Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by getagrip, Jun 1, 2008.

1. RichH

RichH New Member

I have a question.....can anyone tell me what the true difference betwee Profit Lance, Profit Praxis is from WA?

I am looking form "the way" to learn internet marketing so I can mke some decent money on line in affiliate marketing. I get that WA is an education program....so what is Profit Lance and Profit Praxis? Anyone know?

Just don't know what the best thing is to join as I've not joined either WA, Profit Lance or Profit Praxis. I don't want to get burned and find out that I've wasted more money on something that is only "wishful" thinking as far as finding my way to a making money online.

Would sincerely appreciate someone's thoughts!

2. fatman

fatman New Member

Rich, I also responded to your other question. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to. Anyway, there are lots of "learn to make money" sites and ebooks out there. Some are good and some are not quite as good.

I haven't heard of Profit Praxis before, so I can't comment on that. I'm not a member at Profit Lance so I can't really comment too much on that. From what I have heard it is fairly similar to WA though.

When I was looking for a site to join I had it narrowed down to WA and PL. After looking at the two sites, I decided on WA since the site looked a lot more professional...sorry PL guys. [​IMG] The video on the PL homepage looked a bit amateur so I was hesitant, but the WA site looked very professional and the sales page got me.

After joining WA I have had experience with that and I have also read reviews of Profit Lance. PLers can chime in if I miss anything....but there are a few common complaints I hear with PL. One is that the turnkey websites are pretty much useless. I have also heard that there is no PL forum or a way to contact other members, unlike WA where there are WA spaces and a huge forum.

All in all I think they are probably pretty close though. I think the deciding factor would be price. It costs about $100 to get Profit Lance, but that is for life. With WA it is only $40, but that is a monthly fee. Decide what you want. You can stay at WA for two months and learn a lot and still pay less than PL. How much extra content will PL add in the future though? I don't really know which would be best for you...that is for you to decide.

Sorry if this just confused you more, lol. I bet they are both good products, so you can pick which one you think looks better. If you have any more questions about WA or anything, feel free to PM me. Keep us posted on what you decide to do and good luck! [​IMG]

3. RichH

RichH New Member

Hey thank you Fatman for responding yet again[​IMG]...and your responses are highly valued and informative. I appreciate it, so no need to apologize for length or possibly confusing me.

You're right about the "turnkey" websites. I was a dummy and bought into the sales pitch of Duvet Dollars ... don't know if you're familiar with it...but its' the pitch "I make money while I sleep" and when i researched it after I bought it (duh) I couldn't believe the amount of negative feedback on the web about it...it was a scam!!![​IMG]

I didn't lose much money but I was left with nothing...all I got was a website that looked like the same thing that I responded to and it appears that my big money making opportunity was to turn around and send people the same bull**** pitch and hope they bought it. The only thing it did show me is that with the right pitch...people will buy online but I can't do something I don't feel good about and I imagine that I wouldn't stay in business very long if I learned I wasn't helping anyone. That is not the "work from home" , "money making opportunity" I am seeking.

What I do want is to sell other companies products as an affiliate to make money. I know nothing about how to find, select, or promote products nor do I know anything about how to drive traffic to a website.

I am vaguely familiar with terms like Google adsense, and pay per click advertising. I am extremely familiar and proficient with emails. But that's about it.

I don't know about Google adwords, Squidoo, or any of that stuff or what that means in affiliate marketing terms so worried I might not be able to figure things out. Does WA start right from the beginning? Most importantly, will it lay out an action plan and show me EXACTLY what to do and how to do it?

One of the products I thought would be good to try to affiliate market would be vacations.....in other words, see if there are opportunities for me to drive traffic to websites like Expedia, Travelocity etc. and earn a commission when someone books a trip.

Other "products" I've thought might be good would be electronics like Iphones, and video phones etc. They seem to be the way of the future and something that will be as big as cell phones.

Am I thinking correctly?

