Decreased rate for DR?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by slicedtwice, Jan 4, 2010.

1. slicedtwice

slicedtwice New Member

Hey everyone. I am new to WAH. Vert happy to find this site!
    I just started with the DR skill at West. I am finding that all the shifts are 15 cents per minute. Has this always been the case? I expected some busier shifts or maybe weekends to be a liitle more. I thought there would be a little more variation in pay. I have to talk about 55 min out of the hour to make above min wage. How realistic is this? Have they decreased their rate recently? Dont get me wrong, I am very happy to have a WAH position. I need to work from my home at this point in my life. I'd love some feedback from other DR agents. What should I expect as far as talk time goes? Looking forward to your responses![​IMG]
  2. arizmendi

arizmendi New Member

I also was just hired at west but am worried about pay due to my internet phone and other cost that from everything I read on these forums is thatthey dont provide phone service or equipment. If the pay is like slice says than after I pay bills I will have worked for nothing. Is there any real money to be earned here ?
  3. suni315

suni315 New Member

They do occasionally have talk rates up to 25 cents per minute
    but to get the maximum rate you would have to be talking 60 minutes to make that plus at the end of 2 weeks they average everything out anyway. So I never bother with the higher per minute rates I think they put that on there to inspire people to pick up those shifts
  4. luis84

luis84 New Member

Yeah, in reality you earn min wage. They limit you to 30 hours a week usually, but for some months it is 40. It is currently at 40.

I make about 33 a week and my check after taxes for 2 weeks (pay is bi weekly) comes to about... $440 so I make ... $880 a month. Is that good, no? Is that great, no?

Is it a WAH job I consider fairly stable and have fun doing, yes. I am surviving off all WAH jobs, I do this and writing. W*st is pretty awesome, if you stay on a while you can get offered a secondary line and get more hours, you will have to work to make money though. Still 900 - 1000 a month sitting at home is pretty good pay.
  5. Debra

Debra New Member

Luis -

In the FAQ the say: "no caller ID, voicemail, answering machine, call waiting, etc." Can you get Vonage without these? If not, do they interfere with the work?

Are you still enjoying your work? I'm a stay-at-home-Mom-Wife-Grandmother and it sounds perfect for me. Thank you for all the great info.

Debra