Do I get paid for advertisement on my lens?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by mbasa, Apr 26, 2011.

1. mbasa

mbasa Member

I just noticed ads on my lens although I did not join any of the ad networks e.g adsense and chitika. Will I still get paid for clicks or sales from these ads?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Squidoo shares a bit of that with you - not much but I get a few bucks every month from mine.[​IMG]

3. weblogger

weblogger New Member

You can select to cash out the money earned from your lens or send it to a charity. I heard sending money to charity gives more exposure to your squidoo lens within squidoo.com but also since the money is too little for blog owners, mostly its wise to use squidoo for blog promotions.

But if you are starting at squidoo and planning to make money try out and see how much a lens can make and scale up..

All the best

4. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

It depends how you set up your account. If you set it up correctly, you will get paid via paypal. I donate all of that part of my lens to charity, so I don't get paid, but I could. My last contribution was $134.00, so it can add up as your lens gain more traffic.

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

robinincarolina: My last contribution was $134.00
    That is very nice of you.

6. gowriter

gowriter Member

Yes. Squidoo is actually the one with the Chitika account, adsense account, etc.

If you've set your lens to get 100% cash, you can earn via PayPal from the ad revenue that Squidoo shares with you if someone clicks on one of those ads.

In fact, here's a good Squidoo Lens that covers that how to make money on Squidoo as a whole. See how this lady did it. It's not my Lens, but I refer to it all the time. http://www.squidoo.com/Make-Money-With-Squidoo-1

7. Merrick8

Merrick8 New Member

Thanks for the link gowriter it seems like it will be very helpful!

8. You really need a lot of traffic on your lens to actually get anything of value. By the time you get money, you should be making money from other monitization efforts on your lens.

9. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I agree, and it takes a lot of effort to get a lot of traffic. And what if after making all that effort, Squidoo decides to delete your lens?

I think it's really best to make a small investment in your own site and monetize and promote that.