Do opportunity mailing lists work?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by lifemyway, Dec 6, 2011.

1. lifemyway

lifemyway New Member

Has anyone ever had any success with purchasing opportunity mailing lists to find leads and prospects to join your organization?

I know and believe firmly in the networking process and know it is a face to face business or even phone, if the prospect is out of town but, I am finding my warm market growing increasingly smaller each day and was wondering if buying a list might help?

Your thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks,
    Todd
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Yes. I use them regularly. Just know that there is no magic list, but there are bad list. It often comes with testing. Fact remains that with ANY business its a numbers game.

All business work to put interested targeted prospects in front of their offering...some will, some won't, so what, next.

With a list you can do various things to contact them from direct calling to postcards, to email, to Voice broadcasting, etc. Get the person in front of your presentation and they will either like what they see and move forward (not necessarily immediately, thus building a list for follow up is ideal), or they will not.

A tip on doing paid marketing. Be sure to budget to be able to be consistent. Don't blow all your marketing dollars on a one-hit wonder marketing method.
  3. Mflaclair

Mflaclair New Member

There are lists that are better than others. I would never pay more than .20 cents a name for opportunity seeking lists. You have to understand that these lists are sold many times. You have to separate yourself from the crowd and just start dialing and dialing and do this on a steady basis until you get good at it. Having a good script will also help you with success.

I personally have not used lists in over 2 years. I prefer to generate my own FREE leads online from a number of different ways. The quality of the leads are as good as it gets.

Good Luck!
  4. fchavez

fchavez New Member

Buying lists are a good idea, but just note that in the beginning you are not going to get a good conversion rate.

When calling people it takes practice to be really good at it. You have to be able to connect with the person on the other line. Remember they do not know you and so many people who are not educated correctly think every business opportunity is a scam.

When sending email blasts or even post cards just make sure your have intrigue in your ad without giving them all the details. Just something to spark their interest that will make them want to check your opportunity out. With these types of lists you need to send a good amount out and be consistent with it.

Buying leads can be a great way to share your opportunity, but just note that if you are just starting out buy cheap leads to get some practice.
  5. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I suggest buying LOCAL buying lists. And play up the angle that
    ' You are expanding in the Chicago area".

Also the ROI on postcard marketing is not very high but it can be positive. YOu need quantity to and a quality list to make it work.

But I suggest stay local as people want to feel part of a community and you want to be able to build repore with your leads.

Chris
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Which ever list that you want to promote your offer, you have to know where the leads and sales are coming from. You have to track this so that you know which list is good and which one is bad.

Not every list will make you money.