E-mail marketing question

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by secret101, Jul 27, 2011.

1. secret101 New Member

What system is the best for mass e-mail marketing, If the leads are opt in is it legal to blast. What type of success or traffic can be driven from this. Any advise is appreciated as I am fairly new to online marketing.
  2. A8ch Gold Member

secret101: What system is the best for mass e-mail marketing...
    If by system you mean email marketing software, then Aweber and GetResponse are two of the most popular names in that market today.

secret101: If the leads are opt in is it legal to blast.
    If the leads are opt in it is legal to blast, but you still need to be smart and not upset your subscribers by over doing it.

secret101: What type of success or traffic can be driven from this.
    Phenomenal success and motivated traffic. Of course you've got to cultivate the kind of relationship with your list that will make that possible.

Hermas
  3. FreeCashMan Active Member

I've recently gotten into bulk emailing. You need to set up emailing software on a hosting account. This cannot be a main hosting account, but a "throw away" account. All the list may have been obtained with legal optins there will be bad emails that bounce back that will be one issue.

Additionally, make sure the software you use allows sending of emails at a control rate. Many of the shared hosting services don't allow more than 500 emails an hour. I've found that getting VPS with a dedicated ip address may be a better way to go, but I know of someone bulk mailing that doesn't have one. I'm looking into trying a Budget VPS, as they are not expensive.

Anyhow bulk emailing like voice broadcasting are great mass marketing tools that have proven to deliver results.
  4. talfighel Silver Member

There are some high subscribers websites that will allow you to buy a spot in their newsletter. So if you send your offer to 100,000, you surely will get a good amount of sales depending your product conversion rate.

The leads need to be either single or double opt in leads.
  5. secret101 New Member

Can you give any recommendations of companies. I have a million opt in leads that were given to me and want to start the process. Also for broadcasting who do you suggest. Thanks for all your help!!!
  6. secret101 New Member

BTW I know about Aweber
  7. Just2EZ Gold Member

secret101: I have a million opt in leads that were given to me
    Careful with those, not only are they probably used,
    most likely half will say they never opted in, even if they did.
    Better to generate a few fresh leads than risk your reputation.
    Or your business even under the CanSpam laws.
    (They should have named it Can't Spam)[IMG]
  8. FreeCashMan Active Member

I'd have to add that I would suggest probably chalking up that million email list as a lost. I would not send to a list like that even if they have ip address and opt-in proof data.

I'm completing info on a bulk friendly email hosting service. I'll send you a PM when I have things ready to go. I have software I'm using know, Jmailerpro but working on improving somethings (hopefully).
  9. mogulmedia New Member

Yeah use Aweber/Get response to build a list that actually opted in to your offer/newsletter.

Stolen or bought or given lists are of no value. They may have opted in somewhere but not to your list they didn't, therefore that is blackhat and illegal.
  10. mreese601 Member

The best email company that I have found is aweber.