Don't rely on Google!

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by ironoutthegrind, Mar 19, 2013.

1. stickerfart.com

stickerfart.com New Member

This is true that google isn't everything. We use a variety of tactics and have varied success. The bottom line though is that everyone uses google. Most browsers are set to google, most people don't say "search the internet" they say "Google it". I would compare it to a small business only having one big customer. If that customer backs out and they represent 80% of your sales you are out of business. The same is true for your online business - if 80% of your traffic is from your 1st page rank in Google and they make the changes that everyone is discussing here you are out of online business.

Moral of the story from my viewpoint is diversify!

Anders J likes this.
  2. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Agreed,

It has happened to me several times because Google changes the game rules constantly, penquin, panda, gorilla, who knows what is next, but you have to have more than one strategy to get traffic to your websites. Outside of the few times I was knocked off first page, I have managed to get back with the newest SEO strategies, but it took weeks of hard work to do it. It is no longer easy to stay on first page, never mind top five listings for organic search results for my specific keywords.

Having been in this battle with Google for years, I too added many other strategies to generate continued traffic to my websites. Like many have learned, if Google is your only source of traffic, they can pull the carpet out from under you in a heartbeat and your income stops cold as it has happened to me. The more strategies you use, the better, just as I have learned, the more business opportunties you promote, the lessor the chance is of losing your income. Multiple income streams has been my strategy for years, and it works without as much work as it was focusing on just one search engine like Google, or one business opportunity. Multiple traffic generation strategies produces multiple income streams, and I like that best of all.

Success to all,

Anders J likes this.
  3. Anders J

Anders J Member

Going for Google only is not good for your business. Your target market is not only in Googles search engine and fighting for page 1 can take a whole lot of time before you get there.

If you are not there and giving value where the target market is then you are leaving cash on the table for others to take.

Also Google values your connections to social media and so forth for the ranking.

4. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

Wise words. I am more interested now in what will get you sandboxed on Google than what will get you on the first page. The key now seems to be staying on Google at all!

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am back into social media and relationship marketing, since the zoo animals got me a few years ago, but I know Robin with Pajama Affiliates incorporates a lot of social media into her marketing strategies now for affiliate marketing with great results.

6. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member