Discouraged and Needing Help...

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Mike Perazzetti, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mike Perazzetti

Mike Perazzetti New Member

I am very very new to this and I have full faith in the products offered with what I am involved with (preexisting technology products with a 93% lead profit return), and yet I cannot sem to get anyone inside and outside of my networks to bite (other than one who said he got it but it just wasn't the right time).

Has anyone else experienced this and what do you do to rise above it? I have been at this for a month and a half so far and I believe in it, but this is challenging.

ana likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Hi Mike,

Have you created your own sites and blogs? How are you marketing them? What are you doing to get traffic to them? Learning some of the basics about Internet Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing, etc. may help.

Try to find different sites, forums, social networks where people might share an interest in your products. Don't spam. Contribute to the existing topics. But drop a link from time to time when appropriate or include one in your signature if it is allowed.

Good luck. :)

Robin Bull likes this.
  3. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

It really depends on what you have done to this point. A little more info would be great.

4. Mike Perazzetti

I have contacted most friends and contacts that I know who would understand what I am selling but no bites (only one understood but he is too busy right now). I have created an ad or two on Craigslist, and no bites. It may help if you can see the page I have created to look at it and see what else can be done. I would really like to get another perspective because the one contact I have insists that it can only work one way and that is a brief conversation with strangers standing in line at a retail store. I don't shop often at this point.

<Snip>

Thank you for all of the help.

Mike

[Post edited - Admin]

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Mike,

What ever you do, just don't quit.

You need to master one thing and that is how to market online effectively. You need to learn all you can, apply it, and then see what works best for you.

Use solo ads.

Use forums.

Write your own articles.

Upload videos.

Use PPC.

Buy leads.

What ever you need to learn and master, start today.

6. Jay Wilks

Jay Wilks New Member

Mike you are working in the right direction, you are doing something you believe in and that is half the battle. Having a positive mindset really helps, you cannot allow yourself to become discouraged, there are a lot of things you can do to promote yourself and build a team without a big advertising budget. You have to show people who you really are and that you truly believe in the product once people see that they will be attracted to you and join you and look to you for guidance. There is no "magic pill" that makes it come quick. Stick with it you'll be great!

7. 4melife

4melife New Member

I don’t know how many people family and friends are but one thing you have to understand is that business is a numbers game. People receive advertisements all the time. There are TV ads, radio ads, newspaper, web ads, friend’s referrals, billboards, store fronts. How many ads do you say yes to? How many do you say no to? How many times is it lunch time and you don’t go to McDonald's? How many times do you go to McDonald's? For every company business is a numbers game. With a new business you don’t know what your numbers are but they are there and they can change will business cycles. Your job right now is not to get any bites. Your job is to reach 1000 different people to tell you no. If person 999 tells you yes, you need to talk to 2 more people until you get 1000 nos. When you reach your goal of 1000 come back and we can talk about how you did.

8. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Mike, a month and a half may seem like an eternity to you at this stage, and frustration and desperation might be lurking just around the corner, but don't even think of giving up. It took me 4 months to make my first dollar online. See this experience as part of your training, because that's exactly what it is.

You are finding out that:
    • Anything worth having isn't achieved without sustained effort
    • Rome wasn't built in a day
    • You can only put out after you have taken in
    • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again
    • The method(s) you are using are not effective
    • You have yet to developed the right system
    Your post also highlights some things about you. It shows your dedication, your honesty and willingness to reach out for help. These are qualities that will get you past this hurdle for sure. There are excellent suggestions in this thread that you can implement to change the results you are having at the moment.

I would simply encourage you to find a mentor, someone in your business who has achieved the level of success you are seeking and have them guide you through the challenges. It's a process. Success will come when you find the right pieces and can sort out the correct way to use them.

Stay on the path!

Hermas

Curtis Slone and Robin Bull like this.
  9. Mike, I have been there, I believe most of us [online entrepreneurs] at some point experienced this however, you are on the right track because you believe in what you are offering and that is the first step. Work on your marketing; try talfighel's advice.

Or follow Hermas' advice above. :)

Curtis Slone likes this.
  10. Mike Perazzetti

Thank you all very much. I appreciate all of the encouraging words! I will keep going.

11. UniqueB

UniqueB New Member

I've felt this way for a long time too. My best advice is when you find a method, stick to it until you feel you completely can't do anymore. I've tried several online money making methods, but after hours of trying to comprehend the complexity of it, I gave up. But I think I've found something useful now, (now that I've actually stuck with it). You WILL succeed , as long as you don't fail yourself.

12. Ginger Ratsep

Ginger Ratsep New Member

A good starting point would be to clearly define your ideal customer. Who needs your product? Who would appreciate your product? Are you also looking for business partners? If so, you need to also clearly define this person. Write down either or both descriptions and read them out loud daily with the belief that the right people are coming your way. That's a mind set exercise.

