*******DONT QUIT*******

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Viajero Latino, May 16, 2007.

1. Viajero Latino New Member

Hello and congratulations to all you Work At Home (WAH) Enterpreneurs and the ones who would like to be one as well.

This Topic is just for motivation purposes. I want to get you all Hyped up with the Idea that yes this "WAH" environment is real and is fantastic specially for you out there that have been working so hard for a company for so long but it seems you have been in the same place in life since you started.

Dont be afraid to take the next step in your life. Yes its called Work at Home and the word "Work" is there for a reason. you will not make money sitting at the couch doing nothing and waiting for checks to come in.

Fact is that I wont be able to promise you will make Thousands a day by tomorrow the only thing that I promise is that you will fail if you quit!

So DONT QUIT! keep it going untill you reach that goal!

Wishfull Success to everyone!
    God Bless
  2. OnlineMoney24 7 New Member

Viajero Latino - Good thread. I agree with you. Working from home is exactly that, WORK. With most home based business's you have to lay out the foundation before you start making money. What I am trying to say is you need to get educated about the business your invovled in, get educated about the product or service you offer, and also learn how to advertise and market your business.

With this solid foundation, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
  3. Viajero Latino New Member

That is true Online Money. Sometimes you need to spend a little more money and some time to make money.

Some things that are good to do are:

a. If you are a good Writer create a Blog with travel information.

b. email campaigns, they may cost you a little money but its well worth it. I have a friend who does email campaining at a good price. let me know whoever is interested.

c. create your own website as a teaser. works really good also.they are a few websites out there that sell them really cheap.

d. word of mouth never be afraid to tell everyone the business you are in. this is where people lose many oportunities. DONT BE SCARED!

e. DONT QUIT!

Success to all!

Leonardo
  4. talfighel Silver Member

One of the best secrets to business success is to never give up no matter what happens. Everyone gets discouraged at some point or another. Those who keep going are the ones that will see success.

The reason why so many fail at achieving great success is because once the "fall of the horse", they have a hard time climbing back up.

Tal
  5. getagrip Gold Member

It took me around six to nine months and quitting a couple of times before finally making a sale online. Now I'm averaging about $500 a month online - nothing to brag about, but if I had not gotten back up after each failure, I wouldn't be where I'm at today. Also, I think that there is no where to go but up from here - I think I can earn a lot more than $500...thank God I didn't quit permanently.

If you are thinking of quitting, don't! Keep going, because it can pay off in the long haul!
  6. netresult New Member

Getagrip:

I don't believe I have just read your post! Why aren't you making $30,000 a month like your WealthyAffiliateReview proposes?

Because it does not work, that's why!

Are you a glutton for punishment? What is this myth about 'online earning'? You havn't made a bean - take into account your time, electricity, heat and light etc.

You would not have put all this futile effort into a real product, would you? As for Viajero's daft comments, I think flogging a dead MLM horse is more apposite!

Posts like those above really are misleading, misguided rubbish to encourage desperate people to invest in crackpot money making schemes. The pushers of these nonsensical ideas will encourage you not to give up-you do the work, they reap the meagre rewards!

There is a very sensible argument in not wasting time and effort on unrealistic goals. It will take time to find the right opportunity but you will at least have a business of your own. MLM is a scammy con it may work for a few months or a year but there is no substance, nothing that you own and control.
  7. CarolinaConsign New Member

netresult,

Wikipedia's definition of an engineer is, "The creative application of scientific principles to design or develop structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes, or works utilizing them singly or in combination; or to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under specific operating conditions; all as respects an intended function, economics of operation and safety to life and property."

Graham you are looking for results to fit into a scientific format or procedure. I have read your past posts and noticed you went from looking for something to supplement your income to spouting off that everything is a scam and will not work. I work in engineering and have come to the simple conclusion that a majority of engineers; though being smart at what they do, can't grasp anything that doesn't fit into a graph or chart. The opposite of failure is success! Seeing that you are self employed, I would think you be in here posting how to run a business successfully. Instead you use what limited information you have found about different opportunities and post your non-statistical, lack of due diligence, narrow minded thinking. As a business owner how do you get new business? How do you convince people that you are the best for them? Are you the lowest bidder?

Graham, you have looked for 10 years how to make money on the internet. Why don't you post everything you have paid for and when you did it. How long did you do it? What is the ROI? What is the busineess model? Why didn't any of them work?

You Tube was started by 3 former paypal employees in Feburuary of 2005, it sold in December of 2006 for 1.6billion dollars. I bet you those guys are glad they didn't quit. They didn't re-invent the wheel, they just thought bigger than most of us.

Thank God, Thomas Edison didn't quit! In his own words he found how many thousands of ways, not to invent a light bulb? He also said, "Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."

The result of small thinking is failure. Think big, create big, and produce big!

Brian
  8. getagrip Gold Member

Hey netresult,

I have not "mislead" anyone at all - what I did was simply post my online earnings, and made the point that if I had quit, I wouldn't have made any money at all...

