Diabetes

Discussion in 'Health' started by mdukeusa, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

I would also suggest the Kathy Smith program. It's called Project You Type 2.

2. nanlar

nanlar New Member

In my opinion and from my wifes' past experience, your doctor does knows best but proper diet and excercise can improve your diabetes condition greatly.

3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

There are two types - type 1 (more serious) and type 2 (controllable and reversible).

Type 1 = you have to take insulin because your body no longer produces it.

Type 2 solution and management = you must be aggressive about losing weight. That means controlling your food portions and greatly reducing foods that are notorious for causing weight gain such as foods high in sugar, fat, and carbs.

You also need to keep a piece of candy or liquid sugar with you at all times in case your blood sugars drop dramatically (hypoglycemia).

The most helpful medication for most people that suffer from type 2 is currently Metformin.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor and I have not given, am not giving, and will not give medical advice.

~Newbie Shield~

4. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

pcwork: Keeping your weight down and controlling your diet may help
    Stevia is a natural sweetener has 0 calories and is 200 to 300 more concentrated then white sugar, which makes a drop go a long way.

5. Dr_Boo

Dr_Boo New Member

My wife had gestational diabetes during her last pregnancy and managed to avoid having to take insulin by closely monitoring her carbohydrate intake. Even this though was a matter of trial and error since there were certain things that would cause her blood sugar to spike even if she stayed within her carb limits. Exercise also helped early on, but by the third trimester that wasn't a practical option.

Bottom line is if you are controlling your diabetes through diet, be very mindful of your carbs and be sure to pay attention to portion sizes.

6. mreyn

mreyn New Member

HI, The Patagonian Maqui Berry is helping people with type 2 Diabetes , weight loss as well as other health issues.

7. daniel

daniel New Member

Here in the Philippines the common anti diabetes is a vegetable we call ampalaya..it's a bit bitter in taste..and there are other herbal drugs that they develope to lower the insulin.it's made up of ampalaya.ginseng and ginger in a capsule form

8. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

My husband has type 2 diabetes and had neurapathy in his leg's. He has been taking Sonoran Bloom Nopalea since the first of April 09 and no longer has the neurapathy pain in his leg's, very little redness in his leg's at all, less swelling in his leg and the dr. cut his oral diabetes medical in half. He used to have blood sugar level's of 160-180 every morning. Now it ranges between 85-100, unless he is ill. There is another no. I am forgetting the proper term for that is very important that the dr. checks over the long term in the blood work. Bruce's went for 7.75 to 6.2, which is very good.

Coincidentally he was also taken off one of his other medications for his cardiovascular disease. This product has been a true blessing for our family. Note: Nopalea does not cure diabetes, but it greatly reduces the inflammation in the body and diabetes is a source of inflammation. If you stop taking it, symptoms will return.

Ironically, because of all the pain in Bruce's leg's he was unable to walk any distance at all - I mean walking to a parking lot from a building was hard. It also hurt his leg's to ride a bicycle. Now he is exercising as he should, which is one of the top things people with diabetes need to do.

9. cpryor

cpryor New Member

If you or anyone you know have signs or symptoms of diabetes, please seek medical advice. you will need to be evaluated by a physician to determine what type of diabetes you may have in order to produce a plan of care that will work best for you

10. vikashsin

vikashsin New Member

Diabetes ravages blood vessel, tripling your risk of stroke. The body's resistance to insulin leads to a build up of blood glucose, which seems to speed up the artery clogging process. Sleep apnea in which breathing is intermittently interrupted during sleep boosts stroke risk mainly by raising blood pressure. Symptoms: If you have snored heavily and if you got up at morning with headache and day time drowsiness. High homocysteine levels an amino acid that builds up in the body when vitamin B intake is low. It linked with an increased risk of heart attack, overt and silent stroke dementia.

11. weebitty

weebitty Member

check out this documentary I don't know which diabetes it is talking about but it may help some people!!

Dear NaturalNews readers,

Can diabetes be cured in under 30 days? An astonishing documentary called Simply Raw - Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days reveals what happens when mainstream American diabetics are put on a raw foods diet for 30 days. The results will amaze you.

