Do you use Classified ads to advertise?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by recruiter1, Aug 11, 2014.

1. recruiter1

recruiter1 Banned

If so which classified ads website do you recommend I use?

Also which website do you recommended advertising work from home jobs? Jobs website maybe.... can you advertise jobs on this website?

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

For me, it seems like a waste of time.

You would be better off testing all sorts of PAID advertising and then using those that get you real results.

Go with pay per click.

O2F likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I've used a few classified ad websites but not to a great extent. Your ads seem to get buried quickly and really are not seen by many people. Some swear by Craigslist, but even if you follow all the rules, your posts can still get reported and ghosted. I also agree that there are better ways to promote.

4. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

I disagree. I don't use paid advertising of ANY form for any of my sites or for the sites of any of my clients. The only thing I actually pay for is HootSuite because it cuts down on my time since I can schedule lots of posts for lots of people.

The key is learning to position yourself on the right social media sites in order to get the most free traffic...and understand SEO and the recent changes (such as SSL which is ridiculous and spammy guest posts).

Just2EZ likes this.
  5. yahia

yahia Member

Classified ads for a "work from home" thing is not allowed on major classified sites like craig's list and kijiji. But you can use them to collect leads.

You can go like an ad for an event, say it's a seminar, link to a registration page and collect leads, then on the event introduce yourself as a "work from home" person and mention it a few times within your talk, then a the end ask if someone is interested in learning more about your business.

Those who will respond are hot leads.

Then after the event follow up with your list of leads with more info and resources related to your talk, and repeat your offer to let them know more about your business by linking to your business website in your emails.

6. mbasa

mbasa Member

For me, the smaller focused classified sites tend to generate more leads. I haven't had luck with backpages. PM me for the site that I use.

payment proof likes this.
  7. Mazzini Auto

Mazzini Auto Member

How about sticking flyers at the grocery store? Maybe not. Webblogging probably works better than free advertising.
    But you've got to PNG it so that the search engines pick it up. Keyword density is important too.

Has anyone had success with ArticlesBase? Personally, I think it's annoying how they need to approve your writing before loading it up. There's also GitHub.

8. Phil Roskams

Phil Roskams New Member

I use them from time to time but I find other options more beneficial. The problem I find is
    the ads get swallowed up in the crowd. Craigs list worked for me 3-4 years ago but not so good now, although there are people still swearing blind by it.
    Gumtree has produced some good results but you do have to be careful how you word the ad as their not too keen on work from home ads.

payment proof likes this.
  9. Lorraine Pierce

Lorraine Pierce New Member

Well since my biz has two sides, a customer side and biz op side, I can easily put up ads for Dubli offering free membership without getting flagged. But so far, email marketing and facebook has been the most responsive.

10. Newoak

Newoak Member

11. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

What are your tips to keep your posts from getting ghosted? Even if you follow all the rules, sometimes posts will still be flagged.

12. Newoak

Newoak Member

That is a science in itself, At one stage I was making Up to $400 a week from the hundreds of ads I had on there over time. Then one day every one of my ads was deleted. So I had the painful task of learning how to post so my ads wouldn't get deleted.

Its not something I feel like sharing with the world, I am sure you can understand lol

13. Candicelllen

Candicelllen New Member

Just placing an add will get you a few leads, however to build a business you want to be marketing to your target market and provide value. On Facebook you can do some awesome PPC and Retargeting!! Advertise to people who have shown interest in your site already. That way the money you are spending on ads are reaching your Super targeted market.

Video Is also HUGE on Facebook and you can retarget people who have watched your video. Pretty awesome stuff!

payment proof and Newoak like this.
  14. Brian Rooney

Brian Rooney New Member

I highly recommend testing, testing, and testing. Track any and all ads to see where your results are coming from. Be sure to run split-run testing to pin point which ads are working best and why.

15. Jay7

Jay7 New Member

Wondering too if classified ads are effective. I guess we have to try a few and take note of their results.