it can be forwarded to the company's accounting department for processing, also for you to be able to receive your test of duty/trust package.

Details should be sent in the format below :

Your full name.............................

Address: .....................................

City:.................

State:.....................

Zip Code:.......................................

Phone #home cell...

Email ..............

I look forward working with you as an online staff

Assist head of Personnel Management
    Resource for Online Staffs
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

yowzers - i wouldn't do it!!
  3. talfighel Silver Member

4. circleb New Member

Run, do not walk, away from this!

That "test of duty/trust" is a hallmark of how scams work. There will be some condition that will get your money into their hands.

What is the company name? Is it actually Data Job Company? Is there a website?
  5. stoky New Member

Yes, the company name is (apparently) "Data Job Company". I don't think there is a website.
    Thank you, mountainmom5, talfighel, and circleb for your responses. In retrospect, it is obviously a scam. I guess it was a stupid question on my part.
    I sent the following response:
    Since you are a legitimate company, and not scammers, can I assume there will be no rush from the time that I "handling funds on behalf of the company", "receive a payment", and when I incur expenditures, such that the receipt of payment will have adequate time to insure legitimacy of payment?
    Perhaps a more efficient and expedient logistical approach would be for you to purchase the requisite
    software, along with the office equipment, and ship them concurrently.
    I look forward to resolution of such minor anachronism, and working with you as an online staff.
  6. circleb New Member

Nice. I wonder if you will get a further response from them.
  7. ThePhoenix New Member

Stoky that is such a great response to them! And it really doesn't make sense why they would give someone money to buy equipment instead of them just shipping you the equipment directly, or paying for it themselves and listing your address as the shipping address. Definitely should be avoided!
  8. mbasa Member

These normally turn out onto dissapointments. Don't pursue it at all!!Eventually, you will be requested to pay some money as well.