Earn money with a website

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by merline, Feb 3, 2010.

1. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Bluecash: The best way to make money with a website is through niche website building. This is something I have learned within the last six months and saw a world of difference with traffic and $$$ once I caught on to how it's done.
    Same here ... and the possibilites are ENDLESS! You can make money with a simple wordpress blog hosted on something like hostgator.

Tip: Find a niche within a niche and you will get way better organic traffic.

For example, instead of building your site around outdoor storage sheds, narrow it down to a SPECIFIC brand of outdoor storage shed... or if you want to write about pet care, narrow it down to foul breath in dogs.... or something like that, but I am sure you get the drift.[IMG]
  2. wealthgood New Member

Definitely right mountainmom! When you zero in on a niche within a niche, it's not too hard to get to the first few pages of a search.

One particular example I had experienced is using the specific brand or a specialized niche. Like instead of simply building a site on skin care products, i did one particularly on acne treatment. And using the specific brand landed me on the first page. [IMG]
  3. DSingh New Member

Google adsense for a start, then once your traffic increases you can contact companies to advertise on your website for a monthly fee
  4. j11_cook New Member

wealthgood: One particular example I had experienced is using the specific brand or a specialized niche. Like instead of simply building a site on skin care products, i did one particularly on acne treatment.
    After doing some research recently on hot niche markets, acne turned up to be one of them.
  5. echolian New Member

Find a niche that has a lot of potential (this can be challenging) and build a site around it. The more interested you are in the topic, the better, as you will enjoy writing articles about it. Once you have it up and running, then you need to promote it.

Of course, there's more to it, but that's the general idea of a method that many people with websites use.
  6. prohomeworker New Member

May sound simple but just selling products (your own is best) works a treat... If its a product people want... [IMG]
  7. 4pointgroup New Member

Ok I am also new and I am reading through this post and what I am understanding is that I need to get traffic to get my site running and I also need to spend a lot more than 1 hr per day on it.

I was trying to spend 1hr per day on building it with different things like forums and finding some websites to link to.

I have also added 2 pages of affiliates onto it - one for Australia/NZ and one for America. Neither are bringing in any money for me though at this stage.

I guess it is back to the grindstone and do a lot more hrs that I really don't have, but thanks for these ideas. It made me realise how much I have missed when it comes to running a website.

Quick Question though - Is it worth putting my name in a stack of directories or is that an outdated method?
  8. catevanne New Member

A8ch
    That's true, I really like ezine articles, you can use other peoples' articles on your website, and/or write your own.

I'm a freelance writer so ezine is perfect for me
  9. lisafox Guest

Wow ! was not knowing there are so so many options for making money online. But do all really work?
  10. sherry2010 New Member

Hi ,I Just recently started my internet marketing service, which involved set up my own website, it was really energy consuming as a complete beginer, however, i really enjoyed , and learned a lot otherwise would never know the knowledge and secret behind internet,it did not cost much about $ 50 so far , i have not made money yet, still on the process to get my website into function, i would let you know once i have made money ,i believe i would make some as i did massive reasearch befor i started.