Don't skip out on offline marketing!

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by kailo, Jun 27, 2011.

1. kailo

kailo New Member

Too many people are so focused on marketing on Facebook, Twitter, forums, MySpace, etc. that they forget about the basic old school techniques of offline marketing.

I have recently started using post-it notes and placed them wherever I am heading out to. You don't necessarily have to go out of your way to do this.

For example, posting them in supermarkets while doing grocery shopping, post them on gas pumps while filling up gas, etc.

I have gotten leads from my local area which tells me this is working. You're not always by the computer so why not market outside as well?
  2. Drmfitz

Drmfitz New Member

nice. i did this exact same thing in the late 90's and had success. when i started making more money, i then moved into road-side signs. the "sign police" took many down, bu we learned to place them high and in difficult spots to reach and also had local success. when i was completely broke and starting out, i called businesses when they were closed and left voice messages as well as used the white pages. desperate? much was at stake and these items led to making my first million in under 2 years from zero...[​IMG] nice post! Dr. Mike
  3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

You are on point, and a little post-it note is a nice feature. I heard of others doing that.

Offline and online marketing combine is ultimately what one wants to have for maximum success. Like at how the big corps do it and replicate in your own small business.

Some 5 figure home business income earners are completely into off-line strategies.

Either way consistency, and effective marketing will result in success.
  4. JackDProvost

JackDProvost New Member

I am getting tremendous leads using facebook! But in the same thought you are 100% correct we are not always next to our computer and some times word of mouth can be huge! I am doing offline advertising as well and it is working! Not tons of leads but leads are leads no matter if it is 1 or 2 or 1300 leads are all leads and can be potential buyers or team members [​IMG]

Depending on the field you are in. Great Post Kailo!
  5. kailo

kailo New Member

Thanks!!

People look at me funny when I get caught posting post-it's hahahaha

Can't wait for my drop cards to come in the mail!!! I will be using them a lot!
  6. cwhiteco

cwhiteco New Member

I think a lot of people take for granted marketing offline, I've been marketing offline for over 20 years, and do quiet well. It's great today, because today you can combine the online world with the offline world.

In particular postcards and magazine advertising. Offline is effective because there is less competition there. Yet, it's right there in front of everybody, but most people are enamored with the Internet. There are several marketers that I know of that consider offline marketing strategies their "Secret Weapon." Hope that helps.
  7. mikelikesmlm

mikelikesmlm New Member

This is a great thread. Keep it coming!

Mike
  8. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Definitely a good idea and a reminder that this is what this forum is all about. Sharing tips and experiences. Thanks kailo!

In one of Jim Kuckral's books, it is written, attention=revenue!
  9. weebitty

weebitty Member

Great idea and thanks for sharing it. It is great to have forums like this and others that help in alot of different ways. Sharing ideas, giving tips and advice. But I think the most important would be that you don't get scammed. You can come on a forum and ask about a particular business you are thinking about getting into and maybe find out the good, bad, or ugly. It is a great way to do part of your research. [​IMG]
  10. amberjones1986

amberjones1986 New Member

I LOVE offline marketing. It will for sure get your phone ringing quick. I have used post-it notes and drop cards, a little method called dial and ditch and I would like to tap into band-it signs.

Thanks for your opinion on the offline marketing. Always good to have both online and offline.