Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by getagrip, Jun 1, 2008.

1. fatman

fatman New Member

Thanks for the reply. I know it will take time to make money. At first I am not interested in making too much money, but I don't want to lose money either. At the end of the first month, I'll have to pay another $40, which would then be a total of $80. I just hope I can make the money in time to pay for another month.

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi Fatman,
    You should be able to ...
    If you need any help, you can contact me anytime.
    In the WA Forum, my ID is NTC also.
    Have a great day!
    Victoria

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

The big thing is to apply yourself - go over the learning materials and ask as many questions as you can - also spent time in the Wealthy Affiliate forum - it really is a goldmine!

4. fatman

fatman New Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I joined WA last night and am trying to figure things out. I tried putting a link in my signature. Is this the correct way to do it (and also, is this allowed?).

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

6. deutschjoe

deutschjoe New Member

For you people that have been around the block once or twice with Wealthy Affiliate, I have some questions.

But first let me explain my situation so you know why I'm asking these questions.

I'm currently a jobless college student that could really use some additional income. (Can't find any jobs around my small college town.) If I don't get any additional income, I'll still be able to eat and pay the bills, but that's just about it. Additionally, at the end of August, I will be studying abroad outside the United States. I will definitely have access to the Internet while abroad, but I'm not sure how much time I will spend online, if any. (It's one of those things that I won't know until I get settled down into a routine, if you know what I mean.)

Now then, I understand that Wealthy Affiliate won't make me rich overnight, but from what I've read about it, I'm pretty impressed. I do have enough money to spend 40 dollars now and I don't mind diving right into the 8-week course.

However, this is where I have questions. Since I don't have a job and basically have nothing else better to do, I can see myself burning through the 8-week program pretty quickly. If I work at affiliate marketing the way I'm told to several hours a day for days in a row, with average luck and success given that amount of work, is it possible to make at least $100 my first month?

Or, since I am leaving in less than three months with the possibility of spending very little time online after that point until I come back in late December, would you say I would be better to join Wealthy Affiliate then?

Either way, I'm convinced enough that I will work with it when I come back. If everything I've read (including that 9 page thread) is correct, then I should be drug out into the street and shot in the face if I don't do anything with Wealthy Affiliate.

Another question I have is if I started making some type of income right before I left, what would happen when I leave and then stopped working with affiliate marketing? (From what I've learned about affiliate marketing, I'm assuming my income will slowly dwindle.)

Anyway, if somebody could answer my questions, that would be great. Thanks!

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I like your name, deutschjoe - "sprechen sie deutch??"[​IMG]

8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Hey deutschjoe,

I think your question is similar to the question matchbox asked, and if you scroll up to read my previous responses to him, I think your main questions will be answered.

One thing I want to point out about the 8 Week Action Plan is that you do have to take it one week at a time - previously I thought that newbies had access to the entire course at once, but this is not the case. HOWEVER, you do have access to all of the learning materials in the learning center (junior, intermediate, and advanced), and you can go through all of these resources at any time. There is also a BOATLOAD of information in the forum, so there will be plenty to keep you busy! [​IMG] Make sure to stop by the $500 Challenge Section of the forum, as it is a goldmine of information!

One thing I will say that it can actually be very beneficial to not move ahead too quickly with the 8 Week Action Plan. A lot of newbies want to jump into things without taking the time to properly implement affiliate marketing fundamentals, such as researching your target market, and I think taking the entire eight weeks will help you stay focused and not get off track.

You asked if you can make $100 a month in your first month. I think that this is definately possible, as this depends on your efforts and how well you market things, but I don't want to "guarantee" that you will, as there is a learning curve, and success in affiliate marketing takes a little trial and error.

All in all, I think you would really like Wealthy Affiliate, and I think you have a huge advantage in that you have a lot of extra time on your hands. Also, to answer your other question, you will be able to do affiliate marketing anywhere in the world! The one catch is that you will need an internet connection wherever you are at...since you will be marketing products and services online.

Anyway, I hope this answers your questions! [​IMG]

9. VictoriaNTC

Dear deutschjoe,

Some marketers have campaigns and articles that produce income for a long time. Others may have sales for a shorter time.
    In Wealthy Affiliate Learning Center:
    -Junior
    -Advanced
    -Senior
    courses are the same content as the 8 week action plan, and are immediately available.
    I would only go on to the next lesson after feeling comfortable with the lessons you have completed.
    They were written very well and are easy to follow.
    Of course you have plenty of help if you ask![​IMG]
    Have a great day,
    Victoria

10. deutschjoe

deutschjoe New Member

Hi everybody! Thanks for your replies and answering my questions!