Today, my feature story describes the documentary and offers some personal insight into the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center and the health benefits of eating a raw foods diet (even if it's only partially raw):
    http://www.naturalnews.com/028653_raw_foods_diabetes.html

12. weebitty

weebitty Member

I have found another article that may be of help as well. You should do your own research folks. You doctor is your guide but ultimately you are the final decision maker. You have to take responsibility for your own health and do the research. You wind up educating your doctor because they don't have time to investigate stuff like we do.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/028614_Suzy_Cohen_diabetes.html

This article is by a pharmacists. She has been one for 20 plus years so she knows medicine better than the doctors do. If you want to know what a medicine does or is ask a pharmacist. The doctors only know what the salesman tell them.

13. treevee

treevee Member

Diet -- Stay away from all animal products and by-products. Live on raw complex carbs. Exercise outside for at least 1/2 hr. everyday.
    Get the book, The China Study, and read it the whole way through!

14. yasser

yasser New Member

mdukeusa: Has anyone found anything that really works to control diabetes?
    Your key to success is a meal plan. A meal plan is a daily eating plan. There are many different types of meal plans. Some focus on controlling calories or portion size, while others count fat or carbohydrates. Still others combine both of these methods. The exchange meal plan is an example. With this meal plan, you can choose a specific number of servings each day from these six food groups: starch/bread, meat (or fish, poultry, or meat alternative such as soy products) vegetable, fruit, milk, and fat.[​IMG]

15. milasports

milasports New Member

Interesting reads, might want to try the worlds healthiest whole raw food, called MILA.

Heart disease: Mila contains high amounts of Omega-3. It is clinically proven to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, stabilize heart arrhythmia, lower blood pressure, act as a natural blood thinner and increase HDL ("good") cholesterol.

Weight Loss: Mila is so nutrient dense that the equivalent quantity of nutrients can only be acquired by consuming a combination of the highest food sources of those nutrients, an amount of food that represents approximately 6 times the calories of Mila. For example, consuming 3?? oz. of Mila results in about 6 times fewer calories from the combined best sources of the same nutrient. In addition, Mila's exceptionally high level of Tryptophan (an amino acid that suppresses appetite) may relieve hunger pangs. Mila can easily be used in formulating meal replacements.
    Lowering your Blood Pressure: Mila has a vasodilatory effect by increasing the size of the arteries and thereby lowering blood pressure. This is the same effect achieved by prescription-type medications and should work just as well for women as it does for men.

Blood sugar: Salvia hispanica L.'s nutrient dense qualities and Omega 3 content has been shown to assist in the control of diabetes.

STAY HEALTHY!

16. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Urine test for sugar is not reliable indicator of diabetes control. Although spillage of sugar in urine occurs when the blood glucose exceeds 180 mg/dl in the majority of healthy persons, this is not always so in a patient with diabetes. Most patients with diabetes of many years acquire an increase in the renal threshold for glucose (capacity to prevent spillage of glucose into urine). Hence urine test for glucose is not helpful for assessing control of diabetes. In the presence of urinary infections, the bacteria eats up the sugar present in urine, thereby making urine test for sugar unreliable.

17. anne12

anne12 New Member

Hello Friends..........

Exercise

Keeping fit and exercising has been proven to play a role in controlling blood sugar levels and the overall health of the diabetic. In addition, if you are overweight, a dangerous state for the diabetic, exercise will help you shed pounds, thus reducing the risks posed by the diseases.

Thanks

18. sfireyes

sfireyes New Member

I work in a Cardiology office. We have several patients with diabetes and what we have found that works the best is diet and exercise. Now we all know that diabetics should avoid sugar and food that can contain sugar but here we are very strict with our recommendations. We basically recommend vegetables, egg whites and fish. Not even fruit. Everyone asks, how can you live like that? Well if you REALLY WANT TO KEEP ON LIVING, you will do what it takes. The thing is people want to be healthy but not sacrifice. Unfortunately when is comes to diabetes you must sacrifice or else. I don't want to be so blunt but diabetes is a killer. We have had people become non-diabetic by following our recommendations.

19. DCollier

DCollier Member

Herbalife Meal Replacement is the key on a daily basis.Just my 5 cents
    70% Plant based Proteins , and 30 % animal. It seems we have it backwards.

20. Lenny777

Lenny777 New Member

mdukeusa: Has anyone found anything that really works to control diabetes?

Hello mdukeusa,

Concerning your question I'd like to direct you to the following URL address:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/diabetes.html

www.earthclinic.com, in my opinion, is a great website for information on natural alternatives to deal with diseases/sicknesses. I hope this helps you out.

-Lenny