Did you ever feel like giving up ? ..

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Jameslopez90, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Jameslopez90

Jameslopez90 New Member

What's up everybody, my name is James and I wanted to know if anybody out there right now that are stuggling or need answers to help them improve with their online business. If you are not struggling then you could share your ideas and opinion for those who are getting started or is already in business and needs some help.
    payment proof likes this.
  2. KB24

KB24 Member

Come up with a plan and stick to one method until you see results. So many people jump around from one thing to another without getting results. Then they say making money online is a scam, it doesn't work ect.. it does work you just need to work at it and stay focused on one method first. Then you can scale..
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I think everyone has felt like giving up at one time or another. You need to work past that. Success takes hard work.

Great post :)
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

If it was easy, everyone and their brother, uncle and cousin would be wealthy. The tough stick it out and find success while the rest give up and settle for the mediocre lifestyle of jobs, beer on the weekend and broke in retirement.
  5. eina26

eina26 New Member

Giving up is not an option however, I find myself just taking some rest when I'm in a low point. It's important to unwind and have a balance in life. ;)
    CKC, Kendra Hanes, DCollier and 2 others like this.
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

SOOO true Eina26! In fact, I have missed so much of 'life' in the past by just bulldozing ahead with my blinders on, so this time around I am trying to keep the balance of smelling the roses, enjoying family life and letting the universe guide me. :)
    eina26 likes this.
  7. dlrprofits

dlrprofits New Member

Yeah. It's amazing right. If people thought about how long it would take to master anything "in the real world", and tried to work just as hard online. Then a lot more could be having the life they were dreaming of. :)
  8. crawfordssweeps

crawfordssweeps New Member

I don't feel like giving up. But I sure would love to quit my job and go into business for myself. Just don't have the funding for that right now
  9. eina26

eina26 New Member

I have to agree with you. Most of us forget to enjoy life. It's not all about success and money, for me it's about balance. :)
    payment proof and mountainmom5 like this.
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Don't quit your job!! Even when you find the funds... and believe me, we were all in the same shoes at one point. What I CAN tell you is this... once you find the business that you start feeling passionate about, the universe/God will make a way for you. Happens over and over for folks. How can a way be made if you yourself don't know which way to go?

My encouragement to you is to stick with your job till you see results with a business. It may take a few years. That's okay! What if you COULD quit your job in 3 years and replace your income with a business?? You will never know unless you get INTO one. ;) And trust me... you don't want to be struggling to build a business as your bills pile up from quitting your other job too quickly!
    CKC and Bernarda like this.
  11. moneysmartad

moneysmartad New Member

Great Post! Don't give up because we never know that close how we are in success.
  12. Adrian

Adrian Member

Anything worth having is worth fighting for.Don't let failure be an option.
    Sometimes you have to fail your way forward.In the end you will come out a stronger person because you went through the struggle.
  13. Kendra Hanes

Kendra Hanes New Member

I think the hardest thing for a person to hear in the moment of their greatest struggle is ... "it's all about your mindset". But I truly believe where the mind leads, the body and emotions will follow. Every interview you hear about those who busted hind-parts to succeed in business didn't just focus on the skills needed to succeed in business ... they trained their mind to succeed as well.

So yes struggle is a matter of perspective. Instead of saying ... I'll never get this ... Say How can I get this to work? It puts your mind into solution search mode. Before you know it, you realize exactly what you need to get past a road block/obstacle/struggle.

Leaders are readers ... grow your skill set, strengthen your mind, provide solutions that help people and inspire them while they learn to believe in themselves again.
    Kelley Lewis and payment proof like this.
  14. Keith Everett

Keith Everett New Member

I was tempted to give up. In 2010 I had no job, I was struggling to pay the Mortgage and my girlfriend of 10 yrs died of Pneumonia. I just help on. I knew if I gave up I would be back to square 1 again. If you believe in what you are doing, you can make it happen.

I just listened to my inner self and ignored half the advice given on the Internet. Do what people do, not what they say, often the two things are different.

Find someone who has what you want and model how they do it. I got a mentor, he helped me decide on the best thing for me and that was my starting point. I've created products and I've sold other people's. It's all good once you make it work, but you have to hold on long enough to get there.
  15. Amwarner

Amwarner New Member

You know, I feel that different entrepreneurs go through different things and with certain situations they may be tempted to give up. I walked down that path once before. I was frustrated because my business wasn't going the way I wanted it to go but I knew that giving up wasn't an option because the alternative (working a 9 - 5) is too horrible.

The way I got over that was by focusing on what my real purpose was and who I was ultimately doing this whole thing for ... my family. Everything that I do is for them and to make sure my kids have a great childhood and life.

We all go through struggles as entrepreneurs but I believe that every hurdle that comes up is a test on how you choose to overcome it. Constant perseverance is a major key to success.
  16. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

When you commit to your goals, then when the tough times come, your WHY and goals will help you stay in the game.

The KEY to success online is to never give up, learn from everything, and make plans that will work for you in moving forward. Some of your plans may not work but you have to persist no matter what.
  17. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Just give up!
    If you what you are doing is not working, stop doing it.
    Trying the same methods over and over does not help.
    YOU have to find what works for YOU.

That means giving up preconceived notions.
    Go with your gut feelings, is it right for YOU?
    How you feel about your business shows.
    If you are not passionate about it, give up and move on.
    Find your passion first, then find a way to make it pay.
    Otherwise you'll hate it as much as a "J.O.B.".

Do what you love and you'll love what you do.
    Then, and only then: "Never, ever give up!" ;)
  18. @HomeFree

@HomeFree New Member

Keep your goals in front of you. Look at them everyday! Have a clear understanding of why you want or need your business to work for you. That is what will keep you moving forward. There is going to be hard days, in some phases of your business more than not! That comes with the territory, you have to learn to be the master of your craft, be able to learn new things everyday and things will come together. Stay consistent, focused on your WHY and continue to set and achieve goals and you will get there!
  19. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I have been tempted to give up a few times. I think it happens when you don't know what you really want to do or what your goals or dreams really are. Once you figure that part out you just have to keep working at it. There are always setbacks and disappointments but it is totally worth it to keep going.
  20. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

So very true! I have actually had to take a step back sometimes when I got frustrated -regroup and realize that if it's not fun anymore, then I am doing something way wrong. Thanks for sharing that.
    Just2EZ likes this.