Sorry if my post is a bit short compared to the ones above, but it's a bit hard to write a lot in response to pure information. [​IMG] I also should apologize for not reading through Matchbox's posts close enough. At second glance, it seems that both of our situations are more similar than what I first thought.

Now then, since I will only be able to proceed through the 8-week course in "real time," and because I will have a lot of time on my hands (aside from some obligations to family and friends a couple of times throughout the summer), I suppose the best thing for me to do is take everything in the lessons to the Nth degree in addition to talking to people on the forums and looking at the other resources on the site. And keep doing this a lot. Correct? (Sorry for the run on sentence. Writing is not my strong suit, which could be problematic for affiliate marketers, no?)

It's very encouraging to know that $100 my first month is in the realm of possibility! Makes me want to get started right away...

As for my other question, Victoria sort of answered it, I think, so let me clarify.

The country I'm going to this fall, Japan, has the world's strongest Internet infrastructure. In addition, the computer lab in the dorm where I will be staying will be open 24 hours. I also understand that I can access anything on the web from anywhere in the world as long as there is a computer with an Internet connection. (Unless I'm going to some ridiculous place like China.) So, having access to the Internet is not my concern.

My concern is that when I go to Japan, I'm going to be busy doing things other than affiliate marketing. So, what I think is going to happen is that I'm going to be working on this over the summer A LOT, but then, when I go to Japan, I'm going to get wrapped up in doing other things. Basically, the amount of work I'm doing is going to drop from quite a bit to very little even though I will have constant access to the Internet. (However, when I come back at the end of the year, it should pick back up.)

The reason for this, honestly, is because I would like to get out and experience things, talk to people, etc. instead of being cooped up in a computer lab. After all, I would like to actually put the four semesters of Japanese language class I took to good use. [​IMG]

Basically, what will happen when I stop putting work into affiliate marketing? Or what will happen if I only put the bare minimum amount in to keep whatever I started above water? (I read that some people only put in 5 hours a week. I can't see this being a problem, honestly, even if I get out a lot along with the standard class load.)

"Some marketers have campaigns and articles that produce income for a long time. Others may have sales for a shorter time."

So...then it would a good idea to focus my attention primarily on things that would produce income over a longer period of time, given my situation?

"sprechen sie deutch??"

Nein. [​IMG]

The reason I called myself that is because I have a lot of German ancestry on both my mom's side and my dad's side of the family and my last name is German, even though I'm an American that only grew up speaking English. [​IMG]

So, I'm an American with German blood and a German last name that can only speak English and broken Japanese and will live in Japan for four months this fall. Strange, no? [​IMG]

11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Wow...a German American going to Japan - good thing WWII is over! [​IMG]

Actually, I've got an older brother living in Japan - he's been there since about 1994 - he actually considers himself "American Japanese". I also had a roommate who was from Japan - if you run into a guy name "Kosuke" (I think he lives someplace near Kyoto), ask him if he knows a guy named "Keith" from Nebraska - unfortunately, I lost his email address after he gave it to me before he headed back to Japan, so I have no way of contacting him. [​IMG]

Anyway...I think you would be MUCH better off spending your time in Japan NOT in front of a computer learning affiliate marketing, but if you think you will have an extra 5 hours a week - or every other week to spend on affiliate marketing, you will be fine. Just don't miss out on "experiencing" Japan to make an extra buck, but remember that in affiliate marketing, you can set your own hours and work when YOU want.

I hope this answers your question - I had planned to write more, but I think this pretty much covers it! [​IMG]

12. 040107

040107 Member

You could always experience Japan and make money at the same time.[​IMG]

Some ideas to consider...

Blogging about your experiences in Japan.
    - language
    - places of interests
    - rituals, customs, traditions,
    - fashion
    - music
    - food
    - cars
    - games
    - sports
    - etc.

I mean there's a whole bunch of stuff that you could get into that
    would be of interest to other non-Japanese. You could blend
    contextual ads and referral links quite nicely into your blog or site.

You could use social networking sites to drive traffic to your
    blog/site. And from your site, you could build a list by offering free
    materials such as short ebooks or reports.

Take some time and brainstorm...

[​IMG]

13. VictoriaNTC

Dear deutschjoe,

If you only put in a little time here and there, you still are making progress.
    Your work is not going anywhere. It will be there waiting for you, when you want to work at it..
    Nothing will happen except you may progress a little slower.
    At one point, you will be asked in your lessons to choose free vs. paid advertising.
    If you choose Adwords Advertising, you do need to check on your campaigns at least daily.

