Domains to buy!!

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by molinatore, May 10, 2009.

1. molinatore

molinatore New Member

Just want to get something clear,..i am a member of PL program,..and i've been watching the niche videos that he has,..by the way, they are great!,..anyway,..when he uses keywords to find domains,..and then uses godaddy to see if they are available to buy,..so let me get this straight,..you buy the domains to own and use that to sell the product,..i'm kinda lost,..i need someone to explain this more clearly to me,..Thank You!!
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I don't use PL myself but when you go to godaddy you should not have to pay more than ten bucks for a domain name for a year... Actually, you can get the .net or .info ones for cheaper if you are just trying to cloak a link with it...

But yes, you buy the domain and then I believe what they are teaching you there is to use the domain to cloak your affiliate link which is a good idea.

That way you can send people to missedthecall.com instead of something like ghtyriioin4689.hop.clickbank.com which is almost what some of the affiliate links can look like sometimes ... [​IMG]
  3. samda

samda Member

I dont know about PL. But all i know is you register a popular domain name and try to sell it. The value depends upon the trademark and the keyword popularity.

Trademark - If a popular company fails to register its trademark domain you can do so and sell it to them.

Keyword popularity - If a particular keyword is popular you register domains in that niche and try to sell them....

Some famous places to sell are sitepoint.com, digital point forum, sedo and we have tonns....

Sam
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi molinatore,

You can get commissions both from PL and/or from other products of your choosing.

~Newbie Shield~
  5. molinatore

molinatore New Member

Using the websites he has designed for me?
  6. 040107

040107 Member

When you pay to register a domain name, you don't actually own it.[​IMG]

It's more like leasing.

You can register a domain name and then forward the domain name
    to the Profit Lance websites. Most of the time, this can be done within
    the control panel of whatever registrar that you registered your
    domain from.
  7. molinatore

molinatore New Member

Ok,..i see the picture now,..you see i am new to this and trying to absorb all that i can,..i would like to make aliving at this,..putting in a lot of hours ,..reading and being on this great forum,..right now i'm trying to think of a way to create a lens,..with a subject that i could use.
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi molinatore,

I suggest choosing topics that you enjoy. You don't have to know much to make a single page such as a Squidoo lens, but to make a larger site you'll have to know quite a bit more.

So, for larger sites, pick a topic that you both enjoy and will be able to write about for a good year or more.

It's okay if you need to research a bit before you start or if you need to research some of it on the fly. Just make sure you can write more than a small handful of pages before you begin.

To learn more about online marketing, keep reading and interacting on this forum to learn. Read make money online sites. Take the free 30 Day Challenge here:

www.thirtydaychallenge.com

We do have a Squidoo sub forum if you'd like to read what others have said about lenses here:

Squidoo

Feel free to ask questions.

~Newbie Shield~
  9. molinatore

molinatore New Member

Thank You,..Newbie Shield ,..i knew when i found this forum, i found a gold mine!!!
  10. molinatore

molinatore New Member

WOW!!,..thats what i am saying,..thank you Newbie Shield,..i am now on day four of the thirty day challenge,..i have learned a ton. Man i want to make this work,..and i will do what i can to make this work,..and make a living, so i can quit my factory job. My brain is like a sponge now sucking up every information i can get from this great forum,..and more,..so a BIG thanks!!!!