Easy and Free Way To Use Video

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kenwrites, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

One of the best ways I have increased traffic to my Amazon and OWM sites is by using video. However, if you are like me, you don't necessarily want to be in front of the camera. Also you don't want to spend a lot of money on equipment. Here is a free way I have used to make videos from blog posts, reviews and even entire OWM articles.

Gather photos of your product or service that you are promoting. 4 minimum, but the more the merrier.

Find the voice recorder that is built into your computer operating system. nearly all computers have this feature. Simply record a presentation about your product or service. I have simply read one of my articles or reviews onto the voice recorder. Save the recording in a folder on your desktop.

Locate the movie maker built into your system. Again, most newer computers already have this feature. The first few times you use it will be a learning curve, but you will get the hang of it.

Upload your photos and your voice recording. Play around with it and get the video put together. Save the video and upload it to YouTube.

Put in relevant keywords and a link to your site and let it sit. You will get traffic. Respond to comments on the video.

Again, the first few times you do this will take the longest as you begin to learn the system on your computer. Don't get frustrated. Just do it. This is an easy way to use the power of YouTube to bring in a funnel of pre-qualified traffic to your website.

To Your Success!
  2. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

That's a good way to get started Kenneth. Thanks for sharing that. Simplicity is golden.
  3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

It really is easy to make a video. I remember when I first learned I was pissed I hadn't gotten into it sooner. Many people have windows movie maker right on their computer free (or can download it), and then just like you said some images, text, and sound if you like and you have a video great for uploading around the net.
  4. Ernest Morse

Ernest Morse New Member

Videos are great to promote yourself or products. You can use slideshow presentations as well with openoffice software (free open source alternative to microsoft office) and use another free software called camstudio to do a screen capture while you record the voice. Both are great ways to create videos for the camera shy person.
  5. Great information for everyone wanting to get into video creation.

I use Animoto Pro but there is a free version.
  6. TXT180

TXT180 New Member

Ernest Morse: use another free software called camstudio to do a screen capture while you record the voice.
    I have made 20 or so videos using Camstudio and it is really easy. Unfortunately, I don't think that I have got any traffic from them...but they are just support tutorials. Any ideas on how I can use them to increase traffic?
  7. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Brandon, make sure to review your videos. Make them short about 3-5 minutes long and see if they get attention. I'm working on simple and cost efficient marketing material myself that focuses on grabbing attention. Once you have someone's attention, work on the next phase to keep them there and eventually guide them to the closing phase. Hope this helps.
  8. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Ken, can you tell me what a OWM site is?
    Thanks.
  9. Mazzini Auto

Mazzini Auto New Member

OWM = One Week Marketing

*answer*