DBA or LLC Any help

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal Advice' started by Claymerica, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Claymerica

Claymerica New Member

I understand that clickbank taxes anything over $600 per their website. So if i am gonna make more than that consistently this year with no employees should i just setup a DBA or should i do LLC. Right now im using my SS# but i figured i should do EIN #. If i do a DBA how do you go about doing that. Thanks for any help!
    Clay
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Depending on the state you live in, the procedures, forms and fees may be slightly different, but the process for registering a DBA is pretty straightforward.

You first want to make sure that the particular name you want is not already in use. You can find this out by doing a quick search of the appropriate state or county agency's database. That information should be accessible from their website, along with the steps to take to make your status official.

Hermas
  3. Claymerica

Claymerica New Member

Thank you hermas i will check into that!
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I just went to my bank to open a business checking account and they gave me all the paperwork needed to file my business name with the state. It's really easy.[​IMG]
  5. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

You can get an EIN without having a business.. I would recommend having an S Corp. It is worth it for HUGE tax advantages throughout the year.

A good CPA will take care of you and charge your yearly bill when filing taxes.