Does your office decor affect your productivity?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by CubicleBob, Jan 18, 2014.

1. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

I work in a cubicle (when I'm not telecommuting) and have made some enhancements to minimize the grey walls and to brighten up my work space. I've also made some positive improvements to my home office. I feel that these improvements have enhanced my productivity at work and at home.

I would appreciate the input from you on the following questions. I think it might help everyone to hear the responses.
    1. Do you feel that the decor of your office affects your productivity?
    2. If so, how have you decorated your office to enhance that productivity?
    3. What is your favorite office decor enhancement that you have implemented in your home or work office?

eina26 and payment proof like this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

My favorite piece of office decor is also functional. For Christmas, I got a super nice padded office chair. It looks great and it's very comfortable. :)

3. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

I actually purchased a great home office chair about a year ago and it has really been a great addition to my office. In fact, my company recently sprung for a new office chair for me as well. It has great lumbar support and adjustable arm rests.

I'd love to hear from others about items more decor-related that have enhanced your working environment.

4. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

My new office (not an home office) will be up in about another week. I'll chip in when I move in to that :)

5. BoredDoug

BoredDoug New Member

- Do you feel that the decor of your office affects your productivity?
    Yes, I do

- If so, how have you decorated your office to enhance that productivity?
    I have made it bright and light.

- What is your favourite office decor enhancement that you have implemented in your home or work office?My office chair, you spend many hours in it. It needs to be comfortable.
    I hope that this helps?

6. whitney black

whitney black Member

Not necessarily, I feel that my office works very well for me because it's very simple and uncluattered. I keep it clean so that I can focus and work easily.

7. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi,
    I know there is a huge interest in cubicle decor since I have a number of Pinterest boards that concentrate on this topic and they are very popular. Maybe we'll find some others who have more of an interest in office decor.

8. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Yeah, I tend to agree that without organization first, the decor just won't help much. Good luck with the new office setup!

9. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi Doug,
    When you say you have made it bright and light, did you install special lights in your office? I have a sunlight lamp in my cubicle at work and that has helped brighten it up considerably. My home office happens to be next to a slider which really adds a tremendous amount of natural light.
    I wouldn't consider a chair to be an office decor enhancement. It is more of a necessity. I'm looking for ways that you may have made your office more decorative.

10. Texas Lady

Texas Lady New Member

This is a big issue for me! I desperately want to have an uncluttered home office! I'm pretty organized and uncluttered in the rest of our home, but never feel I have time to sort, decide what to toss, what to move where, ie,"de-clutter." It really messes with my ability to focus. It's a relief when I stop long enough to create an open space on my desk. In fairness, we just got home a week ago after a 31 day biz trip, so it's more hectic than usual playing catch up. Anyway, kudos to you.

11. Ash_ash

Ash_ash New Member

My favorite office decor is my cork board! And what made me giddy and up while working are the photos of my dreams and goals posted on it (say, a photo of a beach because I want to have a vacation in that kind of place or a photo of a dashing laptop).

12. ingoglia

ingoglia New Member

I like seeing positive statements hung up and around me when working in my office.

payment proof likes this.
  13. eina26

eina26 New Member

1. Yes I think it affects the decor on my productivity. When it's dull, it doesn't get me focused to work.
    2. There a small plant on my table. They say putting something green refreshes and relaxes your mind. I also make sure my table is organized.
    3. Picture frame of me and my loved ones. :)

14. Vidal

Vidal New Member

I have worked online for quite a few years, and I honestly feel the decor at home has no bearing on your productivity. Sure, it is nice to have a nice work space, but if you love what you are doing and I bolded the word love. If you are focused and have that tunnel vision to me it doesn't matter what your decor is.

payment proof likes this.
  15. Ash_ash

Ash_ash New Member

Ah yes, same here!:)

16. Aaleeyah

Aaleeyah New Member

Yes, Office place plays a vital role in my productivity levels. I also want that my office place, a comfort zone with motivational quotes and pictures and bright place with less space constraints. I have planned to put some decorative vases and motivational quotes around.