One last point I want to make ... at least so you'll understand that I understand my mindset to determine if I might be a good match for WA is that I understand that there is no such thing as "EASY" or "Difficult" but rather realistic or unrealistic expectations. When our expectations are realistic, doing a task tends to feel "easy". When they aren't ... doing the same task can feel "difficult". I'm not afraid of working and if I knew what I was doing I could devote far more time than just 5 to 10 hours per week to internet marketing....my guess is more like 20 to 30 hours per week so long as I know that what I am doing is the right thing.

How does all this sound.........now I AM sorry for such a long response [​IMG]

4. fatman

fatman New Member

Woohoo, nice to see somebody else who writes long posts! [​IMG] Sorry to hear about your Duvet Dollars experience. I understand what you mean though. There are a lot of of suspicious looking programs out there and scams. Some things look like garbage and you make money by selling more of that garbage. I don't like that concept either.

You can actually promote anything that you want to though. I always tell people to start with something you are interested. Pick a hobby, then make a blog with 10 posts about it. Since you're interested in the topic, it won't be a problem writing about it. Then you can write articles and get traffic to your blog.

There are TONS of products to promote. Clickbank has digital products to sell. Amazon, Commission Junction, Linkshare, Shareasale and others sell physical products. Many store sites also have their own affiliate programs. If you want to promote Travelocity, then I'm sure that it (or similar sites) have an affiliate program. Iphones and tech stuff are good too. However, you need to focus on research and finding good keywords, otherwise the competition will be very tough.

And yes, WA starts from the beginning. I joined WA without even knowing what "affiliate marketing" or "IM" were. I just knew the site looked good and it said I could make money, lol. I have learned a lot since then and think it is a good program.

I think your last point is the best. As long as you work hard then you'll be able to succeed. You need to be able to put time into it. If I only worked 5 hours a week, there's no way I'd be able to make money. I spend a lot of time doing this. You are also smart thinking that you need to seed realistic goals. If you want to make $5,000 in your first month....you are going to be disappointed. But, if your goal is to make one sale in your first month, that goal is much more attainable.

You seem to be qualified to be a great marketer. I hope it all works out well for you. [​IMG] Good luck with deciding on what you do, and feel free to ask any more questions you might have.

Take care!

PS. As for the IM terms, WA explains everything...but if you want to learn the terms first, then this forum has some great info. [​IMG] Here are just a few things:
    PPC- pay per click....you make ads and pay each time they are clicked
    Google Adwords- the most popular PPC service
    Adsense- you put ads on your sites and get paid when they are viewed/clicked
    Squidoo- a free place to make a web page
    ....Hubpages, Weebly, Blogger, Wordpress are good free options too

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

RichH: I have a question.....can anyone tell me what the true difference betwee Profit Lance, Profit Praxis is from WA?

Just for the record, I think Wealthy Affiliate blows Profit Lance out of the water. PL is just a bunch of tutorials thrown together - there is nothing about it that will give you an "edge" over your competition. WA is more than just a bunch of tutorials - it is a thriving community where members help each other out, share secrets and strategies, encourage one another, and help each other stay on top of the contant changing world of internet marketing. There are people at WA who earn over $1,000 a day, and these people are active in the WA forum, and you can "pick their brains" for help in making your online business successful. I honestly don't think there is a better place to learn how to make money online than Wealthy Affiliate...

6. RichH

RichH New Member

Hey Get a Grip,

Thanks for your opinion. Question for you....on this very page with all the postings there are 4 ads.......www.projectpayday.com, www.hugemoneyfast.com....moneytravelfun.com and www.byoaudio.com/note/c5kpm.

Who is responsible for making these postings? Are these WA members? Or are these scammers boldly invading the Forum area to try to lure buyers of their products? Are they legitimate? Do you recommend any of them?

What is currently the sweetest deal being offered to people interested in joining WA? I was reading one persons review of it and it said sign up through me and receive a Free gift.....another said sign up with me and receive $10 bonus in your pay pal account.

Last question for this post....does WA show me how to set up a paypal account too? I am a complete newbie at this and don't really understand the whole thing.

7. RichH

RichH New Member

P.S. under your posting was a link to watch your video. I tried but the sound was garbled...you might want to check that because it was so hard to listen to I had to skip over it although I'm sure it had some great content.

Will WA show me how to make my own video like yours? Is making one of these videos a standard procedure for members of WA?

