Do You Ever Feel Like Your Job Is Driving You Crazy?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by FreeCashMan, Mar 23, 2011.

1. FreeCashMan Active Member

Have you ever felt like your job is driving you crazy? Well you may be correct.

Working just any job to make money is not necessarily a good thing. The long term mental damage from working a job you hate, especially in an environment or atmosphere that is no pleasing, for a large portion of your daily hours is setting you up for mental anguish indefinitely, it appears.

"As expected...the unemployed had poorer mental health overall than the employed. But the study also showed that the mental health of the unemployed was comparable or even superior to the mental health of those in poor-quality jobs. In fact, those in the worst jobs experienced the sharpest declines in mental health over time.

As the number of unfavorable working conditions increased, the more the mental health scores declined. The relationship was strong enough that job quality actually predicted subsequent mental health."

--See full article from DailyFinance: http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/careers/bad-job-worse-mental-health-unemployment/19884123/?i cid=sphere_copyright

All the more reason to be serious about generating at least a part-time income from a home business. Most people love it.[IMG]

[Post/link edited - Admin]
  2. Rach72 New Member

Its all about life balance - what is stressful for one is anothers dream job, but even then you need to balance out the workload vs the lifestyle.

Unfavorable working conditions doesn't have to mean sweat shops either. There are people working in accounting, legal, large corporations and small business' who are expected to put up with atrocious conditions. Some might even get paid pretty well, but they sacrifice a too much. Either physically, mentally, ethically or spiritually.

The real tradgedy is that these days they think that they have no other option.
  3. weebitty Member

I would agree with you. family memeber was in a job that was high stress and it took it toll on her big time physically. She has fibromyalsia, has had neck surgery, depression, so I know exactly what you are saying. Your body will show your stress if you don't get it under control and you won't like the results! [IMG] People haven't learned how to handle their stress successfully. That is a major issue.

I have seen it time and time again.
  4. anthony2313 New Member

I hated my job thats why I fired my Boss.

I had enough of working 50 and 60 hours per week
    making a measly $16 hr.

Some people love there Job and don't mine working all
    day every day but wasn't for me.
  5. katereber New Member

Just advice here fellas..

Look for a job that you really like.

A job that fits your characteristics.

Because if you don't like your job,

or not happy with it, it is sure that you feel so crazy.

Good day to all.