Do I need a Landing Page ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by jamess, Apr 18, 2013.

1. jamess

jamess Member

I am newbie in PPC so please guide me two following things:
    What are the two major pay per click services and Do I need a Landing Page ?

2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

There are a number of PPC services. As for a landing page, it can help in some instances. But many people are able to make money without a landing page as well.

3. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Like the one person said there are many ppc networks mainly google adwords.. it would be better if you have a site filled with unique content. Google is looking for that these days. If you are an affiliate it will be hard for you to get an account with adwords as google doesn't l;ike affiliates. Try MSN adcenter as they are less strict and you can direct from the merchant sales page but like I said its better if you have a site..

4. gowriter

gowriter Member

Unless you're willing to spend $1000 - $5000 per month in advertising, I would stay away from promoting via PPC. However, some people have been able to do Facebook advertising relatively cheap. Yes, I do recommend a landing page.

5. whitney black

whitney black Member

You need a landing page to capture email addresses so you can market to them. That will be the heart of your business. :)

6. Bradshaw

Bradshaw New Member

Yes As above I would say a landing page is purely for collecting Targeted emails, apart from that I can't see the benefits!

I personal think landing pages are bad!

7. moneysmartad

moneysmartad New Member

landing page is good if your ads relative to the service which is describe in your landing page. its also increase your quality score in ppc.

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

If you go without a landing page, you will later look back and wish you had. While there are instances where direct clicking can work but that's generally not the longer term and most profitable model.

9. echolocs

echolocs New Member

Landing pages are a requirement for recurring income and to build a relationship with people and contact them on demand.

Think of it as a business card for the internet. Without it they have to remember your website. Unless they bookmark the page or like it on facebook you have just lost to 1billion other webpages. When you collect email addresses you can communicate with your list and build a relationship. When you do send them a marketing e-mail they are inclined to listen will be more inclined to click on the link.

Effective email marketing is a skill and when done well you can make good income from a small focused list. If you want to really learn some advanced landing page techniques I can post a link if people want. If not I will blog about it.

For PPC the best results so far is Facebook, this is for a number of reasons. 1 demographic information - because facebook has so much personal information their ad targeting is so focused and accurate. You can get clicks for as little as a couple of cents.

With Google you have to be very careful, no affiliate links in your ads and they want good content. and to a domain you own. Dont direct link your account will suspended and once you go down that road you are done for. When doing ads for Google it requires relevancy and has to relate eg. Headline - Learn About Facebook Marketing Free eBook on Marketing on Facebook Using Pages ----- website.com/facebookpagesmarketing

This example means your ad relates to the headline and the link goes to a page about facebook marketing. It can go to a landing page but I havent tested with this recently. Send them to a long content page and you will be all right.

I know of a number of people who have had success with Youtube videos but your video title, video filename and keyword tags need to be filled out with a clear description and a link to your website. There are more tips in that but this will give you a good idea of what is required.

Any questions let me know.

florbags likes this.
  10. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Firstly you must have landing page if you intend to advertise your online business using pay per click strategies
    And the most and best PPC service is Adwords and Bing

11. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

You need a blog or a website that links to a landing-page.
    PPC is good but gets expensive!

Note: that landing-pages are not search engine friendly.

12. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I would have to disagree, it depends on how they are done.
    A page on a WordPress site can be a landing page as well.
    But even an old fashioned HTML page can get ranked easy.
    They key is content, not just a lead capture page or sign up form.
    If the landing page is worth indexing the search engines will list it.
    Using a page on a WordPress site will ensure that it gets indexed fast.
    Putting the sign up form in a sidebar is a good way to not get penalized.
    Content is still king when it comes to search engines paying attention.
    My old fashioned HTML pages have 200-500 words of useful content.
    The words don't have to be visually the focus, just readable for SEO.
    A "Call to Action" button or image link can be the focal point.
    Words for SEO, images for people.
    Simple but powerful.

note: images can also be powerful for SEO when using tags and descriptions properly,
    just don't use an image tag or description that says "Click here", use your keywords.

13. hippy

hippy New Member

I agree with echolocs...He brought up a very good point in that you should be VERY careful with your dealings with Google. Once your account has been suspended you "really are done for" and your site may not show up in any Google search (even typing in your domain name into the Google search bar).
    I know because it happened to me about two years ago. I was new to IM and really did not know what I was doing with Adwords. I was naive enough to ignore Google's confusingly techie email warnings regarding my affiliate links and Google just about wiped my site from public view.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    payment proof likes this.
  14. swethacharan

swethacharan New Member

If you going to advertise your business via ppc means you need to have landing page to convert your visitors into buyers or customers.

payment proof likes this.
  15. Sanjay Sharma

Sanjay Sharma New Member

It's door of entrance which play some good role, your entrance point is clean, elegant and attractive then you easily converting visitors into leads and it also creates a right impact on visitors mind.
    http://www.sscsworld.om

16. Akash Agarwal

Akash Agarwal New Member

Landing page is just what it sounds like: it’s the page your website visitors arrive at after clicking on a link. It could be your home page, or any other page in your site.