Does anyone use local newspapers to advertise there website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Newoak, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Newoak

Newoak Member

I was thinking of putting ads in local papers in the classified section for my website, like the cost per week is only like $27.

Has anyone tried this method?

payment proof likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

3. Brian Rooney

Brian Rooney New Member

I've run a few paper classified ads. Looking in to doing it again pretty soon.

Newoak likes this.
  4. payment proof

How were your results if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

5. Brian Rooney

Brian Rooney New Member

It's been quite a while and I don't have the hard numbers any more but we were using the newspaper ads along with billboard ads, online ads, and mobile ads on vehicles. I remember the results being fairly strong. I'll be running some newspaper classifieds again soon for another project I have working.

payment proof likes this.
  6. payment proof

Thanks Brian. I appreciate you responding. I always try to keep an open mind and look for more ways to reach others. :)

7. enjoyworkathome

enjoyworkathome New Member

I tried nationwideadvertising once, but was not working well. Any one can suggest good one?

8. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Don'
    Don't waste your money, just look at the classified section of any major newspaper today, hardly anyone advertises any longer in these dying dinosaur mediums. I have used them all, and back before the internet exploded, USA Today was the hot place to post your classified ads, but this too does not pull like it use to. What worked yesterday does not mean it will work today, never mind tomorrow, so that is what I have learned over the years when it comes to advertising. The old Pennysaver and Thrifty Nickel weekly tabloids use to work best, but most are long gone now. Another indication of a dying industry. Just look at the Yellow Pages, use to be that you had to be there if your competition was, and that cost me a fortune back in the days I had traditional businesses. Check out FREE-ADPLOTTER.com which is online classified system where you post one ad and it goes out to hundreds of sites, that is what I use now.

Success to all,

jeffreysloe likes this.
  9. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

I would not waste my money placing an ad in the classifieds. If you have an interesting/unique idea, concept, niche or product find a writer to do an article on you. This happened to my brother's friend! He makes beer bottle cap table tops. A writer for a local newspaper saw one of his table tops, contacted him, and wrote a nice article about him and his niche. The article included pictures and his website URL. By the way, it didn't cost him any money, only a small amount of time.

Just2EZ and YAGOOFT like this.
  10. Newoak

Newoak Member

Right may be better paying for Online Classified Ads, Thanks.

11. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Not worth it, classified advertising has also died, paid or free, who reads classifieds any longer? Another example of a dying industry, online classifieds. They worked well for years about five years ago, but not any longer.

Success to all,