As far as my website is concerned, I never claimed to be earning $30,000 a month - what I claimed was that the owners of Wealthy Affiliate DO earn $30,000 a month - actually, I think Carson and Kyle earn more than that.

I'm going to put up more more screen shots of Wealthy Affiliate forum posts on my website from individuals who are earning a good income online - I've read some post of individuals earning $300 a day. In fact, I know of one individual who is earning about $1,500 a day (his name is Travis, and he runs Bummarketingmethod.com). These success stories are NOT myths...

Thomas Edison, by the way, failed over 1,000 times trying to create the lightbulb - but finally he suceeded. What if he had quit and listened to the people said it couldn't be done? Lots of people said going to the moom was "impossible", but looks like they were wrong too...

I understand that you want warn people against scammers, but my point was to encourage people to keep going, rather than quit.
  9. Dave B New Member

Hey WA does work... if you are prepared to work at it...

I don't post up numbers myself...that's between me and my accountant (also me)... but I do IM full time thanks to WA.

I'd would like to ask 'netresult' what he has found successful... somebody else might like to try it.

And I think you don't appreciate that 'getagrip' has worked very hard... but he now has a foundation to grow from. I would not knock an additional $500 / month....

That's a lot to some people and for him it's just the start... from small acorns....

Dave B
  10. netresult New Member

OK, fair comment!

I have worked for myself for 26 years, my income is derived from 2 sources; the majority from contract engineering consultancy the rest from selling industrial steam generators (steam cleaners really).

Why am I looking for an internet business?

I am not too far off retirement, I will have a pension but not that large. The main reason though is that through my bad management and lack of foresight I allowed myself to rely on one large UK based engineering group to feed me most of my work.

Unfortunately, without warning (so I thought) the company called in the receivers and instantly stopped trading - overnight 75% of my income disappeared. Worse though was the fact that they owed me a very large sum of money which has been written off.

I am now having to work all over the UK and Europe, leaving me little time for the steam generators. Because of my losses I am virtually having to start again. I could rely on the steam generators but that entails a great deal of traveling and is highly dependent on face to face demonstration. Having said that I found ebay a good medium to sell the smaller machines.

The obvious course, so I thought, is to start an internet business which would also pay my pension. To my despair I have found on investigation a common thread of scams, false promises and outrageous lying. In the initial stages I was totally seduced by the ludicrous claims of huge incomes in miniscule timescales! The worst aspect is the pyramid schemes that are just out to fleece decent people without any conscious on their part - PassportToWealth being the worst. When I challenged the claims to one of their members I was met with a tirade or personal abuse.

Netresult, I was not saying that YOU were deceiving anybody but I think the claims of your link are, to say the least, incredible.

I'm sorry I see no evidence that convinces me otherwise.

One shining beacon in all this gloom is the internet's best tutorial by far - Profit Lance. I took a bit of convincing, I am working through it and I LOVE IT!!
  11. Dave B New Member

Those are not claims but simple sums... if you can get that many people to sign up to WA then that's the result... Is it possible though?

To me that's irrelevant and not really the point of WA. WA teaches you how to market...NOT in the 'make money online' niche but in all the tens of thousands of others that are far more lucrative and less competitve...

'get rid of acne for your wedding day'
    'beat the smoking bans'
    'hey! these purses are real hot just now'

Sure you can enter the endless loop of learning how to 'make money online' by ...errrr... promoting other products that tell people how to 'make money online' ... but that ain't a business foundation IMO.

Dave B
  12. netresult New Member

I'm sorry....I don't understand your answer.
  13. CarolinaConsign New Member

netresult,

Quoting: netresultWhy am I looking for an internet business?

I would like to ask you some questions about industrial steam generators.
    Send me an email. You can find my contact information in my link.

Brian
  14. makemoneyonline New Member

I love this thread. I think its very important not to give up. No matter what. If you REALLY want to make a living from home, then don't give up. Yes, it can be frusterating at times, and it may be a while before you see any results from the amount of effort you put in, but its worth it in the end if you just stick with it, and work really hard.
  15. getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: netresultI was not saying that YOU were deceiving anybody but I think the claims of your link are, to say the least, incredible.

I'm sorry I see no evidence that convinces me otherwise.

One shining beacon in all this gloom is the internet's best tutorial by far - Profit Lance

So you think the claims on my website are "incredible", and that you see no evidence to convince you otherwise, eh?

Well...you purchased Profit Lance, right? Scroll down to the part of the Profit Lance website that states, "Now that we have got this clear, if you are seriously and realistically looking to make from $300 - $1000 recurring income per day with real long term internet marketing skills then this is probably the most important message you will ever read ... so pay close attention."

The Profit Lance website makes THE SAME CLAIMS as my website! If you do the math, $300 - $1,000 a day is $9,000 to $30,000 PER MONTH! If you scroll down further, the numbers are actually larger than that. If you don't believe those claims from Profit Lance, then you better ask for a refund...[IMG]

And for the record....for those who do not understand how it is possible to earn $30,000 a month, my website makes a very clear mathematical breakdown of how this is possible. It won't happen over night, and it won't be easy, but its definately possible.

