Employer ID number

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal Advice' started by gregriv69, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. gregriv69

    gregriv69 New Member

    When you're starting out, you'll need to apply to the IRS for an employer identification number or EIN, which must be on your return and other documents you file with the IRS. (If you're a sole proprietor with no employees or you have a single-owner limited liability company, you'll use your Social Security number instead.) To get an EIN, you can apply with the IRS online .
  2. netjobs

    netjobs Member

    Quoting: gregriv69When you're starting out

    What to starting out? can you be more clear pls..
  3. A8ch

    A8ch Gold Member


    I believe Greg is referring to starting a business. Securing an EIN is a requirement for legal and tax reasons in the United States. It is also needed to open a business bank account.


Share This Page