Earn some money at home

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by plugandplay, Mar 7, 2014.

1. plugandplay

plugandplay New Member

While not $1,000s each month, doing free surveys can earn you anywhere between $100 - $500. The are many sites that don't work well, you spend far more time than what you earn, or they only give you an entry into a sweepstakes. However there are a handful that are more than worth the time you spend that pay you via paypal, quickly, or give you Amazon gift certificates.

Bert Declercq and payment proof like this.
  2. Shay Kaay

Shay Kaay New Member

People are so quick to jump on making a $1000 monthly, they look past the things you have to do to get that! Realistically speaking $600 sounds more of an interest range! How about I help you make $600 a month and from there you move up..

3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

There are many ways to make money online. I say find a niche that works for you and go with it. :)

Best of luck on your success plugandplay. :)

Bert Declercq likes this.
  4. Art

Art Member

What I'd recommend anyone is to start offering services online if you are starting out.
    You can do it on Fiverr, Odesk, Elance and other sites...
    This is the quickest and easiest way to actually start making money online - then you can go from there :)
    Good luck :)
    Art

5. KB24

KB24 Active Member

I wouldn't worry about doing surveys. Find something that interests you build a site around that. There are many affiliate programs out there that you may not even thought existed.

robinincarolina likes this.
  6. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Chuckle. Ya, me too. I have found that by the time you figure out which sites actually PAY, you can be in the hole by quite a bit if you aren't careful! Plus you have a nasty headache and if you are lucky, you still have hair left on your head.

8. Gee

Gee New Member

FYI: having been home for three months on medical leave for knee replacement, believe me - I have seen more "work at home opportunities" than I wanted to, and although I can fill some of my time proofing resumes, 4-6 more months of this is GOING TO DRIVE ME CRAZY! (At least I can do my "good deed" for the day here and fill some of my time doing so). IF you're going to pursue the survey circuit, be prepared to be flooded with surveys about products, services, etc., AND the requests that you "try" the products and services and THEN report on your experience. There's nothing wrong with this of course, but for each survey you may receive .50, 1.00, OR if you're lucky, as much as 5.00, but it will probably take you the entire day to do what they require. All I want is something simple and repetitive that will pay me very little UNLESS I spend 6-10 hours on it, time that I have because I'm GOING CRAZY! Someone please help...

9. Ash_ash

Ash_ash New Member

I totally agree with Art. Recently,I have bumped into Fourerr and what made me like them a lot is that they share successful start up stories, inspiring and helpful resources on how to be successful in their blog. Of course aside from you could land a couple of microjobs from them.

The said sites is indeed a good starting point of adding extra income at the comfort of your home:)

10. janny108

janny108 New Member

what kind of work are you doing?

11. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I focus on the free money making niche. I work with sites and opportunities that are both free to join and offer free ways to make money.

Bert Declercq and YAGOOFT like this.
  12. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It is very possible to make $1,000 per month but for someone new, I would recommend that they start with a goal of making their first sale.

The sale can make you $10-$50 but once you make your first sale, your belief level skyrockets.

Focus on your FIRST sale online and then things will just pick up from there.

Bert Declercq and payment proof like this.
  13. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

There are over 500 online companies offering money for people who want to work from home doing surveys and earn a full-time income.

"Beware of such sites that promise you riches for nothing; they're a scam."

While there are some legitimate sites that pay a few dollars to take a ten minute survey, there are others that are not legitimate. Many of these sites simply exist to gather your personal information and sell it to telemarketing companies.

14. Many of us tried to earn money from home but failed to succeed.What I found and heard is that earning money online is quite simple but only with right business idea.The only thing you need is awareness.The best way to earn from home is to start offering services online.The area which I found to be more profitable and don't need any big investment is to become travel affiliate.There are many travel companies (if I give you an example like Travelerrr and there are more) are ready to pay high commission and affiliate payouts in order to stay competitive online.

Hope my this short guide help you.

payment proof likes this.
  15. Johnny Thomas

Johnny Thomas New Member

We are all aware that we can do business in the online world. Practically we all need money and putting our products and services online can be profitable in the sense that more people are into the social media. It is best if you are aware what you offer online (products and services) is true. Some people are gaining money to some products that do not have anything good at all. On contrast, if you have some skills on writing or if you are a computer literate person then you can apply to certain job offers online.

