Describe your work at home space

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by happygal, Apr 20, 2009.

1. happygal

happygal Member

Just curious what kind of a space do you all have for working at home. Do you actually have a room that functions as an office. Do you do your work moving around the house? Table in the basement? I have a small desk and table that I tend to use...but that's not to say it doesn't end up being a Lego staging area sometimes too [​IMG]

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

lol - yes, right now there is all kinds of paraphernalia in my 'work area' ... papers my daughter is using to do Ebay stuff and writing her resume ... plants that I am starting for outdoor flowers.... my table is serving as a laundry table... there is an ipod plugged into my computer...

But, yes, it also functions as my office. [​IMG]

3. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

I designated one of my four bedrooms as an office.

4. Desigirl

Desigirl New Member

[​IMG]..

I am using my baby's nursery as my workspace. With this I can always keep an eye on her. [​IMG]

5. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

I just have a desk and a chair with my desktop at a corner of my bedroom.

6. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i make my room as my office... [​IMG]

7. gridellas

gridellas New Member

I put a desk and chair in my spare bedroom and it stays cluttered. lol

8. samda

samda Member

A laptop and my lap. Some times my pillow. Nothing more than this.

9. mrossell

mrossell New Member

My space is always on the move, thanks to my laptop! My favorite office space though is on my deck in the summer[​IMG]

10. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

I have my own office at home where all my things are placed in order. My little alwyas mess things up and I don't want him to do it freely with my computer.

11. vbsondemand

vbsondemand New Member

Up until a few weeks ago I turned one of my 4 bedrooms into an office. It was great but I hated having my office upstairs. I end up having work everywhere. Anyway I just moved to a home that has an office on the main floor which is great! I can close the door for privacy when needed and when a call comes in I don't have to run upstairs to have privacy.

12. getpaidtotry

getpaidtotry Guest

Mine is a small corner with a computer and some very lovely books and a stationery kit that helps me pen down important things.

13. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Guest

working at home space for online business is very important too.

I am trying to make it as Ergonomics requirements, because of my health.

did you know that light should be from from your back.

Did you know that from your eyes to monitor should be about 1m distance and 30 digrees angle from your eyes and the top of monitor.

and many more requirments all peoples must to know because of productivity and health too.

14. neveenapink

neveenapink New Member

I have my space in the garage. I had the garage closed up, added a huge tv, sitting area and my own little cubicle decked with a big important comfy chair, desk, laptop, printer and mini gum ball machine. How special do i feel now, pretty special [​IMG] lol

15. cdl123

cdl123 New Member

I use my sunroom as an office.
    I have my computer, file cabinet an a loveseat.

16. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

A laptop in a little room out back where the grandkids can't find me,
    with a deck and porch swing looking at the Red Rocks of Sedona.
    The main office is in the house with computers and 3 printers on wi-fi.
    Anywhere there is wi-fi can be my office since 90% of what I do is on-line.
    A local resort with even better views is my home office away from home.
    (I'm their tech support and webmaster/host so get a few little perks)
    The local bakery is also a hot spot for meeting with clients.
    Taking a short hike every few hours helps clear the mind.

17. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Oops, didn't notice the category was "MOMS", sorry 'bout that!
    Moms can't hide from the kids as easy as grandpa can.

18. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

In the playpen!

Seriously - There is a corner of the toy room that I have designated 'the office' and this is surrounded with a playpen to keep explorers out!

Jennifer783 likes this.
  19. mendozatara

mendozatara New Member

happygal
    OK Ladies!!! I love being at home with my four kids!! However, they are all in school now. I am a Nurse Practitioner and now started my own business but need help!!!! There is no way to make it in the business world unless you have a strong group of friends!!! I NEED FRIENDS.... Not just any friends but woman that love to have fun, drink wine while watching Disney, hitting a movie after the kids go to bed, and support each other in life, in general!!! Email me if anyone is interested in hooking up, having parties to display each other's products, home businesses and hosting fun!! Anyways, You all rock! Take care Tara

Jennifer783 likes this.
  20. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Oh I miss my work space since I moved. It was in an alcove just inside the back door. Big French Doors, lots of light, water view from the deck. So bright and cheery.

Now I am in a basement, it's rather cold here and only one window.

Moving soon again, but looking for the perfect little office space in my new home.