Discuss Squidoo Here

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by Newbie Shield, Dec 6, 2007.

1. persil

persil New Member

Hey everyone
    When I made my first squidoo lens about mois I really enjoyed doing it and decided to make another about madonna picture discs which I collect (I ended up making two), anyway I wasn't getting any visitors so decided to write an ezine article to try and promote the lenses. My article was published yesterday and is 5th place in google already. My lenses are nowhere but hopefully I will now get some traffic of my article.
    I can't believe how fast it got ranked but i'm really pleased[​IMG]
    I think this shows article are a good way of free marketing.

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: Maybe for Paul Bunyan's kids, eh??
    Lol, I hear that his axe was really just a modified giant Wooden Spoon [​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

3. noshu

noshu New Member

i dont have paypal account as its doesnt work in pakistan.But i have alertpay account which works over here. It meand icant make lens on squidoo?????? please reply right now

4. lauren227nicole

lauren227nicole New Member

I know to try and build a lens a day, but I also want to make sure it is a quality lens, and I am a bit scared I may break one of Squidoo's new rules. How many GOOD lenses and week do you think I can be able to create? Do you think 3 a day is reasonable?

I hope the time and effort pays off! This is seriously a full time job. Or for me it is, at least right now. Between all the blogging, articles, lenses, and everything else, my gosh, I should be getting paid by the hour! [​IMG] No luck yet, but I am working very hard and very diligently!

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

lauren227nicole: How many GOOD lenses and week do you think I can be able to create? Do you think 3 a day is reasonable?
    I don't see why not. Seriously, if you build good quality lenses that are your own and are not about the Taboo subjects they just addressed, you should be fine. Build away!

wow - three a day is a lot if you keep up that pace.[​IMG]

And don't worry, it sounds like you have a plan so just keep at it and soon you should see results.[​IMG]

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Noshu (Lauren227Nicole below),

Noshu: You can make a lens but last I heard you need PayPal to get paid by Squidoo. Maybe their policy has changed recently. Email them if you like.

L&N: I interacted on your lenses and joined your fanclub. I'm the electric guitar avatar.

That depends what you mean by "quality" and it depends upon your skills. Some folks can put out a fairly decent lens in a single day. Some take a week or more for a "quality" lens.

Furthermore, it depends upon what you'll be using your lens for - a backlink to your main site or to make money from the lens. It also depends upon how long the lens will be and if the information right on the lens will be fairly valuable in and of itself or not.

My advice it to either create a lens strictly to drive traffic to your main site that would be very enticing or spend quite a bit more time on the lens to make it a high quality lens that you can make money from.

I probably wouldn't mix the two types unless you have a good reason to do so. With each individual lens, it may be wise to either serve one master or the other.

I don't know if they have a daily max lens limit or not. Have you heard that they do?

Good luck in either case,

~Newbie Shield~

7. SinxDesigns

SinxDesigns New Member

I recently started making lenses first as a way of promoting my zazzle designs and also I am experimenting with trying to earn some commissions just as a hobby really and to improve my SEO skills

8. ErikaAwakening

ErikaAwakening New Member

They do have a daily max lens limit unless you are a Giant Squid, then I think it's waived.

One of the problems as I understand it is that they change their policies about taboo subjects on a regular basis. And they can decide something is "spam" even if it's not based on any objective standard. So what's okay today might get all your lenses locked down next week. For me, that's too risky for any business to have Squidoo as a primary income source.

9. ErikaAwakening

ErikaAwakening New Member

Or maybe it's just a limit on lenses you can start that you haven't yet finished.

10. miller111

miller111 New Member

It is said that today is very difficult to earn with Squidoo. Is it true?

11. I have had a different squidoo lens for years and nothing. I just created a new one, and I must say, I do enjoy making Squidoo lenses. It's quite fun. Maybe if I make a lot of them, things will change.

12. Heidi Schell

Heidi Schell New Member

Nice article! I wrote a couple of lenses last year when I first started, but it was slow going. Your article got me to going again with squidoo:)
    Which one is your lens - so I can rate it.