E-Mail List Building-How To Build Your First List

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wrlawrence, Sep 10, 2010.

1. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

E-mail list building shows you why and how to set up you internet marketing for online business using attraction marketing principles.

To survive long term in internet marketing you must understand

1. Why you should build a list.
    2. How to build a list on a shoestring budget.
    If you are going to market you business online you need to understand attraction marketing on how to attract leads to your business. People need to view you as an expert that has solutions to their problems.

So your first step would be to provide a web on content that adds value that leads to targeted visitors to your business. You content can be in the form of a website, blog, articles and forums showing expertise on your business. You need your written content to be found on the first pages of the major search engines. Very little traffic gets to you if you are listed past the first page. That is why it???‚¬?„?s so important to understand how to write keyword focus content pages and getting links to your content. You will find many articles out there like this on how to build a website, blog and write articles. You need a place to send your targeted traffic to that captures their names and e-mails with a contact form.

Your content should interest your targeted audience and you should exchange something of value such as a free e-book or how to video for them to fill out a contact form on your website or blog that will capture their name and e-mail. Now you are on your way to building a list.

So you have a few names on your list from your contact forms now what do you do. You need to send regular e-mails to your list that will allow you to build a relationship with your targeted list. People will buy from you if they trust. If your send your list e-mails that adds further value by providing free information, you will be gaining trust and viewed as an expert.

E-mails will allow you to send your message to a large group of people who have an interest in what you have to say.

The benefits of learning how to attract leads to you on the internet would be.
    1. Your leads know a lot about you before you???‚¬?„?re ever talk to them.
    2. They may even call you first.
    3. They have benefited from the relationship before you talk with them and trust has been built.
    4. They have already decided they like you.
    5. Allows you to continue to provide value through e-mails that allows building more trust and purchases and whatever you recommend.
    Once your list has been built to a few people, I would find an e-mail service with an auto-responder that allows you to send timely messages to your list to cut down your time. This will allow you to send your messages to lots of people on your list in a timely matter. This is a must for e-mail list building.

Imagine a list of 100,000 that purchases items or services you recommend because you have offered value first and built relationships. It takes time to build a business. So why not learn the right way to do it. Good luck in your list building.

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Building an opt in list of targeted subscribers is very important to any business that is online. If you are not capturing your visitors onto your list, you are leaving money on the table.

You must build a list of targeted subscribers in order to strive online.

3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

The right list for the right offers does pay. Autoresponders are an online marketers best friend.

4. cjmo75

cjmo75 Guest

The money is indeed in the list. In fact, I'm proud to announce that I had my very first $500 day with clickbank yesterday. I sent out a broadcast to my list and made 11 commissions!

However, I only send out maybe one broadcast per week. I also send out 2 or 3 regular emails to my list every week but those contain oure content or free items to ply my leads a little bit!

5. 4pointgroup

4pointgroup New Member

I think to though that though an email list is good and joining mass email programs and there are free ones out there they seem to take a massive amount of time to use.

1. You need to dedicate time to check out the other ads or you cant send

2. You can only send a certain number of times per month

This is for a free member and I am assuming that is would be similar if you are a paid member. My question is though it is invaluable to have a list to email, how do you do it without having to commit 4hrs a day to it?

My website is generic and will not rate high on the search engines and nor can it be altered. My only real option is to use these forums and hope that helps some.

6. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

Hi Belinda,
    Thats why you should make your own website and link your generic site to it. I use SBI (Site Build It) and create my own list from my SBI site. I do not buy leads or list. My leads are fresh and free to me. They already know who I am when they get my e-mail or phone call and yes, sometimes they call me. I sponserd 5 people in 7 days this past week thanks to SBI.

Good Luck!

Bill

7. 4pointgroup

4pointgroup New Member

Bill that is great idea but I will have to run it past the bosses of the corporation first... one lady created a presentation similar to what they already use and is in huge trouble because it is against policy to not to use their methods.

It is a bad company to promote but it does have a great team to help you build and a great product range. So I guess I am going to be rely on the members to get me up and running.[​IMG]

8. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

Belinda,

You don't have to copy you companies presenatation but do a off shoot and link to your company site. Your main theme on your site that belongs to you could be like online marketing training for home based businesses. I know some companies do not allow this and its to bad. They are missing the boat.