16. Eric Coons

Eric Coons New Member

I agree with Art. Fiverr is a great place to start. Build up a good reputation and with the add-ons you could be looking at $20 - $50 per day. It does take time and work, but doesn't everything that produces real results?

Good luck!

17. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

Anything worth having will take time to acquire, so don't think one home business strategy is going to get you where you want to be financially for it takes time and money to build a home business to be self sustaining.

With thousands of home based businesses to choose from, it can be difficult if not impossible to get started as it can be overwhelming for newbies. The key to success is getting started, not procrasitinating which can lead to never committing to a home business.

Choose low to no cost start up businesses, this way you remove the fear factor of losing money, or worse, failing. Removing these obstacles removes your procrastination tendencies which we all have. Choose a recessionproof business opportunity, something you can verify the product performance on first and foremost as you will never succeed unless you are committed to your products quality, value and is wanted by everyone who sees it work and how effectively it saves people time and money, then you have a winner.

Most products cannot be demonstrated in a minute or less, and unless you have that impact on a new prospect, the likelyhood of making a sale drops significantly as I have seen over the years. You must seek out products which solves peoples problems, as in solutions to common every day life. Then find a niche exclusive product which is also important to ones success. Why would anyone want to compete with Walmart, Cosco, Amazon, etc. who offer the same product category for less. It is all about choosing wisely something you can believe in as the best product ever and one you can demonstrate instantly.

Why do you think Avon was successful going door to door, they were able to demonstrate the cosmetics instantly, works every time when you have a good product. Why do so many fail at selling weight loss deals when they themselves are overweight, and how many weight loss products work? Not many from my experience. It is always more difficult to sell a product which may at best take months to see results. This covers most home business products like nutritional supplements as example which dominate home based businesses. Choose wisely, love your product personally, then you have a chance of success when you can tell people, not sell them.

Success to all,

18. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

Hello,

Remember that the good stuff is never for free or easy to do. There are opportunities that you can start for free like writing your own blog. With a good niche you can start building traffic and generate some money. BUT all of this just takes time. Be consistent on it and post something daily, write about something that interests you, if it doesn't but it's just a highly searched nitche the stakes are high that you won't maintain your efforts.

Anyway, writing a blog is the first thing you can easily decide on doing. A second path you could decide to take is the path of Affiliate or Network Marketing. These are both very interesting industries that provide you the opportunity to share products with all the people that you know. You are doing it anyway on a daily bases so why don't you just talk about with intention and make money with it.

Example:
    You go out on a dinner with a friend and you really love the restaurant's steak with fries. My question to you: 'Will you shut up about it eventhough you like it?' NO. You will share it with all of your close friends, post a picture on social media,... That's exactly what Affiliate or Network Marketing does. They don't put money into traditional advertisements but into the normal people like us.

Pick a company where the products attract you and share their product line instead of the steak and fries in that restaurant because the restaurant won't give you anything in return.

Kind Regards,

Bert Declercq
    Young Motivated Entrepreneur

Just2EZ likes this.
  19. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

Dear YAGOOFT,

Amazing information you shared with us, I agree with a lof of it.
    I want to go more in detail though on the fact that you say people need to find something that is low cost or almost no cost to start up. You are right about the fact that people will start faster and won't be that affraid to lose money because you just can't... This has a downside as well though.

In my business people have the option to chose, start up for free or purchase promotion material. Why my company does that is simple, some people just don't have any money to invest in the beginning so of course we also want to give them the opportunity to change their live. BUT

The reason we recommend people to actually invest some money is because if they do that they will treat their business much more serious. Let's say you invested zero dollars in your new business and thing are going rough. You don't have anything on the line so 95% of the people will just quit because it's easy to do. Of course people like you and me, we understand the value of a free business so we treat it like a multi million dollar business eventhough it isn't just yet.

So now if people do invest money and they run into some obstacles, they will be more lickely to push forward because there investment is on the line. In my personal belief I think success rate is higher when people have to invest something because in order to succeed in your business you need to give it time and hard work. The problem is that most people dont' give it enough time so they quit. While in fact I'm convinced if they would hang on just a little longer they would see results.

Amazing content though thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Kind Regards,

Bert Declercq
    Young Motivated Entrepreneur

payment proof and YAGOOFT like this.
  20. John_Moore

John_Moore Member

Yeah you can definitely do that but you need to put some time in to get some results back, like with everything