Enable your browser cookies prior taking any survey...why?

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by evgenyts, Oct 2, 2009.

1. evgenyts

evgenyts Guest

I would like to contribute this forum with a very important piece of info. The paid survey companies are very selective about their survey takers and don't pay to anybody, only those who are eligible to take this particular survey.

Example:
    Name: General Study #1
    Demos: Male/Female, 18-75 YOA
    Qualifiers: IE Browser Only
    Payout: $1.25
    Time: 15 Minutes

But, how the survey company knows if you don't take the same survey more then once and take their money once and once again? They plant a cookie in your Internet Browser that usually expires (delete itself) after 30 days. During this time you can't take this particular survey again.
    In addition, if you think to disssable cookies prior taking a survey, forget it, they don't allow to take any survey if you have your cookies disabled. Worse then that, sometimes you take their survey and NOT get paid because your cookies was disabled.

One good thing you can take with you from this post is that if you keep records of every surveys you take, you can take it again after its cookie expired and get paid again (in case it is still promoted).

Good luck AND get paid!
  2. I think you're confusing paid surveys with GPTs. They are not the same thing. Paid surveys are market research and there is no way to take them more than once because you have to be a member of their panel. And if you were to attempt to take it multiple times it would be considered fraud and subject to legal action.

But even with GPTs it's still fraud to try to do them more than once and clearing your cookies doesn't change that.

-Danielle
  3. evgenyts

evgenyts Guest

moneymaker1008,
    both paid surveys and GPTs forbides taking surveys more then once, but in case of paid surveys, survey company do allow taking surveys more then once but after a surtain perioud, usually 30 days, because sometimes they try to improve the service or other subject of the survey and thay want you to come back and take tha same survey again to see the improvement infuence on your answers.

So, on this case you may want to keep records of all paid surveys you take each month and use it again 30 days after.
  4. evgenyts: moneymaker1008,
    both paid surveys and GPTs forbides taking surveys more then once, but in case of paid surveys, survey company do allow taking surveys more then once but after a surtain perioud, usually 30 days, because sometimes they try to improve the service or other subject of the survey and thay want you to come back and take tha same survey again to see the improvement infuence on your answers.

So, on this case you may want to keep records of all paid surveys you take each month and use it again 30 days after.
    I don't really know what you're referring to. If they want you to take a survey again (which is pretty rare) they would send you an invitation via email. You wouldn't have to go back to it.

Which paid survey panels are you referring to by the way?

-Danielle
  5. evgenyts

evgenyts Guest

Danielle,
    I would like to expand my explanation on paid surveys in order to give you and other readers deeper understanding on this issue.

There are two kinds of surveys:
    1. Winning surveys -
    2. Paid Surveys -

The first choice never gives you the opportunity to take the same survey again. If you are eligible, you may take their survey once during the sweepstakes period. Registration is for one survey only and you get a chance to win some kind of prize.

The second choice pays you cash money for each survey you take. The registration is for the survey company panel and not for one survey (as in previous choice). This time the cookies issue comes to ensure that you take each survey only once until the cookie expires. Usually they send you the "cookie expires after..." info with their survey offer. This why I strongly recommend everybody who takes paid surveys to enable their cookies prior taking any survey. Otherwise, you may not receive your payment.

Hope I cleared you the issue this time.

[Links removed - Admin]
  6. Oh ok, so you are taking about daily surveys that everyone can attempt to qualify for (meaning you don't have to be invited). This is not the case for most paid survey panels which offer a survey once and only to some members (ie: Lightspeed, Valued Opinions, etc.)

So I guess cookies are only important for daily surveys. Although, I'm a member of Palm Research as well and I've never had to worry about cookies, surveys have always credited.

-Danielle
  7. evgenyts

evgenyts Guest

Daniele,

I am glad that we verified this issue.

You didn't have to worry about cookies because in your case they are always enabled in your browser, but, as you know in IE you can choose your security level and in some cases high security lever disables the cookies and this prevents from the survey company plant them in your PC and eventually you don't get paid because of this.

This clarification must be understood by the survey takers in order to prevent unpleasant situations when you are not credited for taking paid survey.
  8. john58

john58 New Member

You guys are right.as for me i prefer clearing my cookies after taking survey and it helps alot