Do You Know The Right People?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by ironoutthegrind, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Hello Everyone, :)

An important key to success is to surround yourself and learn from the right people.

Having the right mentor is crucial to a person’s success and longevity in any business.
    However, this is not enough; you need to put yourself in the right circle of people who can better you and your business.

With whom you associate with will not only determine what you know but how you go about your business. It also will dictate your reputation in an industry or life in general.

You will find that like-minded people associated with like-minded people. Meaning that if you surround yourself with well-respected, positive, high integrity, successful people in your area of business then you will learn from them and most of the time their business colleagues, associates or partners will be of the same caliber.

Now, not all of this just applies to business but to real life as well.

Of course, there’s always the exception to the rule but hopefully you can get my point.

Making money online can be tough but very rewarding. Having the right influences will be a big determination of how much success you have and how long your business lasts. Ultimately, it is up to you and who you are as a person but what you build is influenced by what you have been taught and exposed too.

What are your thoughts on this?????

Hope this helps, :)

Kevin
  2. Just2EZ Moderator

Which is why I hang around this forum, to learn more and share what I know.
    I have had so many wonderful mentors that shared their knowledge.
    Some I paid top dollar for, others were free or in books.
    Earning comes with LEarning!
    MarieA73 likes this.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

It is always a good idea to find a good mentor who will show you the ropes. You just have to put your ego on the side and know that you don't know anything and apply what they teach on a daily basis.

You also want to associate yourself with winners and not losers. If you start an online business, never talk about it with people at your job or at home. If you do I can guarantee you that some of them will laugh at you and try to steal your dream.
  4. payment proof Member

Agreed Kevin. Knowing the right people is essential. And you can get to know the right people by getting yourself out there and networking.
  5. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Very true. Just like one needs to regularly attend Satsangs to progress in spirituality, you need to associate with successful people to become successful. Associate with failures and you are very likely to fail in life, unless of course you are born to lead and succeed.
    MarieA73 and Just2EZ like this.
  6. Teri Chambers New Member

Hello, everyone, I totally agree on having the right mentor. When I first starting back into business for myself, I paid a mentor to teach me the ropes for how to boost my SEO, blog correctly, etc. Although I burned myself out quickly by doing too much (which he warned about), I did eventually settle into my niche area and have used all of his advice along with some I found from free forums to launch my work from home call center company.

Mentors are so important to the growth of any business. Since that time I have also tried to help others overcome by teaching them things I learned along the way as well.
  7. Thanks for sharing Teri. I agree, it is easy to get burned out and that is something you want to avoid. You point out some great advice. :)
  8. Jacq1292 Member

I think your question is an excellent one! Mentors are important and if you have goals in mind, why not have people that can help you to reach that goal. Good advice is priceless! I joined Linkedin not too long ago and made some great connections. That is just one source, but a very good one.
  9. FreeCashMan Active Member

As it is said, Blind leading the blind they both end up in a ditch. One certainly should be mindful of the company they keep for optimum success in business and in life.
  10. westfam11 Member

It is so important to find successful people to hang around with. It is hard, if not impossible to succeed if you hang around people that are negative, put you down, do not understand home business at all. You have to have a mindset to succeed and finding the right people to be around helps that aspect.
  11. Shane1234 New Member

Yes I agree with this. We are social beings by nature, so being surrounded by people is an inevitability to some extent. So it makes sense to surround ourselves around uplifting, good, wise, knowledgeable type of people. The company you keep not only is a reflection of you, but it's also a reflection of the company. Learning from others is a humbling and powerful experience. Great post!
  12. CatherineK Member

Yes I agree, "mentors" are highly beneficial to keep you motivated and in the game at times. Working from home on the internet can be a lovely business at times, so having like minded people around certainly helps a lot there. Plus of course we learn so much more from these conversations.
    As far as training tools and education goes, if you find someone (or company) that can teach and mentor you through what you need, you're half way home, then it's up to you to take action.
    Another point, it can be difficult to "do it alone" because you may not be updated or hear about the latest information which could impact your business AND you won't have the possibilities of joint venture partnerships in the future.
  13. DMalloyMoney Member

Amazing my dad always says its who you know.Like I said im 19 and im new to online money making.Im learning as much as possible im always humble.I just need to meet the right people.I want to make it big so that I can give back and help others.
    MarieA73 likes this.
  14. MarieA73 Member

Certainly, the proper contacts are important, and even more important is NOT BURNING those contacts because they may not be immediately helpful. Like all industries, MLM is a small universe. You will run across the same people time after time, and you will (if you hang around long enough) have a reputation whether you want one or not. Act professionally and cordially at all times to ensure your reputation is what it should be.
  15. DMalloyMoney Member

Thank you so much I want to become very successful.And I want to help as many people as I can.
    MarieA73 likes this.
  16. DMalloyMoney Member

Correct but as of now I'm trying to learn basics so be successful
  17. whitney black Member

Yes, very true you need to surround yourself with like minded people in your "niche" that will life you up and motivate you! This can be the difference that makes you a success.