How long have you been with WA. I really appreciated your candid review of Profit Lance.

Thanks!

8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Hey Rich,

In regards to the advertisements you are seeing, these are advertisements generated by Google Adsense. Basically, they are generated by specific keywords that the advertisers bid on - only the owner of this forum can block specific URLs from being displayed if he thinks the programs are scams. I really can't give a recommendation about them one way or the other as I haven't reviewed them, but a good place to research scams is to visit the Ripoffreport.com or you can even do a search in this forum to see what kinds of things other people are saying about them. I will say that I tend to avoid programs that advertise "get rich quick" or "easy money", so you will have to use your best judgement.

Having said all of that, I can tell you that Wealthy Affiliate is the real deal, and you will not have to worry about being scammed or ripped off. I've been a Wealthy Affiliate member for a little over two years, and while I can't tell you that you are going to get rich over night, or that you won't have to put in some hard work and effort, or that everyone who joins Wealthy Affiliate "makes it", I will tell you that WA will show you what it takes to make money online, and will provide you with the tools and resources to help you make it happen.

Ok, to answer your other questions:

1. To set up a Paypal account, all you have to do is visit Paypal.com and click on the "Sign Up" link at the top of the screen, then follow the instructions from there.

2. Its up to you if you want to join WA through someone's website to receive their "special offer". WA now has a "Share Zone" where WA members give away free videos, ebooks, and strategies to make money online, so it will be very hard for someone to give you a special offer that you won't find at the WA share zone or that isn't already offered to WA members, so all I can say is use your best judgement.

3. To make my video, I used a software program called Camtasia, which you can get a free 30 day trial for at Camtasia.com. Wealthy Affiliate doesn't really teach video marketing, but it is something that is discussed in the WA forum. That's basically how I got my idea to do a video, and I decided to do what other WA members were doing. That's one of the benefits of WA - even if WA doesn't teach something, you can usually learn about it through other WA members. I've had some of my biggest "lightbulb moments" just by going through the WA forum! [​IMG]

Ok...for the "pings and pops" you hear on my video. For some reason, if you have Adobe Flashplayer 11 installed on your computer, you often hear the "pings and pops" while Camtasia videos are playing. One way of fixing this is to "downgrade" to Flashpalyer 10. If you don't know how to downgrade or don't want to downgrade to watch my video, you can click on the link at the bottom of the video, and you will see a video you can watch about WA on the right hand side of the screen which also gives you a tour of Wealthy Affiliate.

9. arcade

arcade New Member

ilikepie_1: i finally joined wealthy affiliate after wanting to for months. i have no experience, and it seems like theres a lot to learn. im gonna try my best to be successful.

Congrats on starting your journey to success. WA is a fantasic program to get started on. I only started working online a few months now and I've have learn so much just from the forums alone at WA. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck!

Arcade

10. kimtarr

kimtarr New Member

I actually tried WA and quit before I had to pay again. It didn't help me, but that doesn't mean it won't help you. If you have an extra $40, then I say..........try it would for a month. If it does help you earn money....wouldn't it be worth it?

11. woody

woody New Member

Matchbox: tax
    Hi. I found WA just today (December 5) and have just finished reading through all 11 pages in this thread. I will join soon.

I did not see an answer to Matchbox's question (posted 4 Jun 2008 09:08) relating to reporting of income. My understanding is that you should (in the U.S.) file a 1040 Schedule C to report all income derived from IM.

Of course, you can deduct expenses including the monthly $40 and computer expenses and internet expenses. Unfortunately, adding a Schedule C will be a turnoff for some people. It's not too difficult, but it's just another thing that complicates your life.

Most people won't bother reporting the income, but if you do want to avoid an IRS investigation into where your money is coming from, you should file.

12. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

woody: Most people won't bother reporting the income, but if you do want to avoid an IRS investigation into where your money is coming from, you should file.

Yep, that's pretty much the case! The government has to get their money some how...[​IMG]

13. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Yes, and it really is not that hard.

My taxes will be simple compared the one one I had to fill out for my past retail career.
    It is only a form, nothing to stress over.
    Money in money out...