Bill

9. webspider20

webspider20 New Member

I recently put an optin page on a site and the response if great. I have been averaging around 10 subs per day.

10. cjmo75

cjmo75 Guest

Fantastic advice for a newbie and even some good stuff for a pro in there. If you heed this info, it won't be long before you're on the track to raking in a lot of leads. It's also important to think outside the box as well.

11. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

I have found that the easiest way to build a list is through free traffic exchanges. It has been so simple, and all you need to do is setup a squeeze page offering a free report on making money online, in return for their email address. There are a lot of newbies out there that are struggling to get started, and they will glady give you their email address in return for some money making information.

12. ReportKing

ReportKing New Member

I agree you absolutely have to build a list iof you want to make any kind of real money in Internet Marketing. I put it off for a long time, but once I started to build one I didn't regret it at all.

13. kailo

kailo New Member

webspider20

10 subscribers per day is not bad at all! Do you use YouTube to market? I am going to try that to see if I can increase opt-in rate.

14. koolgizmo

koolgizmo New Member

To me building a list is the best way to build your business. At the moment I am averaging about 2-3 subscribers per day. hopefully soon I can increase the flow of traffic to my website and bring it up to 10. And remember be good to your list and they will return the favor.

15. Greatwoman

Greatwoman New Member

Thanks for the tips. I will be checking that out too.

16. Stephen Karanja

Stephen Karanja New Member

Money is in the list. It has been repeated a 1000 times. And, I believe it is 10,000 times true. If you have a list and you have built good relations with the subscribers you can weather every financial crisis. The list is your golden asset and you should always treat it well.

However, the problem is how to build one? I have attempted to build one many times but I always failed. The reason is simple, I did not know how to do it. Until I learned how to do three basic things.

1. An offer - could be free or money making.
    2. A squeeze page - to capture email and name
    3. Traffic

You need all three to be successful but number 3 (Traffic) is crucial. You can have an attractive offer and a beuatiful squeeze page but without traffic you will not get any opt-ins. To succeed one must know how to drive traffic to the squueze page and sell something in order to recoup advertising costs. That brings me to mistake number one newbies make. They think that traffic is free. The truth of the matter is that the best traffic you can ever get is paid for traffic. So if you are ready to spend some money on advertising you will be able to build the list quickly and with the right prospects. You want prospects who will buy and not just filling the autoresponder with subscribers who are not ready to spend their money on your offers. The quality of the subscribers is important. However, that does not mean that free traffic is always bad. In the beginning you will not be able to attract quality free traffic thus paid for traffic is the easiest for building a list initially.

One can lear these basic techniques from a mentoring program because it helps reduce the learning curve.

17. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Couldn't have said it better myself! List building is one of my favorite parts of Internet Marketing. It's always somewhat of a challenge and the better I become at it the more I can incorporate it into my teachings.

18. Adrian

Adrian Member

Building a targeted Email List is the best way to go. But you must build a solid relationship with that list FIRST. The truth is that people only do business with people that they Know,Like and Trust. Once anyone gets these core fundamentals down,they will have no problem becoming a successful online marketer.

19. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

If you take the time to invest in list building, the payoff down the road can be tremendous. You can compare having a responsive list to owning a private goldmine that you can tap into whenever you need.

A list also gives you access to a great community for testing promotional and product ideas and getting immediate feedback from interested and qualified people in your niche. A simple survey or test email can reveal valuable and useful data for next to no cost, in only a matter of hours or days.

Whereas, if you went the traditional route and commissioned a feasibility study, it could end up costing you an arm and a leg, and probably take weeks to find out the same information.

A responsive list that's built on trust, respect and value, gives you the flexibility to ask all kinds of "what if" questions, get immediate answers and adapt your marketing strategy in virtual real time. Your business can be as agile as a jet ski in the water, compared to a lumbering cruise ship.

You'll have the ability to:
    • respond to market trends quickly
    • get products launched ahead of the competition
    • avoid the red tape required to get things moving
    • make quick readjustments when necessary
    You'll be able to accomplish all this and more for pennies on the dollar, and leverage it to yield a significantly high percentage return on investment.

Hermas

20. jamess

jamess Member

This is interesting guide about list building. List building is a important part of any business . There are many benefits of list building like More Sales , Building Relationships etc..