Difficulty getting my Melaleuca business up and running

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Brian Lavigne, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Brian Lavigne

Brian Lavigne New Member

Okay everyone, short and simple... I signed up with Melaleuca. They have very good products for which I have made purchases from. I tried to reach out to family and friends to introduce the products Melaleuca has to offer and hopefully change where they spend their money, but they don't like the fact they have to pay to join, and the prices scare them. Yes, I can talk about how healthy their products are, how long they last, the quality of the product.. it's still not going to get them to shop there. And they don't like the idea of watching a webinar just to buy a product. So there's definitely some obstacles to overcome here. It's been a bit frustrating because I'm not a sales person (even though I'm not actually selling anything), so even being a bit aggressive comes out as being pushy.. and that's uncomfortable for me. So if anyone has been successful in this business, I would love to hear what works for you and what methods have been most effective for you. Thank you!

2. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

Welcome to the world of Network Marketing (MLM)! You're no different than the majority of distributors out there. At some point in time, we've all gone through the same thing you're going through, and that's why the attrition rate is so high.

If you're planning on building a large organization, with lots of distributors, you have to understand that the true business model is strictly a numbers game. If you adhere to that truth, and do the numbers, you will succeed.

On the other hand, building a large organization that has a large customer base (people buying the products), takes a lot more time and energy. That's why most distributors opt for finding people interested in building a business, and it's the reason why they suggest having everyone watch a webinar.

I don't believe a webinar is needed to sell products. It's main purpose is to generate interest in the business itself. You can talk to people about the products, write articles about the products, and post on forums or blogs about the products, if you want to build your business through a large customer base rather than distributors.

To me, focusing on customers, people buying your company's products, is what works in the long term. Distributors come and go, and most get discouraged when they find out that their family and friends are not interested. It takes time, perseverance and thick skin to build a successful organization. However, there is one thing that a learned a long time ago, NEVER GIVE UP!!

I wish you luck on your new adventure!

payment proof likes this.