Have a great day!
    Victoria

14. podo

podo New Member

WA IS NOT WORTH WHAT THEY ARE CHARGING. I was a member for a month and the only people really making any money was kyle and carson. AND other WA'ers trying to sell the newbies the "next big thing". Every "helpful post" from members offered advice along with an affiliate link to the next big money maker.

My advice is to search FREE forums for info on IM, its not like WA has some magical info that u cant find elsewhere for free.

Just my opinion.

15. rcal1

rcal1 New Member

I'd have to disagree with pogo...but everyone has a right to their own opinion...

There are a lot of people there that are making a good income, and not just "feeding on the newbies"...

And those helpful posts are most times very helpful....and you are not obligated to signing up to anything, under their affiliate link...

Sure, you can find useful info in free forums...And yes its not magical info, but there is a lot of very useful info there...

Not to mention all the free tools...

And if you get in b4 the price increase, you will see a lot of upgrades to the existing tools...

as well as new stuff coming out to go along with the price increase...

This will make WA a steal at its current price...

16. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

I don't want to go in WA discussion, but just want to say something what's funny and also some facts about WA.

All people who say WA is perfect place and MUST for newbies, are the ones who promote it in their signatures. "Get in before price goes up" [​IMG]. Is it just me, or some people trying to make desperate sales.

Facts about WA: there isn't such thing as personal 1 on 1. Who ever says there is, well...read this: I tested it, just before i left. Was member over 6 months and completed both PPC and article marketing courses. So i asked few questions from Kyle, then Carson. What was the answer? "Can you start 8 week action plan, this will help you. If you have more questions, im here to help". That was it. Can't remember what other answer was, but similar. About 8 week action plan..They even didn't look that i was member over 6 months, completed 8 week action plan and completed 2 paid courses. Sorry, but this doesn't sound like a personal coaching. Sound like a very unprofessional support team. If not, then i don't call this successful marketer or personal mentor/coach

Free tools?

Rapidwriter: useless now, as keyword density is history. You can do very well with MS Word [​IMG].
    Hosting: leave membership and lose your sites. You can get 1 month unlimited hosting for $7. Hostgator
    Free tools: Even my brain can generate better keywords. Competition, keywords..all for free and better in Google.
    Forum: True, great place, but if you don't know Warrior Forum private room (one time fee $37), gives you TONS of more stuff than WA. Even some paid tools, for free, as product owners hang out there. Stuff what you never see anywhere else.

Again, im not going to say, don't join. Do it, if you want. Feel free. But if you look at back in future, and you know more about IM and where to find information. You see it was waste of money.

17. mirab

mirab Member

I agree WA sucks. At least you got a response from Kyle and Carson. I didn't even get any reply.

18. likestowrite

likestowrite New Member

I am a relatively new member of WA.

I have now joined my second 30 day marketing club. The clubs focus on a particular skill and take you through a campaign in 30 days from start to finish with a different task each day that builds on the one before. I signed up for clubs that utilize article writing... they took us through setting up a website, writing articles and submitting them to article directories, getting an adsense account, creating backlinks, etc. It was terrific as it provided step by step instructions and accountability... Also the instructor was available to answer questions via PM or through the forum. WHile I have a ways to go, the system is starting to make sense. I would never have accomplished so much on my own.

When the first one was complete I couldn't wait to join the second one which started today.

I think WA is a great resource. There is a very big learning curve so be prepared to be patient, especially if you, like me, are a beginner.

Celeste

19. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

I can say that I tried wealthy affiliates and I quit it. That was my problem I quit it. Now, I am learning that I can make money with almost any program as long as it has a real product. That was a time in my life where I was trying everything under the sun and got my share of scams. I don't know about everyone but I can say that there is defiantly a learning curve in internet marketing. I learned mine the hard way but I'm not mad. I'm glad that people like you are here to give that mind set.

20. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

Totally with margo on this one...

WF is BY FAR better than WA. Plus, there is so much information for free there that it will boggle your mind. And, they offer the $37 War Room membership for life, which enables you even more depth and insider access. That's where I've learned (and still learn) a lot from. I recommend it hands down.

My advice? $47 a month for a forum is, well, not worth it IMO, but take it for what it's worth.