I've got a buddy who earns $500 a day online ($15,000 a month). Do you know what? There was a point when he was earning less than $100 a MONTH, but it looks like things changed...BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GIVE UP!
  16. netresult New Member

Getagrip - Possible, but HIGHLY improbable!

You're not earning it , are you? So why peddle drivel you can't substantiate?

PL is a tutorial, not a shallow scheme. There is money to be made using affiliates, Adwords and Adsense etc but Mike is teaching us to do it on OUR terms. I just wish I could crack the code, but I am sure it is there. But these guys you promote are just parasites - the old saying 'If it sounds too good to be true - then it is!'

I know you have to defend your link. Look, these guys leech off the likes of you and me, I think they are despicable.

You have invested your hard earned cash on their deceitful garbage, but why bother? They couldn't care a cuss about you!

Anyway....we'll never agree so lets leave it at that.
  17. getagrip Gold Member

Hey Netresult,

What kind of evidence do you have the Wealthy Affiliate is a "shallow scheme"? Are you basing that off personal experience, or just speculation?

How do you know these guys "couldn't care a cuss" about me? What you don't know is that they have been helping me for over a year now, and have helped lots of other people too. You'd know that if you took a look inside the Wealthy Affiliate members area and have seen all the testimonials...but since you haven't done that, everything you've stated above is irrelevant.

Here's another thing that I bet you didn't know: I've purchased Profit Lance, and there was something I noticed right away after gaining access to the PL members area: the layout looks just like Wealthy Affiliate members area - it was pretty obvious that the layout had been copied from Wealthy Affiliate.

You know what else? There are several PL website templates that appeared to have been COPIED from the ones I have access to at Wealthy Affiliate.

For example, check out this website from PL (please note these are not affiliate links):

www.NetSalaries.com

Now compare it to one from Wealthy Affiliate:

www.TheWealthyPages.com

Do you know which one came out first? TheWealthyPages.com!

The guy from Profit Lance is obviously getting his inspiration from Wealthy Affiliate!

Here's another thing I discoverd about Profit Lance: I was able to find several sections that appeared to have reproduced from other sources on the internet. For example, the Profit Lance sections on SEO Tactics and Info Products matched other internet sources word for word - and you can verify all of this. Just copy a line of text from the SEO Tactics section or Info Products sections, put it in quotes, and do a search on Google - you will see the websites I'm referring to.

You can bash Wealthy Affiliate all you want, but the fact of the matter is that you really have no basis for anything you are saying against it - there is a difference between speculation and fact. The funny thing is that Wealthy Affiliate, the program you are bashing, has served as a blue print for the program you are in love with.
  18. Dave B New Member

Quoting: netresultThere is money to be made using affiliates, Adwords and Adsense etc but Mike is teaching us to do it on OUR terms. I just wish I could crack the code

Let us know when you do... doesn't he teach that bit BTW? Pretty important I'd say. [IMG]

Getagrip and scores of others in WA have already cracked it but if it's not for you, it's not for you.

Dave B
  19. gravell69 New Member

Quoting: netresultPL is a tutorial, not a shallow scheme. There is money to be made using affiliates, Adwords and Adsense etc but Mike is teaching us to do it on OUR terms. I just wish I could crack the code,

I just had to jump in on this and give my 2 cents.

Hello neresult I'm Larry and I'm a newbie at Wealthy Affiliate, I just finished my 7th week here and as you may have guessed I haven't made 1 penny.

Why do I tell you this? Because I didn't sign up to WA "to get rich quick" it was never presented that way.

I joined for the education so that I might learn the proper technics of Internet Marketing (I say again might learn) that's because not everyone has the paitence to learn IM.

You have to have a burning desire to learn at your own pace and to stay with it failure after failure, until you can succeed.

Education of any kind that gives you the opportunity to work for yourself at a cost of $30.00 month! Priceless!!!

You said "I just wish I could crack the code"? There isn't some magic code that needs to be cracked other than using the education provided at WA.

getagrip, makemoneyonline, and Dave B are not here to scam you, however they would be more than willing to assist you. That kind of commitment is what you will find as a WA Member.

In closing you are obviously a very well educated person, so why would you assume that WA is a scam without doing your research to find out one way or the other.

I spent 2 1/2 months researching all the various oppotunities out there for IM. I read forums like this one to help research the different products. In the end I saw one stand alone service.

Yeah you guessed it WA, I don't claim to be an expert/guru or any such thing. I just did my research and for me WA offered what the others don't affordable, ongoing education.

Regards and Best of Luck
    gravell69
    Larry
  20. gravell69 New Member

I need to UPDATE this as advised by getagrip!!!

Hello neresult I'm Larry and I'm a newbie at Wealthy Affiliate, I just finished my 7th week here and as you may have guessed I haven't made 1 penny.

Well today I made my first of many sales it's only "$14.00" but damn it's "the sweetest $14.00 sale "