ebook screenshots. How to?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by redsadie, Apr 16, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Hi guys

I've decided that I am going to write an ebook in my chosen niche (got the first 7 pages down [​IMG]) but I'm wondering how you take screenshots. I'm not putting any earnings up (because I don't have any yet [​IMG]) but it's to show different pages on the internet so I can 'show' more easily, and explain what I'm talking about, iykwim?

It's currently in word and it's so far very involved. More involved than I thought writing it down would be! I reckon it'll be about 100 pages long by the time I'm finished, which is too long in my opinion, but how to break it down? I suppose I'll have to write it then see if I can break it up, but it'll be a challenge as I want to give the readers as much detailed info as possible. I want to give them ALL the pieces of the puzzle.

Also if I use condensed, broken up snippets in Ezine Articles, is it right to use it all together in an ebook I want to charge money for?

Thanks for your help as always [​IMG]

Sarah. x
  2. CHIDIVA

CHIDIVA New Member

HOLD ALT>PRT SCRN ,go to paint or word ,click edit>paste then click file>save or save as.i hope this helps[​IMG]
  3. iceyd

iceyd New Member

Assuming you're saying what I think you're saying, there should be a "print scrn" or "print screen" labelled key on your keyboard (usually to the right of where the F1-12 keys are).

Press that and load up a graphics program (such as Microsoft Paint) and paste the image there (shortcut keys for MS Paint would be Ctrl+V). From there you can resize the image etc. and from there you can copy and paste it to your word document.

Hope this helps.
  4. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Hey redsadie,

Hit "Ctrl" and "Prt Scrn" to take a screen shot and then to paste you can either right click and hit paste or use the Ctrl and "v" at the same time.

Just FYI Ctrl and "c" simultaneously copies text.
  5. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Here is how you can capture a screenshot of your ebook.
  6. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

redsadie: I reckon it'll be about 100 pages long by the time I'm finished, which is too long in my opinion, but how to break it down?
    RedSadie,

You could offer the material as a package of two or more ebooks, each focusing on a different aspect of the subject matter. You could then squeeze more detail into each section without seeming to overwhelm the reader.

This marketing approach helps to improve the perception of your offer. It makes it look grander and conveys the impression that it's packed with so much information that it can't all be contained in a single ebook.

You could even charge a higher price for such a package. Perception is reality!

All the best with your project.

Hermas
  7. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks guys [​IMG]

I thought I'd have to upload pictures I had taken from my camera, lol! Never saw that 'print screen' button before, I'll try that when I get home!

Hermas that's a good idea, I'll pinch that if you don't mind [​IMG]

Thanks as always

Sarah. xx
  8. redsadie

redsadie New Member

CHIDIVA: HOLD ALT>PRT SCRN ,go to paint or word ,click edit>paste then click file>save or save as.i hope this helps
    TshirtFrank: Hey redsadie,

Hit "Ctrl" and "Prt Scrn" to take a screen shot and then to paste you can either right click and hit paste or use the Ctrl and "v" at the same time.

Just FYI Ctrl and "c" simultaneously copies text.
    garygoh: Here is how you can capture a screenshot of your ebook.
    Hey guys, just got home and thought I'd give this a shot, but it's working just as well as copying the whole page and pasting it into my word doc [​IMG]

Tried to press prt sc, then went into paint but all that came up when I clicked edit was 'paste from' so clicked that and it just went to 'my pictures'. [​IMG]

Am I doing something wrong? There's no option to save when I press prt sc button.

xx
  9. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Sarah,

I don't usually use paint, but in my photo editing software you have to click on File>New before you can paste the graphic screen shot. Could that possibly the problem?

Hope you get it sorted out.

Blessings,
    Angie
  10. samda

samda Member

Once quick concern before getting started. You said you have not earned and putting up a ebook without prior experience will take you to mess.
    Ok. Use printscreen button in the keyword to take screenshots. If you like to take static screenshots you could also use snagit (Very good) and jing (Also supports video recording)
  11. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks guys

I'll try this when I get home, it's 6.50 AM here and I'm just off to work.

Samuel, I do hope to have earned at least a cent before I get my ebook out [​IMG] but those screen shots of earnings....? Well, quite frankly, I know *I* don't bother looking at them half the time, how do you know their telling the truth? Have you been on The Warrior forum lately? Quite a post going on over there about screen shots of earnings being doctored b a very well known and trusted Warrior.

xx
  12. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

redsadie: Am I doing something wrong? There's no option to save when I press prt sc button.
    I use PRT SCR button as well, but I paste it to the Power Point:
    On the screen that you need press PRT SCR and then go to the Power Point ant right click on the new slide, it will give you an option to Paste. Power Point is convenient in the way that you can add all kinds of pointers, graphics and other text to the screen shot, and also to take only a portion of the screen shot (probably, as well as Paint). Then you save the slide as JPEG and there you go! Make sure you read the Google terms of use, because there is only so much they allow you to do with their screen shots as far as alterations, pointers and such.
  13. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks for that Pavel, I'll check that out when I get home [​IMG]
  14. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

PavelBecker: right click on the new slide
    I meant "open new slide and then right click on that slide", that's when the drop down menu with the "Paste" will open.
  15. bigdogunleashed

bigdogunleashed New Member

I like to use Snagit for every screen capture because you can choose full screen or choose only what you want to capture. So for PDF's you can capture an image with some content around it to make a new, improved image.
    SnagIt is a really simple program to master the basics, and then it has many advanced features.
    I'm not selling SnagIt, but I've found it to be my solution to all these issues.
  16. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Hmm. I'm not sure my prt sc button is actually working. I've tried paint - nothing, I've tried paint.net which I have used before - nothing, I've tried Powerpoint - nothing. I'm now downloading Sanagit free 30 day trial to see if that'll work. I've done everything you all said - thanks for that - but each time I go to paste, it's like that light grey colour that you cannot click on. ?????

I'll let you know how it goes with Sanagit.

I don't have to enable my prt sc button do I???

xx
  17. redsadie

redsadie New Member

redsadie: I'll let you know how it goes with Sanagit.
    Of course you know I meant snagit [​IMG]

Well, I did well with it actually! Signed up for their 30 day free trial and it all seems to be going rather well. Dunno what's up with my prt sc button though [​IMG]

xx
  18. mrsonic

mrsonic New Member

19. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

redsadie: Dunno what's up with my prt sc button though
    Hi RS,

On most keyboards you have to hold down shift because the Print Screen key is usually shared with another function to save space. If you don't hold down shift, the other function (usually something like Sys Rq) will be active when you hit the shared key.

~Newbie Shield~
  20. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Newbie Shield: Hi RS,

On most keyboards you have to hold down shift because the Print Screen key is usually shared with another function to save space. If you don't hold down shift, the other function (usually something like Sys Rq) will be active when you hit the shared key.
    Thanks NS, I just tried that suggestion too, but it just doesn't seem to want to do anything!

mrsonic: Hello,

Download photoscape. It's free and similar to Paint Shop Pro.
    http://photoscape.org

Dave
    Hello Dave and welcome to the forum (I don't think I've welcomed you yet!)

I'll try photoscape, thanks for that [​IMG]