Earn Quick And Easy Money Online

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by getagrip, Aug 19, 2009.

1. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Ok...so I'm normally not a fan of the statement "quick and easy money" because so many scam artists like to use those terms and rip people off, but there are a few exceptions. So, I'm going to discuss a very simple method of earning money online that almost anyone can do. No, you are not going to make a million dollars, but you can make a few extra bucks.

So, what is the method?

Sell your stuff on Craigslist!

We all have extra stuff lying around ourl homes that we are not using. In fact, some people have rooms full of junk that just sits there. Recently, I used Craigslist to unload a few things I didn't need, and as a result, not only was I able to free up some space in my apartment, but I was also able to earn some money in the process. Here are a couple of things I sold:

- a love seat
    - a digital tv converter box
    - a weight bench

Another thing you can do, expecially if you have something that might be valuable, is sell stuff on eBay. Collectors items are great. Here are a few examples of items that sell on eBay:

- used records
    - comic books
    - old cell phones
    - vintage computers
    - Hotwheels

Really, this is just the tip of the iceburg - you might have a goldmine of junk that is just sitting there collecting dust - why not sell it and make some money from it?

If you want to know whether or not something will sell on eBay, make sure to do a Completed Listing Search - anything that shows up with a green price will be an item that sold, but anything that shows up with a red price tag is an item that did not sell.

So, there you have it. That's my plan to help you make some quick and easy money - and its yours free, including resale rights! [​IMG]

2. TyBrown

TyBrown New Member

We're not fans of garage sales so this is how we 'liquidate' our stuff. Good idea

3. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I still get calls for a lawnmower I sold on craigslist one hour after I posted the add. Its been almost a month now.

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Make sure to delete your ads after the item has sold! [​IMG]

5. RightOnTrack

RightOnTrack New Member

Yes, Craigslist has helped me and my family make a little extra money during these tough times.

To add a couple of extras to your post:

1. Take a least 2 pictures of the items to be sold.

2. Copy and paste the same ad into kijiji and backpage. You'll get responses from those ad sites as well.

So far I've sold:

Yamaha scooter, 32" tv and stereo equipment.

Craigslist is pretty useless when it comes to looking for employment, too many scam artists.

6. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

I have to say that is a good idea. I really did not think of craigs list as a place to get rid of old stuff. I just usually throw it in the trash. I got that advise from some one that does not make any money at all. Life is funny you can take advise from some one that has never sold anything and probably sell nothing. Or you can ask some one that has sold before and start to sell. That tip right there may change the way I look at the junk I have laying around in the house!!

Thanks!!

7. newbeginning239

newbeginning239 New Member

Hello everyone! I am new to this form. You are just like I use to be selling7116. I can not stand clutter even to this day. I would always throw junk straight in the trash, and my mom would always tell me that I never know when I might need it again. She was right, for some strange reason even if it would be weeks, months, or even years letter I always find myself needing what I threw away. Then I would have to buy it all over again. I got so tired of buying from scratch the same stuff so now I have been more on the careful at not throwing to much of nothing away. I hold on to it for some time, and the junk that I truly realize I just give it away. Or even like you and others said maybe just sale it, because even if we don't want or need it, there is someone out there who can benefit a great deal from our junk!

8. candy3

candy3 New Member

Good tip! I really like craigslist even though it has a bad rep - I have sold a lot of things there as well. I want to mention that I also got 2 very nice work at home gigs - one that I still do - from craigslist. You just have to be really careful when looking for work there and the main thing is DO NOT give anybody a dime for a work at home job and do not put your social security number on an "application" to work from home either. Any company that is legitimate will not even ask for it until you have been hired and had the chance to check everything out.

9. happywife

happywife Gold Member

If I still lived in the US, I would definitely use Craigslist to sell "extra" stuff that I didn't want any more. As it is, I do use craisglist to purchase things for people in the US.

It's a little more difficult because I have to get people to post the items to friends and pay via paypal, but it's worked for me a few times.

I'm currently trying to find Calico Critters for some little girls I know. Those things are expensive for being so tiny and for little kids! Anyway, I figured second hand was the way to go.

So far I've purchased the carry case for them, but now I need some of the critters and furniture! Ugh! Between Craigslist and eBay I've been scouring around for a bargain. Wish me luck! [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

10. taz87

taz87 Member

Sorry, But just for clarity is craiglist USA only or worldwide?

Taz

11. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Taz,

Craigslist is in a lot of different countries to some degree or other. The extension is usually different to suit the country. For example, in Australia it is craigslist.com.au and in the Philippines it is craigslist.com.ph and so forth.

If you Google "craigslist + country name" of your choice (without the quotes) you should find the right one if there is one.

Blessings,
    Angie

12. taz87

taz87 Member

happywife,
    Thanks for the clarification. The country extension thing is new info to me, you learn something new everyday [​IMG]

Taz

13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

No problem. Glad to help. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

14. signorm68

signorm68 New Member

Interesting post getagrip, I always made money online on different ways,( more tech), but will try to sell all my junk on CL, since, I am one of those who has full house of different old stuffs that can be used by someone else. To be honest I never tought about that, but when you said that You sold "a love seat" what ever that is, I suppose that for my various used stuffs will be people interested to buy.

15. shuvo

shuvo Member

It sounds a great way to make money by selling stuffs in places like ebay and craigslist.Thanks for sharing getagrip.

16. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Craigslist and ebay are good ways to make some money if you have stuff to sell. But in general, I've found making money online does take some work.

17. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

My friend personally sells stuff on Ebay day in and day out and makes more that $6000 a month doing it.

I prefer Affiliate marketing because of the headache of having physical products :p

18. amandahayford

amandahayford New Member

We finally moved back to the Minneapolis/St Paul area and I'm SO glad to have craigslist back! We were in a little town and no one used online ads, they just did the garage sale thing. I don't like spending my weekends digging thru other people's trash.

It's so easy to get rid of stuff, and find cheap things...especially baby stuff!

I still can't figure out how to make profit on ebay. When you factor shipping and their large selling fees and paypal fees....

I've usually broken even and at most made a couple bucks. One buyer ripped me off. [​IMG]

There are a lot of successful sellers, maybe I'll tackle it one day!