Shortly after I joined WA, my husband (ex) was became very ill. We have two very active little boys.
    I now am both parents, take care of the home and yard, happy student and run my eBay stores.
    I have not been able to work on my marketing projects nearly as much as I want to (I love working on the internet/marketing).
    Anyway, all is well.
    My website is running itself, my articles are still out there...I try to write an ad or article every day. and spend a little time in the forum, here and at WA.

You will be fine.[​IMG]

If you have any more questions deutschjoe , we are here for you!
    Victoria

14. ilikepie_1

ilikepie_1 New Member

i finally joined wealthy affiliate after wanting to for months. i have no experience, and it seems like theres a lot to learn. im gonna try my best to be successful.

15. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Cool! I hope WA works out well for you and that you learn a lot! [​IMG]

16. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

I'm curious, what type of information does the WA forum have that can't be found here?

I'm new, but seems like there's a lot of experienced wisdom freely shared around this forum.

P.S. for the small town guy with no job:
    ChaCha.com uses Guides to answer simple querries. You get paid $.20 per answer (they say it averages anywhere btwn $4-$10/hour.)

17. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

PennyWise: I'm curious, what type of information does the WA forum have that can't be found here?

To give you the short answer, LOTS. Yes, there is some good information in this forum, and it is great for helping you narrow down which business opportunities are good to pursue, but the focus of this forum is not on affiliate marketing.

The focus of Wealthy Affiliate is to help you learn how to make money with affiliate marketing, and WA offers a lot of step by step guides, learning resources, and useful tools to help you get your affiliate marketing business off the ground and start making a profit.

For example, at Wealthy Affiliate, you can go through the 8 Week Action Plan to learn the basics of affiliate marketing, use Site Rubix to create your first website, use Clickbank research tool to identify hot products on Clickbank, and use the Competition Spy Tool to determine if certain keywords on Google are profitable, and to determine which websites are profitable and which ones are not. These are just a few of the many tools and resources you will find at Wealthy Affiliate.

Of course, one of the main benefits of Wealthy Affiliate is the WA forum, which has some of the best "cutting edge" information you are going to find anywhere on getting an edge in the affiliate marketing world. Here are some threads to check out if you ever decide to join WA:

"Stuck In A Rut..." by Glimmerman, in the General Marketing Discussion

"Been at it 6 months Today" by Bald Eagle, in the General Marketing Discussion

"How The Heck Do You Find Something To Promote" by Thadroe, in The $500 Challenge

"First $200 Day - And Some Advice About ANCHOR TEXT " by Hyderkhan, General Success

These are just a few of the MANY Wealthy Affiliate forum threads that provide very valuable insight, that will undoutedly give you "aha" moments. The last one I mentioned actually helped me see something I had been doing WRONG with article marketing - I probably never would have realized this had I not come accross that thread while "surfing" the WA forums, and that is exactly how WA can give you an edge.

Also, at Wealthy Affiliate, you can interract with other affiliate marketers who are very successful (some of these guys make $500 - $1,000 or more PER DAY), and you can gain valuable insight just by reading the answers they provide to other WA members within the forum. You may find that they answer YOUR questions in the WA forum!

So...there you have it! Wealthy Affiliate is simply one of the best places to learn how to make money with affiliate marketing, and is likely to give you an edge IF you use the resources that are available to you with your membership.

18. VictoriaNTC

Hi deutschjoe,
    I have read a lot of books on writing, especially for the internet.
    You will be just fine as long as you write from your heart.
    I truly believe and enjoy reading sales letters and articles that are a little informal. They have a more genuine feel, like they were written by a real person rather than a hired copywriter.
    The prospects or customers often can read between the lines, and can feel if the author cares or is just selling to whoever he/she can.

You can create a campaign in less than 5 hours with the hopes of it producing income for a long time, yes.
    After your first , they will be easier to build.
    You can create a free blog or website, and write an article whenever you have time, and link to your website, where your affiliate links or products will be sold.
    Then, just add content, and write articles as you can.
    You can work at your own pace..the more time invested, the more exposure and articles and landing pages or websites you will have on the internet.
    Have a great time, whatever path you choose!
    Victoria

19. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

Thank you G.A.G., that's definitely something to keep in mind. Not ready to jump in just yet, though. [​IMG]

Victoria, what all do you try to accomplish in the "campaign" you referred to?

Obviously, having a direction will get one there faster than frolicking around with hope, but any tips?

20. VictoriaNTC

Hi PennyWise,
    Basically, and most importantly I try to add valueable content, help people and attract targeted traffic.
    Helping others is a passion of mine.
    Have a great evening!
    Victoria