Here are a few questions for you to consider:
    How were you introduced to the product?
    Did you find it in an ad?
    Where was the ad?
    Where do your ideal customers hangout? Online? Forums? Blogs? You have to find them then attract the to you by educating them, not selling them.
    Are you using your vehicle as a rolling billboard with a magnetic ad?
    If you're a tech kind of guy, get started writing and promoting a blog that you can monitize. (There are plenty of places on line where you can learn to build a blog or you can get Blogging for Dummies from Amazon.)
    How can you and your product help solve a problem for your ideal customer?
    How has the product helped you? What's your testimony?
    What's your 45 second elevator presentation? I've listened to a direct sales trainer and she had the perfect response: "I help people (solve whatever problem your product solves) so they can (have piece of mind/do something easier/whatever the results might be).

I've used Craigslist for my business and it is hit and miss. You have to experiment with the different markets. Look at the ads that are posted to see if there are other products like yours being advertised. If not, this may not be the perfect place for you to advertise. Remember, you can't go crazy posting ads on Craigslist because you'll get locked out. Even if you're using different wording, they can track you via your IP address.

Have you tried usfreeads.com? I haven't had a lot of results from this site, but I have had a lot of views on my ads which gives me a better idea of what headlines and ad content work. I also haven't tried it for promoting a specific product. It's free and worth a try.

If you can find a source for targeted leads that might give you the momentum you need to get jump started. It always feels better when you can talk to someone who may already be interested and open to your product. Keep in mind there is a ratio in this numbers game.... 1/3 will not be interested, 1/3 will be broke, 1/3 will be decent contacts.

Above all, remember that you need to build relationships with your customers. Talk to them. Ask them questions. Listen. Listen. Listen.

A direct sales and/or online sales business doesn't happen overnight. Commit to your business and be consistent with it for a year.

Hope some of what I've shared will be helpful. Keep at it. You just need to get those first few customers to get you jump started and motivated

Good luck
    Ginger

13. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

You know why some people hit the lotto, they keep playing and playing and playing. Even if they never hit the "big one" they may hit winners from time to time.

Yes, home business success can be like trying to pick the right numbers for the lotto.

I've found in my network marketing career that success is the product of consistent and effective marketing. You the rep control the consistency. However, often effectiveness comes from those that have been around to learn what works.

With Vodaplex you can approach your prospects from a product or opportunity standpoint. Sometimes you lead with product sometimes you lead with an opportunity to earn additional income. No matter which you do, you will find that success is more than a 45 day process, but the good news is it can be less than a 45 month process...but it's gonna be weeks up weeks to hit that home biz lotto, but know that if others have done it you can too.

Try and find out what the successful are doing and implement the same...with consistent and effective effort!

14. John Passafiume

John Passafiume New Member

Mike,

The one thing that I have done that consistently produces good, high quality leads for me is doing very brief videos on recent product launches.
    Some of these have produced pretty well, others not so much. That's why I have to keep doing them if I want leads to keep coming.

Here are a few tips... just things I've learned on my own or from spending money on other training programs and then piecing things together.

(1) How do I find products to do videos about? Check out http://jvnotifypro.com

(2) I narrate over a handful of powerpoint slides because I want the screen to change several times over the few mintues that I'm talking. Many people are putting out videos just talking over one static screen that never moves. How you present is as important as what you say. Watch a few of my videos and just do what I do in your own voice.

(3) There are several free screen capture video options out there that all work in my experience. I can't support you on any of them, but you should be able to find many tutorials by just Googling or searching on YouTube.

CamStudio.org
    Debut Video Capture Software
    Screencas-o-matic

(4) Name of the video, description, and keywords in your tags are very important.

You can still do the other things that you're already doing and add putting out one or two videos per week. Videos have the power to continue producing over time unlike CraigsList and Forums.

Consistent and persistent is the key.

15. NoWussies

NoWussies New Member

All of the above sounds like great info. My two cents worth is to develop a laser focus on what you want to achieve and why. ie, don't do it for the money, but do it for what the money will buy you. Focus on that. Maybe it's your family who needs you to succeed or you want to travel or live where you choose. These are the types of desires which will allow us to do whatever it takes to make it.

I have spent several years working on the technology tools and then there's always more coming along to learn or not to learn. So now I'm focused on working with a network marketing company who is helping me learn and succeed. I feel I have good mentors and I am available to consult with others if you have questions.

Peace.

16. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

You know I have been feeling a little down today myself. Thank you to everyone that has added their two cents here. It has been very helpful to get me out of my funk. Cheers everyone !!:)

17. Syll Onajobi

Syll Onajobi New Member

I think Mike is right. Don't Quite Until You Find a Way that Works!

18. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Forums and blog comments are amazing, but you must use quality comments that are related to the subject matter. It's worth a shot particularly if you are dealing with technology. There are so many articles and blogs that are open for comments.

payment proof likes this.
  19. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Absolutely agreed Robin. Keeping things relevant is essential. If you don't, it may look like spam to others and to search engines.

20. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

First you need to identify your target market. Next solve their problems through online/offline content. That's how you rise above it.