do you have allergies?? Some natural ways to help

Discussion in 'Health' started by weebitty, May 10, 2010.

1. weebitty

weebitty Member

since allergy season is upon us I thought I would post this article for some natural ways to help with it. Hope this helps someone on here that maybe surffering. If you try them let us know if they worked for you or not or if you have you own remedys you have tried??

http://www.naturalnews.com/028672_allergies_natural_remedies.html

2. samda

samda Member

If you try them let us know if they worked for you
    Well, well, I am not a test piece. I don't wanna take risks. Just kidding [​IMG]

Good article. But it is more generic. How to get treated for dust allergy? Do you have any idea? I often get this and struggle sometime.

3. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Thanks for the link.. going to show my wife..
    She does TBA, Reflexology, and has a basic Homeopathy kit.. she'll be thrilled to check out this blog.

4. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Thanks for sharing the link. I had severe allergies until I was 22. Oregano Oil worked well in opening up my nasal passages. As far as eye irritation the only thing which worked was staying in doors for the 3 week or so stretch when plants went into bloom.

For whatever reason the allergies stopped when I was an adult.

5. CarrieLyn

CarrieLyn Guest

Hi Wee, great article thanks for posting!

I used to be a daily claritin user until I started taking 1 Tablespoon of raw local honey a day. I no longer have allergies! That and using my netti pot have saved me from months of suffering!

There is a great homeopathic medicine available at any health food store that's made by Boiron called Sabadil. They're simple little tablets that dissolve under your tongue. Whenever I go over to someone's house that has cats or a really dusty house I take this before I visit and never have a problem. It's also safe for kids and MUCH safer than any prescription or OTC pharmaceutical you can find.

Good luck everyone!

6. weebitty

weebitty Member

Thanks for that I will check out the Sabadil. I already take honey in my coffee and I get it from a local bee keeper. I don't suffer from allergies but my oldest daughter does and so does my granddaughter. She has her on over the counter medication. Her eyes gets really bad this time of year too. So maybe this will help her out.

7. chirotrainer

chirotrainer New Member

I like probiotics (good gut bacteria) and fish oil. This is what I use to help my allergies.

I spoke with an allergist last year and he treats about 95% or so of his patients with just probiotics because we have so many antibiotics in our food and the ones we take for bacterial infections our guts are practically clean of beneficial bacteria.

I have heard that 80% of our immunity is from the large intestine. I guess that makes sense because our white blood cells are less than 1% of our total blood volume.

I like the fish oil to "thicken" my cell walls so that the antibodies from the allergen can't puncture my cell wall as easy so that I don't release histamine into my sinus cavities.

Hope that helps.

8. mbasa

mbasa Member

Does anyone know how to treat postnasal drip naturally. I know that mine is caused by dairy and wheat. The medication I use makes me sleepy and would appreciate a natural alternative?